Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

New Update of Harmony blocks AHK in Ragnarok

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic
Ever
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Apr 06 2011 04:19 PM
Hello I'm from Mexico.

I going to explain a little bit the reason of this topic.

There's a new version of "Harmony" that was installed to play ragnarok online, this new version blocks all kind of AHK scripts, then I can't spam any button when I'm playing this game.

I already checked a similar topic that I found in this link: <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...topic68722.html<!-- m -->

I have exactly the same problem but the solution with the final script posted do not work for me.

I'm searching for a new solution with a new script, I will appreaciate your help. I have tried modifying the script but my limited knowledge about scripts do not allow me to find the solution.

This is the script that solved the problem of the user in the link that I cited: I think that you can take it as a base to start searching a new solution for me please.

$F1::
SetDefaultMouseSpeed, 0
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 300

Loop
{
   BlockInput, MouseMoveOff
     if not GetKeyState("F1", "P")
        break
     SendPlay {H}
   BlockInput, off
   SendEvent {Click}
   Sleep, 200 ; it will still do this loop ~ 5 times per second.
}
return

When I open the server and then I run the script, I can not use any skill in the game, "F1" buttom is blocked.

Thanks in advance.

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
My solution to problems like this is to never buy or play any game that has script blocking installed as part of the game. I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my hands and also bursitis in my right (mouse arm) shoulder. I use scripts to help me stay in the game longer than just 15-20 minutes at a time. Any game that makes it painful for me to play doesn't deserve any money I would put into it, including their online stores and subscriptions.

If you are correct that the game producer has implemented script blocking, and several games do that through things like X=Trap, Punkbuster, Valve Anti-Cheat, etc., there are alternatives. If you want to find out how to circumvent (if possible) these kinds of restrictions there are sites online that can give you information on workarounds. Make sure you check them out first.

But, as I said before, any game that attempts to punish me for being partially disabled and using a script in-game to make myself competitive, is not going to get any money from me -- ever! The reason companies can do this is that people buy their products anyway.

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

Ever
  • Members
  • 6 posts
The server in which I'm actually playing is free, I don't pay any money, they implemented this script blocking and also other things like, "RCX blocking" to decrease graphic lag, and a tool that we call "ro-medic" to auto-consume potions and heal the character, these last tools were blocked but we found the way to modify and make them able to use. We haven't had success with the AHK, that is way I'm asking for help.

Those cites you mention, do you know any where I can find some information about how to solve this problem? I dont know as much as you can know about scripts, so I really need help.

If you read the link I put in my first post, that user had the same problem as me, he mention that the new version of harmony blocks the AHK just when he open the server to play ragnarok, he coud solve the problem by using the script that I also cite, I tried with that script but dont worked for me, please any other solution?

Thanks again in advance

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
Ok Here's what I'm doing at the moment. I'm downloading Ragnarok Online so I can test a few theories. I will let you know what I find. Please be patient. Of all the links I came up with for workarounds, all of them are subscription based. Maybe I'm wrong but I dont think you want to pay for a site subscription to a site that may be marginal in value, especially since you can't even see the quality of the information on the site before you actually have to pay for it. This is one of the main reasons I'm breaking one of my own rules and downloading a game I don't intend to play. But I do want to check out what it's doing to block outside apps. I'll let you know as soon as I find out anything...

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

Ever
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Ok, let me make you know that this script blocking is not a general or a global problem, I mean, it is not a problem that happen in all the free private servers in which we can play, there are servers without this script blocking and all works well, so I think if you are going to test what you say, you may need to test directly in the server with this kind of blocking that is also the server in which I'm playing. I don't know if I can tell you the name of the server by this hereby, if not we could talk via mail or msn, or even if it is not neccessary to test in this server let me know please.

Also you can check this link to know more about harmony (the system that is actually blocking the scripts) and its features and maybe it can make easier to find a solution, <!-- m -->http://harmonize.it/feature<!-- m -->

I can not understand correctly this kind of informacion so I think you can, thanks in advance again.

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
I looked at the site for the link you posted. What i"m reading there pretty much is based around game file manipulation, packet sniffing and packet alteration, hardware speed hacks through clock manipulation, and game memory alterations and perhaps dll injection methods. The only place where the site gives any inkling that it might be blocking scripts like AHK is in the MultiLayer sections. But if that's the case then Harmony is doing something similar to what X-Trap does by scanning processes outside it's own memory space and that requres a system ring 0 privilege -- possibly a rootkit that pretty much invades the memory space. If that is true i'll find out soon enough. Rootkits don't live long in my machine. The game is still downloading and should be done in about a half hour. Then I'm going to bed. When i get up I'll throw together a few tests and perhaps some assembler code before I run the game's installer. Then we'll see if the game is stepping outside it's own memory space. If it's trying to run a rootkit or Process scanner I'll catch that right away. Stay posted...

Rock-on%20kitten.gif

Ever
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Ok pretty fine, I really appreciate your help, I'll stay in tune, any extra information or details you need, let me know.

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
OMG I dont think I've ever run into a game that was so unintuitive to install and register for. Who thinks to pick a server BEFORE even downloading the game and if the registration website decides to get pissy and not let you register then you just lost 3 hours downloading that game setup and need to go download a totally new set of files (3 more hours) for a completely different set of patches. THAT's INSANE. and people actually PAY to play this? I still haven't gotten it installed and running. But then I activated Vista's UAC before trying to install and that doesn't even give me warm fuzzies because of all the files that get altered during installation. Now i have to throw out this old one to download a new one because the website's captcha that i need to verify is screwed. I am one hair's breadth away from chucking the whole idea.

Rock-on%20kitten.gif

Ever
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Wait, you should stop downloading, I'm going to give you one link were you can download all files you need in only one link, also I'm going to post another download you need (from the server which is using the harmony system), and also a link for the control panel of the server were you need to register probably.

EDIT: I erased the links.

Ever
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Don't worry any more, we fix it, so stop donwloading xD we made it works perfectly, thank you for your attention, I hope we can talk later, thank you

MySmileIsARifle
  • Guests
  • Last active:
How you solved it? Share with everyone? :D

@Ever
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Don't worry any more, we fix it, so stop donwloading xD we made it works perfectly, thank you for your attention, I hope we can talk later, thank you

Please i need to fix mine too. I read every post and sentence and you just dont wanna share with us how you solved it?? ): this is egoistic..
I have the same problem :oops:

NUMNUMS
  • Guests
  • Last active:
same problem.. how to bypass harmony? :(

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
I found some information on Harmony for Ragnarok Online that deals with using AutoHotkey scripts it's on the link listed below under the section labelled "Protection Measures". If you don't want to click on the link to see what the full range of anti-hack/anti-bot protections are, i will give you this nugget from the site.
Extract:

Protection measures

Which attacks are blocked by Harmony?
Harmony blocks a broad range of cheat tools, including WPE, rPE, OpenKore, SpeedGear and other commonly used software. As of the latest version (3.3), basic routines against AutoHotkey are also included, which will be extended in future releases.
Additionally, several low-level attack patterns (e.g. memory modifications) are observed and blocked.

Can input macro tools like AutoHotkey be blocked?
No. It is technically impossible to reliably block these tools. Every attempt to block these tools will be fairly easy to bypass - especially when common gaming keyboards are used, which often provide macro features directly in hardware.
That being said, Harmony has protection routines to detect and block common hotkey software like AutoHotkey. These routines will even be extended in future versions.

The link to this can be found here...
https://harmonize.it/faq#faq_11
This should pretty well settle all issues regarding the use of AutoHotkey within Ragnarok Online.

My answer to this type of protectionism is to completely avoid playing, buying, subscribing to, or otherwise patronizing ANY game which blocks macro scripts simply because of my other "physical" issues noted in previous posts of mine on this forum. When a game becomes painful for me to play, then all enjoyment in it is lost and I will find another game that doesn't punish me for playing it.

For those who do enjoy playing RO and many other games with protection, I say, "Good on ya!" I hope your gaming experience exceeds all your expectations. May all your characters become epic heroes.

Rock-on%20kitten.gif

tomoe_uehara
  • Members
  • 2166 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2015 05:33 PM
Yep, it looks like that Ragnarok players can't use AHK in the game, they're forced to use /battlemode again :lol: