Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Slow activation of Outlook

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
TwystNeko
  • Guests
  • Last active:
As the title says, I'm suffering from slow activation of Outlook 2003. Basically, I'm trying to launch a new email, and fill it out. All that works, but the initial activation is slow. Painfully so. It's very, very strange. If I alt-tab to it, and press CTRL-N, it's instant. Any ideas?

silveredge78
  • Members
  • 499 posts
  • Last active: Mar 14 2014 03:19 AM
Not really sure what your situation is, or where you are trying to open an email from. But try this code out for size...

#IfWinNotActive, Microsoft Outlook	; If Outlook is NOT active
^+a::run, outlook.exe /c ipm.appointment	;;Creates an Appointment
^+c::run, outlook.exe /c ipm.contact		;;Creates a Contact
^+m::run, outlook.exe /c ipm.note		;;Creates an Email

#IfWinNotActive				; Resets it back to any NOT active window
Hitting Ctrl+Shift+m will create an email from anywhere. :) To clarify, this script allows it for anywhere but Outlook, but this same key command inside of Outlook does the same thing naturally. :)
SilverEdge78

jsturtridge
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Dec 15 2010 07:58 PM
I know this is an old post - but I was just trying this code out and it doesn't seem to work properly.

#IfWinNotActive, Microsoft Outlook ; If Outlook is NOT active
^+v::Msgbox Not in Outlook!!
#IfWinNotActive            ; Resets it back to any NOT active window 

The above code should only display the message box on pressing Ctrl-Shift-V when it's NOT in Outlook right (or more precisely, when the window title text doesn't have "Microsoft Outlook" in it) - but it ALWAYS comes up on my PC regardless of whether I'm in Outlook or not - am I doing missing something here ... ??

Thanks - Jonathan.

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
SetTitleMatchMode ?

jsturtridge
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Dec 15 2010 07:58 PM
Sorted thanks - it was a problem elsewhere in the script - not sure what exactly - but it was preventing the code snippet that I put in from working ...