Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

New set of standard icons for v2

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic
Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2015 03:49 PM
Are there any plans to make new icons for version 2 of AutoHotkey?

No signature.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Perhaps it should have new icons, at least the file-type icon, to help visually distinguish between v1 and v2 scripts. However, the benefits aren't that strong; so it might not happen unless someone creates icon(s) that the majority likes better than the current ones.

Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
I would like try to make some. Any ideas or restrictions?

No signature.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
If possible, I'd like them to be as small in file size as the current icons (since the icons directly affect the size of each compiled script). For anyone other than an icon expert, this might be difficult because some of the current icons use unconventional palettes to achieve smaller size.

Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
32 x 32:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

These are in JPEG format and not omptimized.

No signature.

philou
  • Members
  • 68 posts
  • Last active: Jan 04 2011 01:12 PM
i'd like to create new icons for autohotkey, as well as a new program icon/logo - i'll have a try on this and post some results later :)

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Thanks for the interest in icons and logos. Ideally, AutoHotkey version 2 should have a new icon, at least for its file type. So if anyone has a strong interest in this, it would help me if you or someone else would take over the discussion (with possible polls) to figure out which icons/logos people like the best.

Maintaining the web site and other support tasks has left me little time for development. So anything volunteers can do in areas like this is appreciated.

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Another alternative icon: An alternative icon for AutoHotkey

It lacks support of suspended/paused states, though.
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Taking PhiLho's advice (above) - is somebody able to use the [flame] of that image, to attach it to a key of your choice (what about the anykey :wink: ) ??
I guess that would look amazing as it uses a white background and therefore will fit perfectly at the Forums header. JM2€C 8)

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
[A key]

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Oops, looking back at my topic, I saw images were broken! I changed images folder to Images, and since the site is on Unix, case-sensitive on file names, the paths were wrong. Corrected.
Perhaps the Pause icon could be the same image without the flame (red key), the suspend one the same key in gray color...
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Based on the two (linked) image samples I gave above, I've 'created' that rough AutoFlamingHotKey
Posted Image
(made with MSPaint :x)

I expect a Photoshop geek out there will provide a more professional one ASAP. Go for it! 8)

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Posted Image
[Key32x32.bmp]

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM
I will try to convince my wife to find some time. She does that kind of thing every day on her job.
Posted Image

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Posted Image
[Key32x32.bmp]