Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Pre-1.0.22 Changes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The following changes have been applied to the installer at http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

Fixed ToolTip failing to appear on Windows XP. [thanks Phi and /Torben]

Improved GetKeyState, KeyWait, Input, and hotkeys to support an explicit virtual key such as vkFF. This is useful for keys that have no name and that produce no visible character when pressed. Unfortunately, all such keys keys tend to share the same virtual key code (FF); so if you have more than one of them, this method will not be able to tell them apart (except hotkeys, which should use the scNNN method described at the bottom of the key list page).

GUI: Improved ListBox to support an optional horizontal scroll bar via the word HScroll in its options.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The following change has been applied to the installer at http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

GUI: Fixed Edit controls that have an explicit height (H) that is tall enough to be multi-line: word-wrapping is ON by default, as intended. [thanks Alfredo]

Jerry
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Last active: Jun 05 2007 05:39 PM
Chris,

I downloaded the new version (modified on Oct 15) and tried capturing a virtual key but it did not work. I am running on a Compaq machine with windows 2000 Service pack 4
version 5.00.2195. The machine does have a program running on it to program the virtual keys. It is call “Compaq easy access button software” version 8.0.0.485.

However the script running does “see” the virtual key as it is reported in the ‘key history” screen. Here is a picture of it
Last hotkey type: not keybd hook
Enabled Timers: 0 of 0 ()
Interrupted threads: 0
Paused threads: 0 of 0 (0 layers)
Modifiers (GetKeyState() now) =
Modifiers (Hook's Logical) =
Modifiers (Hook's Physical) =
Prefix key is down: no

The oldest are listed first. VK=Virtual Key, SC=Scan Code, Elapsed=Seconds since the previous event, Types: h=Hook Hotkey, s=Suppressed (hidden from system), i=Ignored because it was generated by the script itself.

VK SC Type Up/Dn Elapsed Key Window
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FF 11F u 4.86 S x.ahk - Notepad
FF 11F u 0.16 S
Press [F5] to refresh.

The “hotkeys and their methods screen” looks like

Type Off? Running Name
-------------------------------------------------------------------
k-hook sc11F

The Script I am running is
; testing new ideas
;
;#InstallKeybdHook
return

sc11F::
msgbox, yes

return

Jerry

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

I downloaded the new version (modified on Oct 15) and tried capturing a virtual key but it did not work.

FF 11F u 4.86 S x.ahk - Notepad
FF 11F u 0.16 S

First I'd like to point out that the 3rd column in the above is "u" for both of the events. This means that both are seen as "up" events, that is, neither one is a down-event. This is quite unusual. What type of key is this exactly?

In any case, assuming the key never generates down-events, the following might make it work:

; This is just a "do nothing" hotkey that forces sc11F to be a prefix key.
sc11F & Capslock::return

; Now that sc11F is a prefix key, it's own action will fire on "key up":
sc11F::
msgbox, yes
return

There is a little more explanation of prefix keys at the top of this page: http://www.autohotke...keyFeatures.htm

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The following changes have been applied to the installer at http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

Added command "WinGet, OutputVar, MinMax, WinTitle", which retrieves -1 if the window is minimized, 1 if it is maximized, or 0 if it is neither.

GUI: Fixed "Gui Show" so that the window's previous dimensions are retained if unspecified. [thanks lingoist]

Jerry
  • Members
  • 39 posts
I noticed the 'u's and thought that might be the problem. The machine is one I have at work...so I'll let you know Monday if your suggestion works.

The key is one of a set of buttons above the function keys on the keyboard (ESC, F1, F2...F12,print screen...). I have only saw this for this Compac computer's keyboard. When I press the key, an internet explorer is started at my home page. It is a rare key so I would not execpt you to program for it but it did seem like a good candidate for the new feature you put in.

P.S. How do I prove the new version of AutoHotKey (that I downloaded) is indeed the latest? The version on it is 1.0.21. I expected it to be something greater than 1.0.21 like 1.0.21.1.

Jerry

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

When I press the key, an internet explorer is started at my home page. It is a rare key so I would not execpt you to program for it but it did seem like a good candidate for the new feature you put in.

That key sounds like Browser_Home. You can see a list of these browser/multimedia key names near the bottom of the key list. For AutoHotkey to fully detect the pressing of these keys, it might sometimes be necessary to uninstall or disable any extra software that came with your keyboard.

How do I prove the new version of AutoHotKey (that I downloaded) is indeed the latest? The version on it is 1.0.21. I expected it to be something greater than 1.0.21 like 1.0.21.1.

There is no way to tell except by checking the modification date on the files. These interim releases are mostly just to fix bugs reported between the main releases. Any new features added between versions are usually announced only if they are considered stable and final.

This practice will probably change as the product becomes more popular. Others have suggested having an interim/beta release separate from the main release. Perhaps a poll is in order.

Jerry
  • Members
  • 39 posts
Chris,

I tried the script with the 'prefix' button. It made the key detectable sometimes. (If I pressed caps lock several times and held down the shift key at the same time as I pressed the other button).

AutoHotKey worked for "*sc11f::" as long as I held down the alt or ctrl or shfit.

I believe at this time, that the situation I am describing has nothing to do with the new code added. So I'll leave it alone. After all I was just trying to test the new code, not throw a red-herring at you.

As for

having an interim/beta release separate from the main release

I think this is up to you. I don't want you to have to do extra work.

AutoHotKey is a great program and your doing a wonderfull job of even making it better! Keep up the good work :lol:

Jerry

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Added command Drive, which ejects/retracts the tray in a CD or DVD drive, or sets a drive's volume label.

Added built-in variables A_ScreenWidth and A_ScreenHeight, which contain the width and height of the primary monitor, in pixels.

Added command SysGet, which retrieves screen resolution, multi-monitor info, the dimensions of system objects, and other system properties. [thanks Gregory F. Hogg of Hogg’s Software]

GUI: Fixed possible crash (never actually observed) when a window destroys itself, such as via a Quit button.

GUI: Fixed "Gui Show" so that when called from the tray menu (and perhaps other times), the window will have keyboard focus. [thanks Tekl]

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

I tried the script with the 'prefix' button. It made the key detectable sometimes. (If I pressed caps lock several times and held down the shift key at the same time as I pressed the other button).

There is probably something in AutoHotkey's design that prevents keys that generate only up-events from working properly. There is an item on the to-do list to allow up-events to be assigned actions separately from down-events. Hopefully that will help.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Fixed the left mouse button when it is used as a hotkey: if it displayed a pop-up menu, the foreground window was seeing the button as stuck-down after the menu was dismissed. [thanks umek]

Added command "DriveGet, OutputVar, StatusCD", which retrieves the media status of a CD or DVD drive.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Improved FileMoveDir to support an optional rename mode, which is helpful in cases where you want "all or none" behavior. [thanks Tekl].

Added command "DriveGet, OutputVar, StatusCD", which retrieves the media status of a CD or DVD drive.

Improved picture controls to support many additional image formats such as PNG, TIF, and ICO if the OS supports them. If your OS is older than XP (except Windows 95), you can add add support by downloading the free Gdi+ extension from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft... ... 590feaa05a

Added command "GuiControl Text", which is the same as the set-contents method except for radio buttons and checkboxes, in which case Param3 is treated as the new text/caption even if it equal to -1, 0, or 1. [thanks Rajat]