Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic
ScottEdge
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Last active: May 16 2007 02:54 PM
After upgrading to IE7 and the latest AutoHotkey I recieve the following error when trying to run my script.

The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL

After some research via google I found a similar problem people were having with a thing called smartbridge.

Originally Posted by stuinn
# SmartBridge -- SmartBridge is distributing an old version of PSAPI.DLL. As a result, users may receive the following error message after installation of Internet Explore 7 Beta 2:

SmartBridge Alerts:SprintDSLAlert.exe-Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL
My error shows sprint, some show verison, just depends who you use.

To work around this error:

1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Sprint...\Smart...)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

So I renamed the PSAPI.DLL in autohotkey folder restarted and it works.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The psapi.dll file is required for the Process command to work on Windows NT4. In addition, AutoHotkey appears to be distributing the very latest version of the file, which is 4.0.1371.1 according to this MSDN link.

One solution (perhaps the only one other than the manual workaround you mentioned) is to have the installer omit the psapi.dll file when the operating system is anything other than NT4. However, that would break existing scripts on dual-boot NT4 systems (probably rare nowadays) or any configuration that accesses AutoHotkey.exe over the network from an NT4 machine.

If anyone else has this issue, please post here. If it's common, of course something should be done about it.

Thanks for the report.

ScottEdge
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Last active: May 16 2007 02:54 PM
looks like Microsoft updated the PSAPI file with IE 7 the version on my computer is

I'm running Windows XP the error was coming up when i would try to

run, mailto:

or try to run IE7 via a script.
Looks like someone already had this problem as well.

<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...topic12529.html<!-- m -->

if you search PSAPI and IE7 via google you see its a problem with a lot of programs out there. Just thought I would bring it up. Thanks for all your hard work Chris. Appreciate all you've done with AHK its helped a great deal at automating tasks at work saving me hours of work a week.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

looks like Microsoft updated the PSAPI file with IE 7 the version on my computer is 5.1.2600.2180

Yes, but that is the XP version (assuming you're using XP). Even if it worked with all other versions of Windows, I'm pretty sure that it's not allowed to distribute that version (but I'll try to find out).

Thanks for the other details you gave.

Edit: This issue has been fixed in v1.0.46 by removing the psapi.dll file except on Windows NT4.

masss23
  • Guests
  • Last active:
i need some advice on how to get rid of my problem if you have any please dont hesitate to help! thanx

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
If you have a psapi.dll file in your AutoHotkey folder, delete it.

Barnes
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jan 13 2007 03:46 PM
I have the same error messsage but not sure where to go look for the correct file to delete, help please?

How do I find that autohotkey file?

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The AutoHotkey folder is typically at C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey

If it's not there, you'll have to search for it or look up its path in the registry. Once you find it, you can delete the file "psapi.dll".

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM
Another method of finding your AHK directory would be to navigate in your start menu to: Start->Programs->AutoHotkey then right-click on the AutoHotkey shortcut and select Properties. Once the Properties window is displayed, click the button that says Find Target...

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Or run this script:
MsgBox %A_AhkPath%
:-)
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM

Or run this script:

Good point :) . And if you want to browse to the directory...
Loop, %A_AhkPath%

Run, explorer %A_LoopFileDir%

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
As yet another alternative, you can install the latest version of AutoHotkey because it should discover and use the directory you previously installed it (this also deletes psapi.dll for you).

Degwees
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I added the psapi.dll which i downloaded from MS's homepage and copied it to winnt/system

After that downloaded the autohotkey

there is no psapi.dll in program files/autohotkey

and i still cant start atitool...

stefan - Ro
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.
keeps showing up ...and I have some problems when trying to use my network ...
the error shows up at first at yahooMessenger .. but now it appears in my startup from explorer.exe

I don't know what to do ... I searched my entire computer for a psapi.dll file .. and the only one I have is in windows\sistem 32\

I tryed to replace it but it's allways beeing used and can't be ranamed or delete it

now sometimes if I try to open my Network Propierties Pannel it gives me a blue Screen Panel
I need help .... dose anyone know a solution?

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
older versions of AHK came with psapi.dll It is needed for the Process command on older version of windows. What version do you have?