@joedf or any other forum admin:
Can you implement this to get rid of the big amount of spams?
Post limits for new users & guests
- 2-3 new topics / day in the first 14 days*
- 2-5 new replies / hour in the first 14 days*
- not able to post in "General Forum" for the first 14 days*
*(2 weeks or 1 month)Today's Top 20 Posters
- nonikapari963 ==> 205 new topics / posts
- aghoreguru7773 ==> 124 new topics / posts
- astrologersk ==> 112 new topics / posts
- ...and so on
I second this. I check the ask for help section in the morning(Eastern time) and there is usually 3-4 pages of spam. I have started to just ignore the forums until 10-11 am once the mods wake up and start culling the spam.
Or even if you post 5+ topics in a 5 minute period then the following happens:
Flagged so a mod can easily see whether you posted legit topics or not.
No longer allowed to post new topics for x amount of time.
If you get flagged multiple times in a day then you get banned until a mod says otherwise.
Who really posts more then 5 topics in that short of time? Only spammers and very young gamers who have no patience(that'll teach them! ).