Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Plug'n'Play GUI Settings Editor for your scripts (Version 6)

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic
Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
:p
your modded function has turned out great... i should be adding it to the main post on top.. u uploading it somewhere?

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Kerry
  • Members
  • 144 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2006 07:33 PM
Hey! god you guys have really taken off on this, it's great! I'm still using the first one that still came out in my script, but I'm going to upgrade it really soon

I had 2 requests that I would find very helpful if you could do them :)

[*:1rqbucf9]Preselected Key (if you want someone to go to a certain key first, or in my case, want to make sure someone realizes they should open the section)
[*:1rqbucf9]Have certain values that are acceptable. For example, in my script, I test whether someone puts in "Yes" or "No", I wouldn't want them putting in any other thing or else it can mess up the script. Maybe a dropdown menu with possible options

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
  • Last active: Aug 20 2014 04:23 PM

:P
your modded function has turned out great... i should be adding it to the main post on top.. u uploading it somewhere?

Thanks for th honor. I'll upload it soon. The post is getting too long now. But first I would like to enhance it a bit more.

Preselected Key (if you want someone to go to a certain key first, or in my case, want to make sure someone realizes they should open the section)

I do not know how this could do be done. Any suggestions? Rajat?

Have certain values that are acceptable. For example, in my script, I test whether someone puts in "Yes" or "No", I wouldn't want them putting in any other thing or else it can mess up the script. Maybe a dropdown menu with possible options

Hmmm, good idea, Have to think about it. Maybe a key type "DropDown" with a comma separated list following the type definition.

Thanks for the feedback.
Ciao
toralf

I use the latest AHK version (1.1.15+)
Please ask questions in forum on ahkscript.org. Why?
For online reference please use these Docs.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

Preselected Key (if you want someone to go to a certain key first, or in my case, want to make sure someone realizes they should open the section)

I do not know how this could do be done. Any suggestions? Rajat?

ahk doesn't have any direct way of selecting a treeview item AFAIK, so the only way i can think of is Sending Keys %DefaultSec%{Right}%DefaultKey%

MIA

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
I found a way to select the first key of the first section
TV_Modify(TV_GetChild(TV_GetNext()), "Select")
I also added a DropDown key type. Will update the script in the above post in a few minutes
Ciao
toralf

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
I was wondering if you guys could come up with a better name for the function. "EditSettings" is a bit too simple and I'm not sure if the functionality behind it is clear by its name. What do you think?
Ciao
toralf

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

What do you think?

SetConfig()
Configure()
ConfigEdit()

Regards( :D )
kWo4Lk1.png

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts

SetConfig()
Configure()
ConfigEdit()

Thanks for the suggestions. I want to wait for rajat, before I make a decission.

PS: Just added custom date & time formats for the DateTime key type. And resozed some controls in the GUI. (The script above is NOT yet updated.) Anything else users wish for?
Ciao
toralf

Kerry
  • Members
  • 144 posts

PS: Just added custom date & time formats for the DateTime key type. And resozed some controls in the GUI. (The script above is NOT yet updated.) Anything else users wish for?

Not for me... I'm not currently using the full functionality of the script, but I'm sure I will, but I can't think of any other updates at the moment.

As far as names, I suggest having something with the name INI so that it shows that its editting an INI

ConfigINI
EditINISettings, something that says more specfically :)

-Kerry

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
I updated the code and redesigned my first post.

BTW: I changed the name of the function to "IniSettingsEditor". I hope you bear with me that I didn't start a poll on it.
Ciao
toralf

Kerry
  • Members
  • 144 posts
yeah that's a good name, and not a problem, it's your and Goyyah's thing :).

I was thinking of something that could go along with this, and that is making a function that adds in the extra line of functionality

maybe make a similar IniWrite funciton except adds description and type? I don't know, this could be quite hard. The only reason I ask is because I create my .ini dynamically (on request of the user) and then launch this program

dunno if this is possible, but just an idea :)

-Kerry

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
hey toralf! Just come back from work and checked out your latest offering... Its nothing short of awesome!
I've updated my main post to add a link to your post just next to the d/l link to my script. This way whoever reads just the first post will not miss your script.

I'm sure this script of ours is all set to become THE settings editor for many ahk scripts! ;)

by the way it has occurred to me earlier too but forgot to mention it... How about removing the 'Type : xxxx' from showing in description? ... it looks more part-of-code-thing than descriptive. if needed we can always use the normal description to explain the reqmts of the particular setting.

and yeah... Thanks for all those improvements!

MIA

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
Hi Rajat,

Thanks for the link and the respect.

How about removing the 'Type : xxxx' from showing in description? ... it looks more part-of-code-thing than descriptive. if needed we can always use the normal description to explain the reqmts of the particular setting.

Of cause it is possible, but I think it isn't bad to have it there, it adds some more information to the description. How do other feel about this?

I was thinking of maybe having a key default value similiar to the key type (e.g. ;somekey default: xxxx) And a button on the GUI to reset all values to their defaults. But I guess it not that often used.

I was also thinking of a max/min limit for Integer and Float numbers, but couldn't think of an elegant way to implement that. Maybe also a max length for text. But only if code size is small. I don't want to make the script more complex.
Ciao
toralf

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

I was thinking of maybe having a key default value similiar to the key type (e.g. ;somekey default: xxxx) And a button on the GUI to reset all values to their defaults. But I guess it not that often used.

now that you mention it, I remember I had it on my mind initially to have a 'default' button that resets the currently selected value to its default value (though i hadn't planned for a set-all-to-default button). it should be easily do-able.

I was also thinking of a max/min limit for Integer and Float numbers, but couldn't think of an elegant way to implement that. Maybe also a max length for text. But only if code size is small. I don't want to make the script more complex.

this i think isn't worth the effort. Also for special needs, the host script can always check the updated setting in the .ini and MsgBox that this particular setting isn't correct and should be changed to whatever.

MIA

Kerry
  • Members
  • 144 posts
Hey - another request that would be helpful :)

Making it able to pick up multiple ini's, this might be a big add on, and then it would just go down further in the tree

-Kerry

P.S. I think both of those defaults would be good - you guys rock