Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Notification: The nick: Goyyah will be changed to: SKAN soon

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic
SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:
I do not like that nick "Goyyah" anymore :(
I thought I should notify it to avoid any confusion that might arise ..
and hence this post.

Please do not bash me for the changing it. :oops:

Regards to all .. :)
kWo4Lk1.png

biotech
  • Members
  • 172 posts
  • Last active: Jan 08 2011 03:16 PM
peronally i think goyyah is better that skan
wha does that mean anyways :shock:
he he :twisted:

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

wha does that mean anyways :shock:

Suresh Kumar A N

SKAN! That is how my friends address me. Now I have many friends here too.

:)
kWo4Lk1.png

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Goyyah

Let's see it that way: perfect timing :wink:
If Posts = 2222
ForumReplace, nick, nick, Goyyah, SKAN
SoundBeep, Beethoven's 5th
:D

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM
Sounds like some organisation to me.... :twisted:
Posted Image

Thalon
  • Members
  • 641 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2017 12:17 PM
Seriously Known as Annoying Nick?

I really like Goyyah :cry:

Thalon

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM
Shaekspire said in one of his poems:

Whats in the name....
Oouh, be some other name
Posted Image

JSLover
  • Members
  • 920 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2012 09:54 PM

Suresh Kumar A N

Suresh . (A.N.Suresh Kumar)

...ok if you're "A.N.Suresh Kumar" why would you be SKAN & not ANSK? Is A N your 1st 2 names, that you don't like/use or what? I'm not sure why we're debating it, since you can rename yourself to whatever you want, but how about just "Suresh"...?...that seems, from your sig, to be your "preferred" name. Also...just FYI, since you're trying to avoid confusion...you could also rename yourself twice...Goyyah ---soon/now---> Suresh (formerly Goyyah) ---in-a-few-months---> Suresh...so people see both together for a while...(but your sig could handle the confusion too/instead?)...
Useful forum links: New content since: Last visitPast weekPast 2 weeks (links will show YOUR posts, not mine)

OMFG, the AutoHotkey forum is IP.board now (yuck!)...I may not be able to continue coming here (& I love AutoHotkey)...I liked phpBB, but not this...ugh...

Note...
I may not reply to any topics (specifically ones I was previously involved in), mostly cuz I can't find the ones I replied to, to continue helping, but also just cuz I can't stand the new forum...phpBB was soo perfect. This is 100% the opposite of "perfect".

I also semi-plan to start my own, phpBB-based AutoHotkey forum (or take over the old one, if he'll let me)
PM me if you're interested in a new phpBB-based forum (I need to know if anyone would use it)
How (or why) did they create the Neil Armstrong memorial site (neilarmstronginfo.com) BEFORE he died?

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Please do not bash me for the changing it.

Ladies ! We've to accept that. Period. There's no discussion about right or wrong, black or white, yes or no.

A name is the most important thing for a (living) human (in any culture I know). Especially as the abrev. 'SKAN' (the developer formerly known as Goyyah AKA 'TDFKAG') is based on his real name. So, STOP and think.

It's no poll. It's an announcement.
Bye Goyyah, we're sorry you're leaving :(
Welcome SKAN. 8)

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts
  • Last active: Mar 04 2013 06:27 AM
Perhaps this should be a poll...

Okay... Not really.

I am, however, used to addressing you as Goyyah.

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:
Thanks to everyone for the replies. ( I never expected a reponse :shock: )

I decided to change the nick after I came to know the Jewish meaning of Goyyah ( Heathen Woman ). It is mentally disturbing me.

Generally speaking, We Indians do not have the concept of First name + Middle name + Lastname

Suresh Kumar is my name ( in short: Suresh ) and the initials represent the first letter of my Native place & Father's name.

In 80's, the computerisation was such, that only a single field was used to store names .. and for indexing purposes the initials would be at the end. And thus my name appears as Suresh Kumar A N in almost all of my educational & other records.

If someone asks for my full name, I would say "A.N.Suresh Kumar" and if I was filling a form, I would write it as "Suresh Kumar A N"

I like my name Suresh, however it is one of the most common name in India ( try googling for it ). If you go to any Metro-Railway station ( in India ) and call out aloud: "Suresh", you will see 100's of heads turning towards you. :lol:

I love this forum and the members very much.
I sincerely hope that I am not setting a bad example by changing the nick so late.

Thanks to all. :)

PS: I would never mind if you still want to call me "Goyyah". Please do so. It is just that I do not want any kind of negative aspect in my nick.
kWo4Lk1.png

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Well, we can do puns with Skan as well, and I suppose a lot of names have some strange meaning in some foreign language (beside their initial meaning: Lhoste is derivated of "l'hoste" or in modern French "l'hôte", probably the innkeeper).
But you are free to change your nick, of course, as long as the software allows it.
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

mrjohnnycake
  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • Last active: Oct 10 2007 06:02 PM
I like mrjohnnycake myself. it comes from "Mysterious (Mr), Johnny Depp is a fairly good actor (Johnny), When I was a kid I used to play patty cake (Cake)". It's good to keep your nicknames simple though so I just stick with mrjohnnycake.
-The interesting thing about the blood of the innocent isn't the taste or the occult power it gives you, but just how little there actually is.

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
We can also call you "The programmer formerly known as Goyyah"... :-)
If the reference is too obscure, see this page...
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:
@mrjohnnycake: See: Why have you choosen this Nickname ?

:)
kWo4Lk1.png