Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Is there a file hosting service with a static download link??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
za3root
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2015 09:11 PM

Hi all,

Is there a file hosting service with a static download link?? I am not sure if "static link" is the right term to use but I'll try to explain. Take RapidShare as an example. When you upload a file, the uploaded file has a unique download link. When you upload another file it will have another unique download link different from the first one. The website I want should have the same download link while every user has a unique link where a user can only upload 1 file. But the user can delete the file on the cloud and upload another one while still having the same download link. Does such a website exist??

Sorry if this looks complicated and hard to understand.

Thanks in advance :D

joedf
  • Administrators
  • 986 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: Nov 02 2019 08:38 PM
Dropbox?
Google drive?
Ge.tt ?
Why ahkscript.org? - autohotkey.com is outdated

za3root
  • Members
  • 97 posts

@vincejja,

is there a way to do it without signing in??

joedf
  • Administrators
  • 986 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: Nov 02 2019 08:38 PM
Get a free server?
2freehosting.com ?
Why ahkscript.org? - autohotkey.com is outdated

za3root
  • Members
  • 97 posts

@joedf,

Thanks for the help. I already found the website that I need(Shrib.com). FlyingDman and I found 2 different ways to upload to Shrib here. But I'll try 2freehosting.com sometime.

fischgeek
  • Moderators
  • 1074 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2015 06:27 PM

Been using dropbox for this same reason for over 3 years. Take this link for example (uploaded over 1 year ago) and still have the same unique download link: https://dl.dropboxus...eetle_joker.jpg

ErrorOnLine1
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • Last active: Oct 05 2015 02:46 PM
DropBox updates too often for my taste. It seems every time I upload a small txt file, DropBox is updating its application. A 10 second upload turns into a 10 or 15 minute download.

A few updates ago, my firewall notified me DropBox was trying to act as a server. After the most recent update, DropBox UpDater settled its adorable little self into my Run At Start Up Folder - oddly enough, without my permission.

That was the last straw for me. I'm planning DropBox's demise as we speak.

Of course, I realize a snapshot of my system will always remain on a DropBox Server, just by chance any alphabet-soup organization, an interested 3rd party with an ax to grind, the NSA, CIA, FBI, IRS, or Google wants to see it.