Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

need to move on!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
17kimv old
  • Members
  • 151 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2018 02:56 AM

So I have been scrpting in AHK for a wile, so I desided to get in mere serious programing!

(BTW my English is not good so don't be mad at me please)

So does anybody know any other programing languages like java or a C++ that I should start with?

If you do please tell me how hard it is to program there!

Also please don't send me anouther scripting language, I need to make actual programs! Thank you for your attention!

Masonjar13
  • Members
  • 1517 posts
  • Last active:

Wrong sub-forum.

Depends what you plan to be working with and what type of paradigm you prefer. Java is OOP, while C++ may be OOP, procedural, or both.  For OOP, the easiest starting languages are Ruby and Java. For procedural, stick with C++. If you plan to be making games, you'll want to look into C#, which is also OOP. If you plan to do low-level coding for interacting directly with devices, look into Assembly.

Do not disregard scripting languages as improper programming, though. AutoHotkey is very efficient and can absolutely make legitimate programs. If you didn't know, AHK is built in C++, which is how it supports both procedural and OOP. Many professional programs are written in Python as well, being simple and cross-platform. Python is probably most commonly used with open source projects aimed at being cross-platform, as it's easy to read the code, thus less time is spent on people trying to figure it out and more time is pushed into production.

And, whatever you do, do NOT use VB (Visual Basic). It's a joke of a language. 

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate / Windows 8.1 Pro | Editor: Notepad++

salledallirr6027
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jul 21 2015 05:26 AM
My suggestion is to learn Jave or .NET as it is comaparetively simpler to start with and also more scope. According to me Java is Easy to write and more readable and has a concise, cohesive set of features that makes it easy to learn and use. The concepts are similar to C++, so you can also learn C++ easily after that.

Edited by joedf, 28 June 2015 - 07:40 PM.
spam link removed?

nnnik
  • Members
  • 1625 posts
  • Last active: Apr 11 2017 02:13 PM

I'd suggest a completely different direction.

If you learn Assembly any other language will become easier to understand.

You don't need to go in depth there but even some basics will help you learning C++ or alike.

Visit the new forum ahkscript.org.

http://ahkscript.org

Necroforger
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Jun 09 2018 02:54 AM

Wrong sub-forum.

Depends what you plan to be working with and what type of paradigm you prefer. Java is OOP, while C++ may be OOP, procedural, or both.  For OOP, the easiest starting languages are Ruby and Java. For procedural, stick with C++. If you plan to be making games, you'll want to look into C#, which is also OOP. If you plan to do low-level coding for interacting directly with devices, look into Assembly.

Do not disregard scripting languages as improper programming, though. AutoHotkey is very efficient and can absolutely make legitimate programs. If you didn't know, AHK is built in C++, which is how it supports both procedural and OOP. Many professional programs are written in Python as well, being simple and cross-platform. Python is probably most commonly used with open source projects aimed at being cross-platform, as it's easy to read the code, thus less time is spent on people trying to figure it out and more time is pushed into production.

And, whatever you do, do NOT use VB (Visual Basic). It's a joke of a language. 

Visual Basic is more of a learning language to get people into programming, They teach it in many high schools and slowly move on to things like java and c++.