Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

World of Warcraft: AHK = cheating?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic
majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM

* I have so far successfully resisted the lure of this game.

You say like that is a good thing :D

Don't listen to what other ppl say. Do your own judgements.
Posted Image

Ace_NoOne
  • Members
  • 299 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2008 08:19 AM

* I have so far successfully resisted the lure of this game.

You say like that is a good thing :D

Don't listen to what other ppl say. Do your own judgements.

Dude, it is a good thing! There aren't even enough hours in the day as it is - and getting into an addicting game certainly wouldn't do much good in that regard (or in any regard, for that matter).
Improving my world, one script at a time.
Join the AutoHotkey IRC channel: irc.freenode.net #autohotkey

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
Its not.

If you can't have fun, imagination, and alternative worlds, then who cares about everything.

Its important to realise that you don't waste your time that way contrary to popluar beleif that gaming means loosing time. Its even sci-proveen that certain games make kids smarter ;)

Watching movies or reading books nobody consider like loosing time too... you see what I talk about ?

So, you can get few extra ours per day by not watching movies or not playing games or not reading books. If you want to live life like that, I certanly don't have problem. You will not be very interesting person at the end but again, you can always find non-interesting friends to hang with. ;)
Posted Image

Ace_NoOne
  • Members
  • 299 posts

If you can't have fun, then who cares about everything.

Uh-oh...
/me force-kills all philosophy processes before they jump into action

Its important to realise that you don't waste your time that way contrary to popluar beleif that gaming means loosing time. Its even sci-proveen that certain games make kids smarter ;)

I'm not saying I don't do any gaming (discovered Urban Terror recently, and it's cost me a lot of time already) - but WoW is just too time-consuming, so I forced myself to steer clear... (However, if that upcoming Stargate MMORPG is gonna be any good, I'll definitely say "screw it" and cut my sleep time by yet another few hours... )

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts

(However, if that upcoming Stargate MMORPG is gonna be any good, I'll definitely say "screw it" and cut my sleep time by yet another few hours... )

Now you talk llike a man.

I heard only the best.
MMO's are very time consuming indeed, but only at first glance. I played games before WoW just huge number of them. Now, I play just WoW, so it is basicly the same :D

GOOD. Otherwise, you know you will be pwned :D :lol: :p

BTW, if you really want urban & terror, play Stalker. I hear its the best thing ever.
<!-- m -->http://www.stalker-game.com/<!-- m -->

Just look at this:
<!-- m -->http://www.gamershel... ... 8_full.jpg<!-- m -->
Posted Image

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
Or this
Posted Image

Posted Image

The level of reality is amazing. The level of horror is...

<!-- m -->http://www.playfuls.... ... byl/99.jpg<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->http://www.playfuls.... ... byl/94.jpg<!-- m -->
Posted Image

Ace_NoOne
  • Members
  • 299 posts

(However, if that upcoming Stargate MMORPG is gonna be any good, I'll definitely say "screw it" and cut my sleep time by yet another few hours... )

Now you talk llike a man.

Haha, a geek/nerd man maybe... ;)

I heard only the best.

Of the Stargate thingie? Well, I'm still very skeptical (remember the meltdown of that Stargate FPS?!) - but hopeful nevertheless...

MMO's are very time consuming indeed, but only at first glance. I played games before WoW just huge number of them. Now, I play just WoW, so it is basicly the same :D

Good point.

GOOD. You know you will be pwned :D :lol: :p

I don't think so, mister - but I should keep my mouth shut lest this actually turn into an even more OT discussion...

As for Stalker: I've heard about it - both good and bad. I'm not much into that pseudo-apocalyptic scenario though. And nice graphics are only important (noticeable) in the first few minutes. I prefer modern warfare, like in BF2 (which I have yet to play) - that reminds me: I still have to try SupCom... *sigh*
See what I mean now... Someone build me a clone!

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
Huh, above pictures are awesome... It seems to me that it is going to be: "Hello Stalker, goodbuy WoW" at least for some time :D
I have never seen such level of reality. Some ppl told me in the mean time that environment is very responsive, i.e, grass moves as you walk through it, and anybody can see your path for some time... things like that...
Posted Image

Ace_NoOne
  • Members
  • 299 posts
Maybe so - but graphics alone (without any gameplay benefits) are way overrated IMHO...

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts

(without any gameplay benefits)

OFC. I skiped that all ppl praise the gameplay too.

The good point for gameplay is Guild Wars vs WoW. Guild Wars looks much better, but gameplay sucks. I didn't play it, but ppl told me that way. I was looking some videos, and it really looks much better then WoW.
Posted Image

Ace_NoOne
  • Members
  • 299 posts
:)

The_Unknown
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I also wonder how anybody can detect that its AHK and not me pressing the keys like crazy.

They don't catch you, because i'm sure they can actually find out if you are using your keyboard/mouse or an auto program to do it with your computer.

mastermesh
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jul 08 2007 11:48 AM

Just to clarify... AutoHotkey has many, many other uses that have absolutely nothing to do with WOW so there's nothing stopping you from downloading, installing and using it for something else. It would be extremely unlikely (and unjustified) for them to ban someone because of having AutoHotkey installed on their machine.

I've heard that people get banned for using ghostmouse, which is almost identical to autohotkey as far as mouse use goes.... I've thought about using ahk in Entropia Universe, but am not because I really don't want to be banned from there... they use real money... not just the cheapo pay per month things...

I used to play diablo I and II a lot. I never went after WOW because of those monthly fees... just seems foolish, like it is to spend tons of money on cable bills or dishnetwork bills when free to air satellite can get you tons of channels off of satellite absolutely free (you pick up unscrambled stuff) once you get the equipment - no monthly fees!

IvanZT
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Sep 13 2007 09:47 AM
Steps to success :)

Make pretty random and stealth macro. (debug it on non-official server)

instal vmware

install os on vmware

installl game inside the vmware

run game within wmvare

run script outside the vmware (on host system)

The game is now _inside_ virtual environment and it cannot determine the presence of the AHK. now, the main question is in good programming.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

The level of reality is amazing.

That's nothing. Have you seen Crysis? Even on DX9 it's just overwhelming, and the physics beats Resistance FOM. You need some serious rig to play it though :/

IvanZT, I use Microsoft Virtual PC which is freeware. Is vmware any better?

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit