Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

World of Warcraft: AHK = cheating?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic
Tarch
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: Mar 24 2009 12:29 AM
Hi,
take a look at Star wars: the force unleashed, it seems to be amazing...unfortunately is will be released only on consoles (no news that says that will be released on pc up to now) :'(

Bye! :shock: :)

IvanZT
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Sep 13 2007 09:47 AM
Titan,

VMWare can make snapshots of your virtual machine - it's very useful.
I didn't found such functionality in virtual PC... :oops:

There are some other differences, but I cannot say for sure.

imho vmware is better.

themagnetronfahrer
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Last active: Aug 22 2007 01:31 PM
Ahk is banned out of bf2 by pb. Those freaks doesnt have the right to do that!!! All other macro programs are legal for now. I bet pb bann them all out( exept the logitec (g15)keyboards and stuff, they pay dice/ea)

AutoGuest
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Did AutoIt get banned? :?

IvanZT
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Sep 13 2007 09:47 AM
How do they know, you're using it?

Glider
  • Guests
  • Last active:
they scan window title's and if they match they ban u dont dont name it wowbot or something like that

benjisworld
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jan 09 2008 11:16 AM
Not being scanned for and has been in use for years.

http://forums.worldo...032296717&sid=1

I use it at work for scripting process documentation. I'm in the process of writing my scripts for dual boxing / multi boxing and wanted to make sure it's not going to result in a ban.

I'd recommend using Keyclone for what it can do and AHK for anything else you need as Keyclone can't be automated and is less likely to get banned in the future.

As for now, neither of these is banned, getting folks banned, etc. Exploitive behavior has caused accounts to be banned, with or without AHK. Don't exploit (such as automated sequencing, etc) and you have a very low risk at this point.

Lenox
  • Guests
  • Last active:
ive used ahk back in the day to afk in bg's i would do it for 2 weeks at a time and every day a gm would ask me a question to see if i was botting

i had it setup so when a gm would pm me it would send a text message to my phone which i would reply to and all that good stuff
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i did this for a long time and never got a ban and still playing the char

Rhys
  • Members
  • 761 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2013 04:53 PM
How did you determine when a GM had sent you a message?

Raccoon
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • Last active: Oct 06 2014 05:58 PM
Interesting thread, kinda...

How do you folks feel about keyboards and mice that have built-in macro and auto-fire capabilities?

That's right. People have been making keyboards with macro/repeat buttons for over 40 years. You can still buy them on eBay.

Buckie
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Last active: Sep 05 2008 09:55 AM

Wold of Warcraft Teams of Use
4.b
You agree that you will not (i) modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Program or the Service; (ii) create or use cheats, bots, "mods", and/or hacks, or any other third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience; or (iii) use any third-party software that intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through the Program or the Service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may update the Program with authorized patches and updates distributed by Blizzard, and Blizzard may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces.

or any other third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience

I would say that a autohotkey script would change the experience...

How do they know, you're using it?

Terms of Use 14
WHEN RUNNING, THE PROGRAM MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) AND/OR CPU PROCESSES FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH WORLD OF WARCRAFT. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY "ADDON" OR "MOD," THAT IN BLIZZARD'S SOLE DETERMINATION: (i) ENABLES OR FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE; (ii) ALLOWS USERS TO MODIFY OR HACK THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT INTERFACE, ENVIRONMENT, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IN ANY WAY NOT EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY BLIZZARD; OR (iii) INTERCEPTS, "MINES," OR OTHERWISE COLLECTS INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE PROGRAM. IN THE EVENT THAT THE PROGRAM DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, BLIZZARD MAY (a) COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM WAS DETECTED; AND/OR (B) EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 6 OF THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER.

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM

AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY "ADDON" OR "MOD,"

According to that almost everything but the default interface is illegal. Especialy the thing everybody use, Gatherer addon. Also, ThotBot site seems illegal to me as it is created and mainted by mining addon. So go ahead Blizz, ban us all.

Makes me wonder - if I choose not to violate any rule and just play the game the way it is, I will probably be out of all guilds (all guilds require decursive, deadly boss mode, GEM, and similar addons) and will have no friends playing with me as I suck (those 99% of players not using default UI will always pwn me as they have better interface). So I am not particulary against it, but as nobody can prove me that nobody else is using cheat, as game is designed that way, you can only be left out of the most important things game has to offer if you don't use that.

Also, the very important thing is that many parts of the game are designed so that its very low probability to solve them unless you use some of the addons to help you.

How did you determine when a GM had sent you a message?

Its easy, check out additional info about sender, and if its not normal player, send a message to your phone. Some combination of Lua and AHK would do the trick.

I doubt man really did it, the way he described, as it requires expertise in various things, but you never know...

IMO, this is typical evil company boolshit. They covered every aspect, very similar to 10 Christianty rules - you can't take a breath without making a sin.
Posted Image

WhyKillMe
  • Guests
  • Last active:
http://www.imagedump... ... 9&warned=y

GM Reply in WoW

• Guests
  • Last active:

According to that almost everything but the default interface is illegal. Especialy the thing everybody use, Gatherer addon. Also, ThotBot site seems illegal to me as it is created and mainted by mining addon. So go ahead Blizz, ban us all.

You really don't seem to understand, it is not what you deem 'illegal' in terms of mods/addons that matters. I think this piece of the previous quote covers it:

Blizzard may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces.

You are quite right in what you said earlier in this thread, that Blizzard change the rules as they see fit, and if you have an account and have agreed to the EULA, then you have agreed that this is the power they should wield.

I don't see how you can complain about it.

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM
Who cares.
It became stupid game anyway.

I don't see how you can complain about it.

Think about yourself as a squirel. Perhaps that may help.

Its time to change that game, thats my advice to anybody who plays it.
Posted Image