Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

AutoHotKey not working in Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
flyflipper
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2015 09:58 PM

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to figure this out for way too long now and I've finally caved...

So, FireFox is my main browser but I've recently had to download Chrome for work. The problem is Chrome simply does not work with most of my scripts. I use AHK in quite a few other programs including FireFox and it all works beautifully. I use AHK for pretty simple stuff - below are a few examples including which kinds of scripts do/dont work.

I have tried the AutoScriptWriter and even downloaded AutoIt v3 to use their AU3Recorder to record a macro with Chrome but neither of these will record mouse clicks or key presses inside of Chrome. Outside of Chrome, both AutoScriptWriter and AU3Recorder work perfectly. I have also unistalled and reinstalled Chrome to the latest update with their recommended settings to no avail. I want to say there's some magical setting somewhere that's not letting outside programs interact with Chrome but I just simply don't know.

Thank you all in advance for your help!!! I have no idea what other information I should include in this but just ask and I'll reply as quickly as possible.

Works...

#n::Run Notepad

!d::Run C:\Users\Owner\Downloads

Does not work...

~CapsLock & d:: Send, sample text
    Return

~Space & Left::
    Send, !{Left}
    Return

~BS & ~=:: Send, ^a{delete}

flyflipper
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2015 09:58 PM

Got it!

A guy in the chat helped me out.. Super easy fix..

Just run the individual ahk file as administrator. I had played with this earlier by changing my user account to have administrator rights but that didn't do anything. And, Start Menu 8 gave a me a not responding error when I tried to run the file as admin through the start menu - I ended up finding the ahk file through the File Explorer.

Anyways, thanks everyone!

SOTE
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Last active: Jul 06 2015 12:35 PM

Got it!

A guy in the chat helped me out.. Super easy fix..

Just run the individual ahk file as administrator. I had played with this earlier by changing my user account to have administrator rights but that didn't do anything. And, Start Menu 8 gave a me a not responding error when I tried to run the file as admin through the start menu - I ended up finding the ahk file through the File Explorer.

Anyways, thanks everyone!

If the person running the script has administrator rights, he can add this into the script.  So you don't need to run it as administrator, but just run the script.  The command is as below.  It will restart the script as admin.

If not A_IsAdmin
{
   Run *RunAs "%A_ScriptFullPath%"
   ExitApp
}