Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

AutoHotkey installer does nothing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
Vancer2
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2015 01:17 AM

I got the AutoHotkey installer Version 1.1.21.00 and I start it up to install and I have two options. Express installation and Custom installation. When I click either of these Nothing happens. Even clicking on the "Read License" does nothing as well as "extract to.." I've tried disabling my AV and unblocking the file, running as admin. Nothing works. Can anyone provide help on this matter?

space
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Last active:
You could download everything manually here: http://ahkscript.org/download/helpfile, compiler and zipped autohotkey.exe in various flavours, once unzipped you only need to associated .ahk with autohotkey.exe and apart from the window spy you're all set. What version of Windows are you using and what version of IE do you have installed? If you need the window spy you can compile it yourself, here is the ahk code https://github.com/f...eWindowInfo.ahk Just rename it AU3_Spy.exe and place it in the same folder as autohotkey.exe

Vancer2
  • Members
  • 3 posts

My version of windows is 7 64 bit and Im using Firefox. I cant use the SciTE4AutoHotkey either because I cant install AUTOHotkey in the first place.

SciTE4AutoHotkey

space
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Last active:
The installer uses IE, so if IE is blocked somehow the installer won't work properly - I suggest you follow the above route and install each component (exe, help, compiler, win spy) manually. It is just unzipping a few files.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

I don't know why that would happen, but you can get around it by passing command line arguments to the installer instead of using the GUI.

SciTE4AutoHotkey doesn't require AutoHotkey to be installed.  However, I think it's installer is based on the AutoHotkey installer so might have the same problem.

Vancer2
  • Members
  • 3 posts

I will try these and let you know if they work

cjsmile999
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • Last active: Nov 18 2016 05:24 AM

Chiming in...I had the same issue (installer wouldn't run, just sat there and did nothing).

Using command line to install worked :).

Thank you!