Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

No Status Bar Text In Window Spy - Windows 7 / IE11

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
klbatbcl
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Oct 04 2017 07:14 PM

I've been running AutoHotkey scripts on a Windows XP machine, with IE8.  Window Spy's 'Status Bar Text' & StatusBarGetText work fine and I use them all the time.

We're moving to a Windows 7 machine, which has IE11 installed.  The first problem I've run into is that Window Spy shows NOTHING in the 'Status Bar Text' box and StatusBarGetText returns NOTHING.  No text at all in ANY part of 'Status Bar Text'.

I've tried different web pages and all of the new versions of AHK, but nothing changes.  Status Bar Text is just blank / it's not picking ANYTHING up.

The Status Bar Text I'm looking for IS displayed -- in a balloon at the lower left corner -- but again, nothing shows up in Window Spy, so my scripts can't access it.

Does anyone know what the problem is here?  THANKS for any help!

klbatbcl

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

The Status Bar Text I'm looking for IS displayed -- in a balloon at the lower left corner 

A balloon (I'm pretty sure it's a tooltip) is not a status bar.  You need to turn on the status bar in IE before you can get status bar text.  View -> Toolbars -> Status bar.

klbatbcl
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Oct 04 2017 07:14 PM
✓  Best Answer

Thank you, that did it!  I'm glad (and a little embarrassed) that it was something so simple.  I figured it was some change in either Win7 or IE11.

Problem solved -- THANKS again!!

klbatbcl