Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Folder Menu - a popup menu to quickly change your folders

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic
icefreez
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Last active: Jan 08 2019 10:26 PM
Wonderful Script Idea. I don't use nearly as much of what is set up but it is useful for the 3 or 4 folders I switch between a lot daily at work.

• Guests
  • Last active:
Hi Rexx,

your script is such a time saver!

I am not sure whether you tried Sandboxie.com before (a very useful, small app)? Probably not? It allows you to start any program and to encapsulate the changes in a sandbox (so that the original system is protected from any modifications).

But here is my question. For example when I open a (sandboxed) explorer window, your script doesn't seem to work (that is I can not change to a different folder). But if I open a sandboxed command line window, your script works (that is changes directories correctly).

Any idea why that is?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Sincerely,
Peter

rexx
  • Members
  • 73 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2009 03:23 AM

Wonderful Script Idea. I don't use nearly as much of what is set up but it is useful for the 3 or 4 folders I switch between a lot daily at work.

Thanks. : D

But here is my question. For example when I open a (sandboxed) explorer window, your script doesn't seem to work (that is I can not change to a different folder). But if I open a sandboxed command line window, your script works (that is changes directories correctly).

Hi, i tried it. It changes the window classname, adding some prefix to the original classname. The script doesn't work because it checks the classname for supported window. I tried to use 'contains' to check the classname, but it still doesn't work, dont know why. :?

• Guests
  • Last active:
Rexx, thanks a for taking the time to try this. Hopefully you find Sandboxie useful :-)

Yes, indeed. It adds the prefix: Sandbox:DefaultBox:

Fortunately your app is flexible enough to add new Window classes. I actually tried this and it worked (added Sandbox:DefaultBox:CabinetWClass to ini file).

But since that worked, probably your "contains" code should also work?

Regards.
Peter

• Guests
  • Last active:
Rexx, where can I find lib.ahk?

Many thanks in advance!

rexx
  • Members
  • 73 posts
https://ahknet.autoh...u/files/Lib.ahk

• Guests
  • Last active:
Rexx, thanks.

I tried the new version 121 (both the exe and ahk version), but when I click on "Add Favorite" in the menu it crashes and the tray icon disappears. All previous version worked fine.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

rexx
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Rexx, thanks.

I tried the new version 121 (both the exe and ahk version), but when I click on "Add Favorite" in the menu it crashes and the tray icon disappears. All previous version worked fine.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

No idea :?
What's your OS, and where do you click the "Add Favorite"? In tray menu or in the popup favorites menu?
I've tested on win7 and winxp, both works fine.
And which previous version works for you? 1.20 or earlier?

• Guests
  • Last active:
I tried Vista sp1 and Windows 7 (7077). I right clicked on the System tray.

Is there somekind of debug log?

The previous version was 1.16. (I personally like this version better, because less bloated (no lib.ahk etc)).

rexx
  • Members
  • 73 posts

I tried Vista sp1 and Windows 7 (7077). I right clicked on the System tray.

Is there somekind of debug log?

The previous version was 1.16. (I personally like this version better, because less bloated (no lib.ahk etc)).

In the new version 1.20~ I add a favorites management GUI in options, and "add favorite" will go to the options GUI and add a new item.
Can you add an item in the favorites tab in options? (press Ins or click "+" button)
or that crashes too?
There's no debug log, you have to look the ahk log window.

• Guests
  • Last active:
Actually I tested again. It works fine on Vista.

But on Windows 7 (7077) it crashes, for example when I click on options or add favorite in the right click menu.

I guess Windows 7 is not supported yet ...

rexx
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Actually I tested again. It works fine on Vista.

But on Windows 7 (7077) it crashes, for example when I click on options or add favorite in the right click menu.

I guess Windows 7 is not supported yet ...

On my Windows7 (7000) it works fine.
Maybe I can find out what's wrong when the Windows 7 RC is out. :p

• Guests
  • Last active:
Yes, good idea. Windows 7 RC is leaked already (build 7100).

• Guests
  • Last active:
Rexx,

you could use regular expressions instead of Contains.

For example:

[REGEXPCLASS] Mozilla Firefox[^-]*\Z]

Hi, i tried it. It changes the window classname, adding some prefix to the original classname. The script doesn't work because it checks the classname for supported window. I tried to use 'contains' to check the classname, but it still doesn't work, dont know why. :?

bluefish
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: May 06 2009 06:29 PM
Thanks for this script.

I have an error when trying to add a new item.

'Could not open...........whatever file
there's something wrong with your config file.'

It is a noob question, but what have I missed here?

Thanks
Andy