Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

IntelliSense III

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic
JimFox
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi Rajat!

I just tried your script and like the functionality very much - especially that this intellisense-feature works independently from the editor in use.

There is only one issue I noticed: When the tooltip is shown and you change to another window, the tooltip still remains on screen.
Perhaps it is possible to disable the tooltip, while the editor-window is inactive, and reload it on activating the editor again?
As I am quite new to AHK I can't estimate whether this would be hard to implement or not (especially with empty ETitle)... I just started to explore the potential of this great software :D

Bye, JimFox

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
being away from my pc, i can't make the change right now... but sometime i will. or ask any of the nice ppl at this forum, as probably just a small change to the script.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

• Guests
  • Last active:
I don't seem to have the sytax file:
%ahkpath%\Extras\Editors\TextPad\AHKcommands.txt

Does ot come with th ahk?

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
  • Last active: Aug 20 2014 04:23 PM
It doesn't seam to come with AHK any more. You may try
\Extras\Editors\Syntax\Commands.txt
instead
Ciao
toralf

I use the latest AHK version (1.1.15+)
Please ask questions in forum on ahkscript.org. Why?
For online reference please use these Docs.

• Guests
  • Last active:

My earlier IntelliSense script tracked a command while it was typed and offered to type a match for u. But using it I realised that it doesn't help much if somebody types 'MsgBox [, Options, Title, Text, Timeout]' for you because u'll still have to select and edit/remove all the params (though it helped in case u didn't know the command name exactly, as it matched command name as you typed). So i've coded this new IntelliSense script that does what other 'Intellisense-Included' code editors do.... it just shows the complete syntax applicable to the command you've just typed.

It may seem weird, but I like
MsgBox [, Options, Title, Text, Timeout]
format.

If you just get the "base command" like
MsgBox
than you can forget what options to add.

I don't mind a tooltip floating around with that extra information about options, but the tooltip should hang around for a long period of time so that you can type the command and all of its options.

PBRS
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi
I've just discovered AutoHotkeys - and love it.

I couldn't get "InelliSense II" to work - but this may be because I'm using a Portable version of ahk.

However - I want to combine:
Ahkstudio 3
IntelliSense
Context Sensitive Help in Any Editor

I managed to put the last two togerther (by pasting one below the other) - but I can't combine them with the studio (it just stops working).

I also tried making Studio3 automatically open the other combined script (which works) - but I can't get them to close together (winexists doesn't recongnise it - I think it is because it doesn't have a window - and it doesn't have a PID).

Can anyone either:

Cobine the three scripts together
Or
Make them open/close together?

Thanks

PBRSmith

PBRS
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi
I manged to get this to work - I have no doubt that it is crude - but here's how I did it:

When the HELP script opens - I added the lines:

Process, Exist
PID := errorlevel
Clipboard = %PID%

This copies the current ID for the script to the clipboard

The editor opens next - with the added line at the start:

Closer = %Clipboard% ;So if clipboard changes we still have correct PID

and then this line at the end (in the Exitsub):

Process, Close, %Closer%

Works a treat! :D

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Edit:Redundant

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
IntelliSense III posted, main post updated. Plz let me know how does this fare as compared to earlier versions.

MIA

Friend
  • Guests
  • Last active:
please change the post subject : IntelliSense III
i wanted to post this earlier when it was : InelliSense II
it affects search with "Search message title only" option.
tks

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
:oops: Thanks!! :)

MIA

Kerry
  • Members
  • 144 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2006 07:33 PM
I have the problem of it not finding the folder when it's compiled, but when it's not compiled it works fine, do you know how I can fix this? Is it because it doesn't recognize %ahk_dir% as an exe?

-Kerry

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

I have the problem of it not finding the folder when it's compiled, but when it's not compiled it works fine, do you know how I can fix this? Is it because it doesn't recognize %ahk_dir% as an exe?

actually i made the paths based on the ahk exe location... for a compiled file it becomes the script dir, and it doesn't find the syntax files there... i can modify the script to make it do some guesses if the script is compiled... do u think it'll really add value? i thought it'll only be used uncompiled.

MIA

Kerry
  • Members
  • 144 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2006 07:33 PM
I haven't tested this and maybe it would work, but I have a "Startup Script" that starts up all the programs and websites I use on a regular basis... and I'd like IntelliSense to be one of them, if I say Run IntelliSense.ahk, will it run? I compiled it because I didn't think it would recognize it unless it was a website

-Kerry

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

I haven't tested this and maybe it would work, but I have a "Startup Script" that starts up all the programs and websites I use on a regular basis... and I'd like IntelliSense to be one of them, if I say Run IntelliSense.ahk, will it run? I compiled it because I didn't think it would recognize it unless it was a website

yeah it'd run fine if ahk's installed on your system. don't worry.

MIA