Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Pre-1.0.24 Changes

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The following change has been applied to the installer at http://www.autohotkey.com/download/ :

Fixed the Limit option for Edit controls, which was broken by v1.0.23. [thanks ranomore]

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The following changes have been applied to the installer at http://www.autohotkey.com/download/ :

Added support for Unicode text on the clipboard and in variables. See Transform Unicode for details. [thanks Tekl]

Added the ability to Sort a variable's contents in random order. [thanks GBeam]

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Sorry to bug you but the tabs don't take up the WinXp theme. Rajats SGUI tabs supports WinXp's look (in the design view) so I suppose it can be done.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

tabs don't take up the WinXp theme

That's intentional. The problem with themed tab controls is that they have a "fading gradient" background, at least under the XP/Luna theme. This backbround requires either that the tab's sub-controls be children of a separate window inside the tab, or that other difficult measures be taken. Otherwise, the backgrounds of the controls do not exactly match the background of the tab and it doesn't look right.

Of course, you could argue that having an unthemed tab control alongside a bunch of themed other controls doesn't look right either. If anyone feels this way, please post here.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM

Rajats SGUI tabs supports WinXp's look (in the design view) so I suppose it can be done.

actually i've compiled it on 1.22... 1.23 was out but i didn't have the time then to do even the basic testing after recompiling again. sorry. but except for the tab look, i suppose it shouldn't affect anything.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
Hmm, the 'AutoHotkey' text is appearing under my compiled scripts like before (which was removed for a while). Not to be mean but when I make scripts with AutoHotkey I wouldn't like to advertise anything else. If it's possible could it be removed?

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I've updated the installer to fix that; the version resource is now blank as intended. Thanks for catching it.

http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

Mayhem
  • Members
  • 104 posts
  • Last active: Oct 18 2005 08:52 PM
Is it possible to add a "No Decompile" option to the compiler? (I thought it had one before, but i could be mistaken)

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
If you want to prevent anyone from decompiling your script, including yourself, specify a long random password when compiling.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The following changes have been applied to the installer at http://www.autohotkey.com/download/ :

Improved ControlClick to optionally click at a set of coordinates rather than a specific control.

Added sub-commands "Drive Lock" and "Drive Unlock". Locking a drive prevents its eject feature from working. [thanks RG]

If you have a few minutes to spare and you happen to have an IDE CD or DVD writer on Windows 9x (I've already tested XP), please test the following with it and let me know if the drive is actually locked:
Drive, Lock, D:   ; <<< Change this drive letter to suit your system.
if ErrorLevel = 1
{
     MsgBox There was a problem.
     return
}
MsgBox The drive is now locked.  Please attempt to eject it.
Drive, Unlock, D:   ; <<< Change this drive letter to suit your system.
MsgBox The drive is now unlocked.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
I have tried that drive lock script and it doesn't work for me. I have WinXP SP2 ...

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Your drive probably has to support writing; otherwise it probably lacks this feature. Is this the case?

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
No I can eject my drive with ahk...

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
I tested the Script on my laptop (2000 with SP4) which has a DVD+RW burner in it, but assumed with the way most laptop cd/dvd drives are that it would eject without a problem, which it did. So I also tested it on a desktop computer (2000 with SP4) that has a IDE CD Burner in it, and it also ejected without a problem.

thanks,
beardboy

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

No I can eject my drive with ahk...

But is your drive a burner?

So I also tested it on a desktop computer (2000 with SP4) that has a IDE CD Burner in it, and it also ejected without a problem.

So you're saying you were able to manually eject the tray when the drive was supposedly locked? Did you change the drive letter from D to the correct letter for your system? (sorry I forgot to mention that originally) Did it say "there was a problem" (i.e. ErrorLevel 1)?

If it's still non-functional, can you try these:
- perhaps you have to have a disc in it for it to be locked
- perhaps it even requires a blank disc

The above script works on my CDRW on XP even without a disc in the drive.

Finally, does anyone have an IDE burner on Windows 9x? It would be good to get it tested on there because Windows 9x requires completely different code to lock the drive.

Thanks.