Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Lintalist: Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic
dsewq1LYJ
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  • Last active: May 12 2018 05:04 AM

In many cases it is certainly possible to merge scripts and it won't be slower (unless you have some code in the script that slows things down like sleep, or winwait commands for example). The disadvantage is that when there is an update of in this case Lintalist you will have to do it again but you can use something like http://winmerge.org/ to help you out - you can try to do it using #includes that way it would only be a small number of lines that would have to be updated in new versions.

So if you move those two hotkeys to Lintalist line 175-176 the problem is solved?

Yeah ! It works great !

Thank you so much ! :)

list
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Last active: Oct 12 2015 04:35 PM

Update: Lintalist v1.3.1 - https://github.com/l...talist/releases

• New: Configuration setting "AutoExecuteOne" if only one result is left during the search AutoExecute (no need to press enter)
  • New: Right menu Check for updates and install update if possible

RicoPags
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 04:55 AM

I just wanted to post that this is an incredibly useful tool and I'm using it to replace Texter. I've not yet been able to get the Texter bundle import to work, but I haven't dug deep into why not.

Really I just wanted to send a sincere thank you for putting this together and sharing it as you have. I am sure to not be the only one who appreciates it enormously!

list
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Thanks, glad to hear you find it useful.

I've done only some limited testing with the Texter converter as I couldn't find many Texter bundles to test with so I made a few small ones myself, you may need to edit the bundle properties after the text file has been saved a bit. If you can't get it to work I'd appreciate a small test sample so I can see where it goes wrong.

If you don't have AHK installed you can start the converter by dragging and dropping 'extras\BundleConverters\texter.ahk' onto 'lintalist.exe' - as I didn't think you would need these converters often I haven't built them in via Lintalist - perhaps I should.

Suggestions welcome!

dsewq1LYJ
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Thanks, glad to hear you find it useful.

I've done only some limited testing with the Texter converter as I couldn't find many Texter bundles to test with so I made a few small ones myself, you may need to edit the bundle properties after the text file has been saved a bit. If you can't get it to work I'd appreciate a small test sample so I can see where it goes wrong.

If you don't have AHK installed you can start the converter by dragging and dropping 'extras\BundleConverters\texter.ahk' onto 'lintalist.exe' - as I didn't think you would need these converters often I haven't built them in via Lintalist - perhaps I should.

Suggestions welcome!

Hi !

Hope you still there.

I need you help ! I dont know what should I do If a shortcut dont need a "{SPACE}" to trigger?

Follow is your simple script which you write for me:

BundleFormat: 1
Name: PyCharm
Description: Bundle for PyCharm
Author: dsewq1LYJ
TitleMatch: PyCharm,.py
Patterns:
- LLPart1: foobarX
LLPart2:
LLKey:
LLShorthand: xoxo
LLScript:

Is possible make it dont need a {SPACE} to trigger the script ?

Maybe you can add a {None} {Null} Key for TriggerKeys !? ( or only for marked script )

--------------

And another question.

How to stack two script in a bundle ?

Description: Bundle
TitleMatch: jkl
Patterns:
LLPart2:
LLKey:
LLScript: 

BundleFormat: 2
TitleMatch: jkl
Patterns:
- LLPart1: foobarY
LLPart2:
LLKey:
LLShorthand: oxox
LLScript: 

Wont work ! Why .. I am stupid : [

--------------

BTW ... YOU ARE FREAKING AMAZING !

list
  • Members
  • 32 posts

I need you help ! I dont know what should I do If a shortcut dont need a "{SPACE}" to trigger?
Maybe you can add a {None} {Null} Key for TriggerKeys !? ( or only for marked script )

Hello,

I'm afraid that is currently not possible as Lintalist expects / needs a trigger key for the shorthand to work. I don't think I will change it in the foreseeable future.

And another question.
How to stack two script in a bundle ?

Remember you can use Lintalist to add snippets to any bundle - open the search window and press F7 or use the Edit, Add snippet menu - http://lintalist.github.io/#F7 - you can also see it in the introduction video towards the end.

If you want to manually edit the bundle, exit Lintalist first and add a snippet at the end of the bundle:

- LLPart1: 
LLPart2:
LLKey:
LLShorthand: 
LLScript: 

but I wouldn't recommend that, in principle it is best to use the Bundle editor by using F7

When done the bundle will look like this - as you can see there will only be one header and several snippets (-LLPart1 ... to .. LLScript).

TitleMatch: PyCharm
Patterns:
LLPart2:
LLKey:
LLScript: 
- LLPart1: foobarY
LLPart2:
LLKey:
LLShorthand: oxox
LLScript: 
- LLPart1: foobarZ
LLPart2:
LLKey:
LLShorthand: zozo
LLScript: 
- LLPart1: foobarA
LLPart2:
LLKey:
LLShorthand: aoao
LLScript: 
- LLPart1: foobarB
LLPart2:
LLKey:
LLShorthand: bobo
LLScript: 
- LLPart1: foobarC
LLPart2:
LLKey:
LLShorthand: coco
LLScript: 

list
  • Members
  • 32 posts

It is not has hard to implement as I thought, perhaps I'll consider this after all, I would have to give it some further thought. Perhaps adding a special code to shorthand to define exceptions might be a good method (LLshorthand: x0x0[n]). I'll add it to the list.

dsewq1LYJ
  • Members
  • 203 posts

It is not has hard to implement as I thought, perhaps I'll consider this after all, I would have to give it some further thought. Perhaps adding a special code to shorthand to define exceptions might be a good method (LLshorthand: x0x0[n]). I'll add it to the list.

Sorry for late reply !

Yeah ! Please ! That would be so awesome !

And another little suggestion from me.

If a option when user active the "Lintalist" window and just need "OneClick(LButton)" for paste snippet?

I thought that will give the "Keyboard & Mouse" user huge efficiency !

list
  • Members
  • 32 posts

I'm not sure if you have noticed but you can already double click on the listview to paste a snippet. You can configure that happens on double click in the configuration menu - see http://lintalist.git...oubleClickSends

dsewq1LYJ
  • Members
  • 203 posts

I'm not sure if you have noticed but you can already double click on the listview to paste a snippet. You can configure that happens on double click in the configuration menu - see http://lintalist.git...oubleClickSends

Pardon me.

I mean "SingleClick" on lintalist to trigger(paste) the target snippet

list
  • Members
  • 32 posts

All right, added to the to-do list.  ;)

list
  • Members
  • 32 posts

You can use the tray menu, check for updates, to upgrade, or download it manually via https://github.com/l...talist/releases
Changelog v1.4

• New: Extended Clipboard & Selected plugins (upper, lower, sentence, title, wrap*)
  • New: Calc plugin - Evaluate arithmetic expressions (using Laszlo's Eval/Monster)
  • New: Plugins & Tools menu in Bundle Editor including dynamic submenus for clipboard,
    selected, counter & local variables plugins
  • New: Setting for Single click in listview to act as double click
  • New: Command line parameters -Bundle: load specific bundle and lock
  • Fix: Minor bug which would allow last snippet to be pasted again if enter was given
    on an empty results list
  • Fix: Up & Down arrow navigation should now work in the Bundle menu (Search GUI)
    this includes sending additional hidden keystrokes to the search control, do
    report errors if you experience any.
  • Fix: Error on Gui, Show in lintalist.ahk for AHK v1.1.20+

The wrap is a nice option, example this

<ul>
[[selected=wrap|<li>|</li>]]
</ul>

turns this selected text:

line1
line2
line3

into:

<ul>
<li>line1</li>
<li>line2</li>
<li>line3</li>
</ul>

RicoPags
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 04:55 AM

Dug into this a lot more and very excited about all that it can do. I have a question about how you think the following may best be achievable:

I'm using this in a phone/chat suport capacity. I essentially would like to combine Lintalist and Notepad++ to more or less make a middleware of sorts between my brain and our shite ticketing system.

At the outset of a support interaction, I necessarily gain some key pieces of information: name, account ID [7 digits = one type 4-5 another], domain name, session ID

My goal is to be able to capture these and work with them later, but I'm not quite sure how to achieve this. On a call, we'd be gaining these items via voice and so I was going to try to use the lintailst [[Input=Text]] for that and on a chat, where the chat initiation includes the following:

Session ID: 111111111 
Portal: don't care 
Language: don't care
Customer: First Last [sometimes first middle last]
Question: UserDesriptionOfIssue
Representative's Start Time: don't care
Browser: don't care
Company: companyname
Account ID: 1111111 (7 digits = accounttype1, 3-5 = accounttype2
Representative: myname

My question is, how to go about storing this information for later retrieval. I first looked to local variables within lintalist but I'm not sure how to modify those via scripting call.... so my next thought was to do JSON in a flat file with value names like case1customername case1accountid case1email and then case2customername etc.

I hope I'm making some sense. Cannot reiterate enough how excited I am to eliminate so much cruftwork.

As to that, I'd be happy to support your efforts in any way possible. I've never actually contributed code to a project before in my life but I feel like this might be my first :D 

In terms of feature requests, how hard would it be to have a 'prefer JSON' option to change the format of the bundles to JSON?

list
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Glad you like it. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "work with them later?" Should all the pieces of information become or remain available in Lintalist OR should the end result

Session ID: 111111111 

Portal: don't care 
Language: don't care
Customer: First Last [sometimes first middle last]
Question: UserDesriptionOfIssue
Representative's Start Time: don't care
Browser: don't care
Company: companyname
Account ID: 1111111 (7 digits = accounttype1, 3-5 = accounttype2
Representative: myname

be accessible at a later point in time?

I don't see how individual questions can be store and retrieved easily in a support environment (e.g. talking to someone on the phone and jotting down data). The combined information would be possible as you could create a Gui that asks these questions on one screen, save that info to a file and you can then retrieve that file at any time either in Lintalist of simply a text editor.

To avoid a long post I've prepared an example bundle with two snippets, one where you will be presented with a (quick & dirty) Gui where you can enter various data, that data will be saved to a text file. The second snippet reads back the text file.

https://gist.github....7d01be459dc69a0

Download the bundle (click the RAW button), save it as support.txt and close Lintalist, copy support.txt to your bundles\ folder and restart Lintalist. Select "support" from the menu and you should have two snippets available when you activate the search window. 

Pressing winkey-f12 will show you the Gui - you can alter the gui (add/remove questions by adding remove lines in the template variable at the top. Rules:

lines starting with _ indicate multiline edits otherwise single line

if you want to use a local variable use |[[var=localvariablename]] *
a file "latestcall.txt" will be created in tmpscrpts\
if you want to change it you can do so at the FileAppend line near the end

* so your name in this case will be automatically filled in already but you can still change it

The second snippet uses the File plugin to read the file latestcall.txt so you can paste it somewhere else in its entirety.

list
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Re: JSON. It is not something I'm considering at the moment, the reason for the simple text format is, is that it makes it extremely easy to quickly generate ad-hoc bundles which I do quite often via simple search/replace commands in my text editor based on the data I have at hand and only need a short while, and if you don't like to use the bundle editor to edit your snippets you can simply do so in any text editor without having to worry about format, it is easy to read and maintain. 

All other formats, xml, json, database are more complicated to maintain/edit directly. It would open up a whole slew of possibilities (for the abbreviations, keeping track of usage, ranking etc) but for the time being I prefer simplicity over more options.

Also allowing the user to create forms such as shown above + allowing the present the user the entire snippet with flexible entry points for all the data in a similar gui before pasting is done is in the back of my mind...