Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

v1.0.24 released: FormatTime, GUI drag-and-drop

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Here are the changes for v1.0.24: http://www.autohotkey.com/changelog/

If you're waiting for a feature you think is important, and you haven't heard anything about it for a while, feel free to mention it.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
great! and congrats!

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Tekl
  • Members
  • 814 posts
  • Last active: May 03 2009 03:28 PM
Hey,

that's a great idea with the command-lists in the extra directory.

Tekl

Atomhrt
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Nov 13 2006 09:18 PM
Wow! Lots of good stuff here in this release.

Thanks Chris!
I am he of whom he speaks!

Tekl
  • Members
  • 814 posts
Hi,

I don't know if some Editors may have problems with commandnames.txt. There are some commands with Parameters and I think most editor accept only one word:

If Var [not] in value1,value2,...

should be:

If
Else

Also I think, the directives could be in a separate file.

Tekl

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

If Var [not] in value1,value2,...

should be:

If
Else

Rajat had some reasons for doing it that way. If he sees this, I'll let him explain it.

Also I think, the directives could be in a separate file.

You could check if the first character is # to detect whether it's a directive. That seems better than having to maintain a separate file.

Thanks.

Tekl
  • Members
  • 814 posts
Hi,

but if you have files, it's easier to create the colorgroups. So it could be done with only one array-loop. But it's no problem to use your way. Maybe all Syntax-files should be replaced with a script.

Tekl

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

Rajat had some reasons for doing it that way. If he sees this, I'll let him explain it.

while doing the master files, my topmost consideration was to take care of all current and possibly future needs.

now, the 'if' cmd can be (as u see urself) used in many different ways... so if we just put an 'if' for every corresponding if-based cmd in commands.txt then it'd not be clear which does what in clip-library like uses.

And if the use requires essentially just one word cmd then its easy to do [StringGetPos + StringLeft] but on the other hand, its kind of difficult to get the different full cmds from just 'if'.

i hope its clear now.

MIA

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Maybe all Syntax-files should be replaced with a script.

That's an interesting idea. It would be nice some day to have a single GUI front-end that auto-detects the editors you have installed, sets the corresponding checkboxes for you (only by default -- you could uncheck them if you want), has some other checkboxes/radios/etc. to indicate your preferred background and syntax colors, and then reconfigures all the selected editors to support AutoHotkey syntax.

Tekl
  • Members
  • 814 posts
Hi Rajat,

I'm speaking about commandnames.txt. I thougt it should be used to build syntax-highlighting. All my Editors only want one single word for a command. For cliplibraries you're right, there should be all if-commands listed.

Hi Chris,

so someone should make a base-script with gui, where subroutines for every editor could be added or included, like plugins. For every editor there must be a detection-subroutine, so the gui displays only installed editors and a installation-routine for installing the syntax. The subroutines should set some global variables (if install successfull etc.) for the gui.

Tekl

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

All my Editors only want one single word for a command.

Perhaps you could omit all lines containing spaces as you process the file? Something like:

IfInString, A_LoopReadLine, %A_Space%, Continue

so someone should make a base-script with gui, where subroutines for every editor could be added or included

Yes, that sounds good. It would probably be a lot of work to research all the different editors, their registry entries, and the differences among their version numbers (if any). But hopefully someday.

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Tekl wrote:
All my Editors only want one single word for a command.

Chris wrote:
Perhaps you could omit all lines containing spaces as you process the file? Something like:

@ Tekl
I've extracted AHK's commands by parsing the Command reference which is provided in the forum. I've done that to keep the original command (first colum of that table) but split its description (2nd column) to translate that to German.

I guess a plain list (a word per line) could be the source to be converted in whatever format.

Eh, but maybe I've lost you ... ?

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
That sounds fine. If there's ever anything you can't find a way to do and you think there needs to be a change, please pass it on.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
guyz don't consider the master files as the final things... they're just building blocks... u can create whatever with them... leave something out if ur particular use finds it redundant... they're supposed to take care of most possible situations... if something isn't possible using these files then that calls for a change, not if something is extra in them!

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Chris, is it possible to add duplicate-removal support to sort cmd? ...with StringCaseSense affecting its behaviour too... this'll also help in generating scripts from master files, besides having other uses.

MIA