Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Key Remap issue. Looking 4 advice.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
Homeskool
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Last active: May 08 2015 06:39 PM

Hey everyone.

I spent a decent amount of time on a computer at work and I have a touch of repetitive strain issues in my mouse hand.

I've re-mapped the left control and windows button to be my left and right click.  I can mash those keys with my left hand and don't have to continue to stress out my mouse clicking finger. Works well.

Issue is after a short time crazy things start to happen. Trying to select text to copy and paste. When I click in the field it automatically selects one word then jumps to the entire field being selected. Just really weird things I can't predict. As soon as I disable the keymap macro it all works fine. Is there an issue when you remap the control buttons?  Here is my script.

LCtrl::LButton

LWin::RButton

Homeskool
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Update:

I noticed when using my mouse scroll wheel on a webpage it was zooming in and out rather than scrolling.

This usually only happens while your also holding control down.

Somehow by using the control as a replacement left click it somehow changes something so the computer thinks control is being held down constantly.

To stop this from happening I press control shift on the unmapped right side of the keyboard. It will solve the issue for a few minutes until it happens again.

Still looking for a solution or a different way to re-map the keys.

Thanks

Homeskool
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Well I've confirmed it.

The weird things happen because the computer thinks the control key is being held down.

Re-mapping the left control to the left mouse click after awhile fools the computer into thinking control is constantly being pushed.

Any advice on how I can fix this?  The left control works great for me as the mouse button.