Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

IP Boards decommission

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic
Bruttosozialprodukt
  • Members
  • 457 posts
  • Last active: Oct 18 2015 08:47 AM

Okay, I see the problem now. There are quite a lot of special bbcodes on the IPB side of things...
Well, let's discuss possible workarounds here: http://www.autohotke...-phpbbs-bbcode/

lwfsn
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • Last active: Oct 16 2015 11:06 PM

Too bad it's this forum getting archived and not the other.  I can't stand PHPBB.  I swear every time I register an account on one something always happens where I can't login and then have to make a new account 8 million times.  Also this forum looks way better.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM

I have several active threads on this old forum (IP Boards) which will be locked. I would like to keep them active.
What should I do?

• Make a new topic in new forum (PHPBB3)  for each thread from the old forum (IP Boards) and than
  • put a link to first post of each thread in the old forum (IP Boards) which will sad that discussion here will be discontinued and continued on new thread in new forum (PHPBB3)?

Some other recommendation?

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

joedf
  • Administrators
  • 986 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: Nov 02 2019 08:38 PM
I recommend doing exactly what "just me" does: lock the old thread, say it is continued on a new thread on the new forum with a link.
Why ahkscript.org? - autohotkey.com is outdated

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM

OK

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

ZeBuddha
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Last active: Jun 16 2016 11:26 AM

ok... I've been trying to find the answer to the following question, but I'm guessing I'm blind or something, and I also guess it might be related to this topic:

1) How come I'm blocked from creating new topics in the autohotkey.com/board forums? I see a "You cannot start a nerw topic" "button" where the usual New Topic button is placed...

2) How come I'm blocked from creating a profile (apparently not shared?) on the autohotkey.com/boards (ahkscript) forums?

Note: I tried Q2 when I noticed Q1 in an attempt to make a post asking about this...

And obviously I don't seem to have any problems replying to existing topics (assuming this doesn't bounce when I click on submit)...

Sorry about putting this here (if it's not related) - looked like the most likely/related place.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
Sorry your having trouble creating a new profile. Can you describe the problem? details?
are you just not getting activation email?
PM me the email address you registered if so and i'll override the activation
By the way as described in the title of this thread and in the first post No New topics can be created on this board. that applies to everyone
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
actually i found the answer already
looks like your IP was banned for an unverified reason. Please accept my apology. I have unblocked your IP
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

ZeBuddha
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Last active: Jun 16 2016 11:26 AM

ah, great, thanks!

And regarding the new topics, thanks - I wasn't really sure which forum was being blocked (and seeing as I couldn't confirm it by creating a profile in the other one...)

Cheerio!

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

in 10/17/2015 visitors to ahkscript.org/boards/ will automatically redirect to autohotkey.com/boards/. This redirect will remain in effect in perpetuity.

This hasn't been done. Was it forgotten?

I've marked off some of the other items I know have been done.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
Yes it was forgotten thanks Ill put that in tonight
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
um yeah, now it automatically rewrites to autohotkey.com/boards

yet i cannot log in, it fails silently with no error message

nor can i even post as a guest

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
I just logged out and back in. I was meddling with some htaccess just now so that may have been the cause
Try again and let me know
You may also need to delete all cookies first
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM

yep deleting cookies again fixed it

KraZe_EyE
  • Members
  • 85 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2015 02:35 PM

Hi, haven't logged in in quite a while, I see you guys have been busy!

I'm trying to make the transition to the new boards and was wondering if you had transferred the user database over there yet?

I tried logging in and it says I have an incorrect username. Should I just make a new account at the new forums? I'd prefer to be transferred because if you guys do port all the topics over there I'd like to be able to access my old topics.

Thanks!