Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Autohotkey caused irreversible game lag in League of Legends

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic
ryux
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Last active: Nov 08 2015 06:20 PM

Take your computer over to a friend's house and see if the problem persists.

If the problem does not occur when on a different network, then you know the problem is not due to your computer. (ie: it's your ISP, or router or something else that is to blame.)

I feel stupid right now. Thank you, I do this.

ryux
  • Members
  • 13 posts

The problem is solved, it was indeed the script itself, especially the looping process in the end. I had to reset and reinstall all the internet capable devices and the router while having all disconnected to the Internet. Now without autohotkey everything works again.

gregster
  • Members
  • 283 posts
  • Last active: Nov 09 2015 03:08 AM

The problem is solved, it was indeed the script itself, especially the looping process in the end. I had to reset and reinstall all the internet capable devices and the router while having all disconnected to the Internet. Now without autohotkey everything works again.

What? That rather sounds that your router or the "internet capable devices" had some driver hick-up, but not that the AHK script was the reason. Because the AHK script was not longer running - not even present on your computer - because you reinstalled your OS already before and ultimately removed the AHK script. So, which looping process have you identified without even having the script on your computer and how did you determine it to be the reason? Sounds like voodoo to me. 

But hey, AHK is open source. If you can explain with the source code how it screwed up your system or even your router, feel free to do so. I am sure, we will be all very interested about the details.

But what you are describing doesn't show any connection to AHK whatsoever - apart from a coincidence in timing, perhaps...

gilliduck
  • Members
  • 109 posts
  • Last active: Nov 09 2015 01:07 AM

Shenanigans I say

ryux
  • Members
  • 13 posts

What? That rather sounds that your router or the "internet capable devices" had some driver hick-up, but not that the AHK script was the reason. Because the AHK script was not longer running - not even present on your computer - because you reinstalled your OS already before and ultimately removed the AHK script. So, which looping process have you identified without even having the script on your computer and how did you determine it to be the reason? Sounds like voodoo to me. 

But hey, AHK is open source. If you can explain with the source code how it screwed up your system or even your router, feel free to do so. I am sure, we will be all very interested about the details.

But what you are describing doesn't show any connection to AHK whatsoever - apart from a coincidence in timing, perhaps...

My answer was overhasty, I thought I had it fixed with capping my fps. In the end it just made the game not looking so laggy, but the high latency lag spikes aren't gone until today. This  is not a post to hate on Autohotkey. I ran an almost identical script in Wildstar that worked. The only difference was that my sleep durations were at least 100 and had obviously different windows/process names. I also didn't run it as admin because it was not needed. I later integrated that the script would open and close a Memory Cleaner called CleanMem with Wildstar being opened and closed. I then had to ran it as admin to make it work. It caused lag so I dumped it. The League of Legends related script that I posted here also needed to be run as admin in order to work.

A computer store said that the script is likely causing the problem and spreading bad data via the router. I also noticed the sort of lag on other devices than my pc, but in an eased way. I followed their advice and resetted all windows based devices and my router but it didn't help sadly. I tried my computer with my grandma's internet access (different router/ISP/hometown) and I had the same lags there. My conclusion is that the problem is with my computer and not my ISP/router. I also once got my drivers installed by the said computer store, I wanted to be sure I have the right drivers and didn't cause the problem due to a bad setting.

When I accepted that I probably can't get back to the state where everything worked flawlessly, I used this kind of script again. I was like: "Well it's ****ed up, can't get worse anyways." But it went worse. The first time the lags appeared was also immediately after I ran the script as admin. The problem has to be the script, it is at least involved in the problem. Maybe the problem is the short duration of Sleep 10. However I ended up resetting my pc once again.

Additionally this is what the Riot Support (League of Legends) sent me a while back as information. I translated it into English:

I can see these "little lags":

145 ms * * 78.152.53.30

92 ms 78.152.53.30

84 ms rdsl-mnhm-de80.nw.mediaways.net [213.20.56.20]

You also got problematic connections to Google which isn't normal at all

105 ms 23 ms rdsl-mnhm-de80.nw.mediaways.net [213.20.56.20]

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
AutoHotkey is 11 years old. It is used in vast tightly monitored financial institutions and by thousands of gamers world wide. The mear fact that this is entirely an isolated incident means that you uncured this issue as a coincidence. I suspect it could be a heat related problem since the only thing AHK can do is do is trigger things faster. the only reason for a problem to persist is if you have heat related hardware damage.
I am sorry if that is the case, however I must remind you as per the license there is no warranty. since this scenario has never been reported before and you yourself have been unable to identify a specific component that is damaged there is simply no way our community could possibly guess (accurately) the cause. As i said the most likely scenario is a weak cooling system and heat related damage. Or your an overclocker that was already taxing your cooling system. OR you incurred a power surge about the same time. and no a surge protector does not always prevent these. Surge protectors fail often.

For that matter any number of other unrelated things could have contributed to the above guesses. As suggested above AutoHotkey source is freely available you are free to look for a specific cause and identify it publicly here if you can draw a code use to specific damage causation. the community is then free to modify the software if the identified code is credible to the specific damage
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

ryux
  • Members
  • 13 posts

AutoHotkey is 11 years old. It is used in vast tightly monitored financial institutions and by thousands of gamers world wide. The mear fact that this is entirely an isolated incident means that you uncured this issue as a coincidence. I suspect it could be a heat related problem since the only thing AHK can do is do is trigger things faster. the only reason for a problem to persist is if you have heat related hardware damage.
I am sorry if that is the case, however I must remind you as per the license there is no warranty. since this scenario has never been reported before and you yourself have been unable to identify a specific component that is damaged there is simply no way our community could possibly guess (accurately) the cause. As i said the most likely scenario is a weak cooling system and heat related damage. Or your an overclocker that was already taxing your cooling system. OR you incurred a power surge about the same time. and no a surge protector does not always prevent these. Surge protectors fail often.

For that matter any number of other unrelated things could have contributed to the above guesses. As suggested above AutoHotkey source is freely available you are free to look for a specific cause and identify it publicly here if you can draw a code use to specific damage causation. the community is then free to modify the software if the identified code is credible to the specific damage

thanks for the response

AutoPaulkey
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Dec 16 2015 04:40 AM

Hi,

Is it possible that you may have altered an in-game preference or setting when using this AHK script?

To summarize:

1. You have been advised by LoL support you most likely have corrupted files somewhere.

2. You uninstalled both LoL and AHK, and removed the associated registry keys and hidden files.

3. You reinstalled the Windows OS.

4. The lag is still persistant.

Are you suggesting that AHK has the power to manipulate in-game account settings stored on LoL servers? This is impossible. Not just unlikely, but impossible.

I'm reluctant to believe you have actually formatted your OS properly based on the terminology/wording you've used. Did you System Restore instead by any chance?

Take your PC to a friends house and see if you still have the lag. If you do, login to his LoL account on your PC and see if you still have the lag.

This will at least assist you in isolating the issue.

Good luck.