Autohotkey will now have a strict "no pranks or purposefully annoying or other harmful stuff allowed" policy.
These may (but not limited to) include:
- fake bsod
- disabling mouse or keyboard
- making files in every folder on the pc
- deleting certain files with the intent to destroy a pc or annoy a user.
- turning up the volume to 100% and playing a loud/obnoxious/rude/annoying sound
- doing anything to destroy a pc or annoy a user on purpose.
Why a new zero-tolerance rule?
Not everyone is PC-literate. If their mouse breaks or the pc starts randomly jamming or sending other keys, they might go out and buy a new keyboard. Or even worse, a new monitor or PC all-together! That's making people waste hard-earned money.
That is just 1 example, it applies to any situation where a user might not like what is happening to them.
Also, anti-virus and anti-maleware products do not like AHK because of a lot of stuff users make, like 'pranks'. So AHK gets flagged as being malicious, which affects a LOT of people (usually people trying to bring AHK to work).
If you post anything malicious, you'll get a warning and it'll be removed.
Based on the severity of it you might even be banned, if you're a repeat offender or it's bad enough.
This topic will be open for discussion, unless it gets out of hand. Keep it on-topic and clean, please.