Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

UltraEdit "Extra" File Association Is Broken

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
Mulsiphix
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Last active: Aug 31 2015 02:02 AM

I just found "Run this to install syntax highlighting for UltraEdit.ahk" in the Extras folder in my AHK program directory. When you run it it asks you if you would like to set UltraEdit as the default editor for ahk files. If you select Yes it edits the registry to point to UltraEdit when using the "Edit Script" context menu entry. However, it currently is broken.

context.png

Attempting to use Edit Script pops up this error window:

error.png

Opening RegEdit I can see there is a double backslash that is the source of the error.

regedit.png

If I edit this entry so there is only one backslash separating UltraEdit and uedit32.exe then the Edit Script context menu entry works normally. I'm not sure how AHK is developed or if anybody even cares about this little hiccup, but I wanted to post this for other UltraEdit users out there. If it gets fixed in the future, even better!

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

That file is not included with the current installer; only with the >5 year old version 1.0.48.05.

Also, I don't see why you got that error.  If I use the following, it works just fine for me (with Notepad):

C:\\Windows\\\notepad.exe "%l"

In past experiments, consecutive slashes never caused any problems on my system except with file dialogs, which do additional (unnecessary and inaccurate) validation.

Mulsiphix
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Last active: Aug 31 2015 02:02 AM

That file is not included with the current installer; only with the >5 year old version 1.0.48.05.

In past experiments, consecutive slashes never caused any problems on my system except with file dialogs, which do additional (unnecessary and inaccurate) validation.

I had no idea it wasn't included anymore. My apologize for posting on something so old. As to why it works for you and not for me, I have no clue. I'm running WIndows 7 HP 32bit.