Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

LemonLaunch - Launch Websites, Programs, Searches via Keyboard or Voice/Speech

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
AfterLemon
  • Moderators
  • 237 posts
  • Connoisseur of Boobs
  • Last active: Jan 04 2016 11:12 PM
LemonLaunch - Launch Websites, Programs, Searches via Keyboard or Voice/Speech

This is essentially an AHK-built desktop awesomebar. No extra stuff, just good clean searching as small and as fast as possible.

TO RUN:

Hit your hotkey as set in the LemonLaunchSettings.ini to launch the interface. Type the search item ("g" for example), then hit Tab, or put in your separator ("|" by default), then type the search.

It should look like (spaces before the separator and a single after are ignored):
g | searchdata

Then hit enter and it will search google for "searchdata".

Default search is "g" -> Google

To run a program or computer location or visit a website directly, do NOT supply any search data.
g |

How to use Voice Search and Launch:

Each "search" item is pre-pended with the word "search".

To search Google, for example, hit the hotkey, then wait for the prompt and finishing "beep". The beep signals the script is ready for recognition.

Say "search Google" and wait for the secondary prompt and beep. Then speak your search. Currently enunciation and proper language is essential. (There are no slang terms included in the Microsoft Speech API.)

Each "direct" item can be stated as normal.

That's it! Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

An updated version can be seen here:

and the default .ini can be found here:

TechOpus
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Last active: Jul 04 2014 06:37 PM

Error 'No Hotkey Found'! Hotkey is already set in the ini file. I'd love to test out this script, Please advise.

Thank you.

[Edit]

My mistake! must have copied and pasted incomplete script or ini!

nomad619
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Last active: Aug 06 2016 06:42 PM

not sure I'm reading the script or ini file right & I am quite good with AHK but there should be a gui or something when the hotkey is pressed right. The script works beautifully btw I really like it but when I start it and press the hot key then my search, I'm doing this all blind.

I know enough of AHK to create something that I can see, was thinking a small gui with a simple list that shows the search combinations in the ini file, for example yt for youtube. I'd script it so that if something is added, the list on the gui is updated.

Did something similar with this script of mine:

http://www.autohotke...er-file-search/

AfterLemon
  • Moderators
  • 237 posts
  • Connoisseur of Boobs
  • Last active: Jan 04 2016 11:12 PM

nomad619:

Try changing the "x" line in the LemonLaunch Settings ini file.

Right now it's set to -202, showing on the "left" screen of a dual monitor setup (for myself, at least).

I'll change that right now, actually.

nomad619
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Last active: Aug 06 2016 06:42 PM

not sure what seems to be wrong here, I did as you suggest but I still don't see any kind of GUI which if am right should appear after pressing the hotkey #g combination, my screen is resolution is 1680 x 1050 and changed the values to fit within this...not sure if I do anything wrong