Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic
katypet2000
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I had the same issue as Scottedge...after upgrading my IE7, i came up with the same error message:

The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.

Just wanted to write a post regarding this issue.

• Guests
  • Last active:

...i came up with the same error message...

...you get that message from what?...AutoHotkey?...when running any script?...or when?...I'd have to re-read this thread, but I think the solution was to rename (or delete, but be careful) the psapi.dll file in the AutoHotkey install folder (default C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey) to something else, for example psapi.dll.disabled...for some reason this file was included in old versions of AutoHotkey, but possibly isn't needed any more...I dunno, I think that's what I read somewhere...but hey, if you rename it & it fixes the problem, great, if not, rename back...no harm done...just re-read, the solution is delete...so what's the issue?...

I had the same issue as Scottedge...

...wait had...so you fixed it?...or you really mean have...so you still need a solution?

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
psapi.dll is used for the progress command on pre-XP (and pre-2000, i think) OSs.

Sriram
  • Guests
  • Last active:
the file was found in system 32 subfolder under windows folder in C and not in program files as was the typical case mentioned by Chris...

i use Windows XP

well

i tried to delete this file...windows returned a message saying cannot delete file and ACCESS denied????

and aslo asked me to chk wether drive was full or not and also wether it is write protected...

and further it asked me to make sure the file is not currently in use...

ps:

which is the one which is being referred to by the sys here....

and i do not have a cd or dvd drive rt now..as it is under service...
ny solutons ppl ???

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:
I am not able to address your problem, but

the file was found in system 32 subfolder under windows folder in C and not in program files as was the typical case mentioned by Chris...

i tried to delete this file...windows returned a message saying cannot delete file and ACCESS denied????

Oh my! :shock: Do not attempt to delete any DLL file from System32 again.

:)

sharathh
  • Guests
  • Last active:
i found PSAPI.dll in system32 and in my antivirus directory wen i seached my c:.. and i deleted one of the file present in antivirus folder ! restarted ! but ntng happen same erroer msg!

note : ntng like file or folder like autohotkey in my pc ,, im using WIN XP!!!!! Heplp me out pls

Precious
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I have WinXP and I too have the GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL. upon start up. It did not appear to affect anything until a month later, now some web pages log off without prompt.

Kontractor
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I too get the smartbridge error message everytime I start my computer, a Dell running Win XP. I click OK on the error message, and everything seems to run fine. A search of my drives brought zero matches to Autohotkey. I searched for psapi.dll and got 10 matches. 2 in I386, 2 in system 32, 4 in program files and 2 in service packs. My trouble started about the time I went from dial up to DSL.

Any help?

• Guests
  • Last active:
glad i'm not the only one with this problem, i cant find AHK anywhere , someone please help !

kado
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I too get the smartbridge error message everytime I start my computer, a Dell running Win XP. I click OK on the error message, and everything seems to run fine. A search of my drives brought zero matches to Autohotkey. I searched for psapi.dll and got 10 matches. 2 in I386, 2 in system 32, 4 in program files and 2 in service packs. My trouble started about the time I went from dial up to DSL.

Any help?

I use sbc, and I found the smartbridge folder by going to program files, SBCLightSpeed Self Support Tool, Smartbridge File Folder. Inside the Smartbridge folder, you'll find PSAPI.DLL Rename it as mentioned in a previous post, then reboot. You can also find smartbridge by doing a search.
Hope this helps.

• Guests
  • Last active:
yipeee !

thanks for your help , it worked.

I have another problem, when I open an e mail attachment I click on download file, the machine says Done but shows a blank screen ?

• Guests
  • Last active:
Thanks. My issue is solved :)

namvet68
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I found the easiest and fastest way to fix this error is: on MS's website
Redownload IE7.With out ubinstalling it.Before the DL starts you. Itwill sscan your installed version of IE7 and download and install.After the reboot no more error inside of IE. Have never had this error on system boot but this method does work inside of IE7.
An easy- no hassle fix

• Guests
  • Last active:

I have WinXP and I too have the GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL. upon start up. It did not appear to affect anything until a month later, now some web pages log off without prompt.

• Guests
  • Last active:
I installed Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 for Windows XP Fixed my PSAPI.DLL problem right up thx!! for the info and topic!!!