Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Confuse about BlockInput

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
johnhill
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Last active: Jan 03 2018 02:49 AM

Hi,

It seem like BlockInput doesn't work. My mouse and keyboard still working. Then I tried BlockInput, MouseMove. It works and only for mouse. BlockInput, SendAndMouse not work also.

How do I block mouse and keyboard input?

I am using Windows 10.

#NoEnv  
#Warn
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  
SetBatchLines -1   
#SingleInstance Force
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
#Persistent

Please help. Thank you.

Jack Dunning
  • Members
  • 217 posts
  • Last active: Nov 11 2015 08:40 PM

Per the documentation, it looks like BlockInput, On will block both mouse and keyboard. BlockInput, Off reverses it.

I currently do a regular blog for AutoHotkey beginners and have posted a number of AutoHotkey help pages at ComputorEdge.com. As I learn, I pass it on.

AutoHotkey scripts and apps for beginners and more ideas.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
✓  Best Answer

If UAC is enabled, BlockInput() apparently only works if the process is elevated; i.e. running as admin or with EnableUIAccess.

BlockInput Mouse/MouseMove is actually a totally different thing to BlockInput(); when enabled, AutoHotkey's mouse hook blocks mouse events, the same way that it does when you define a mouse hotkey.

N.B. Setting UAC to "Never notify me" on Windows 8 and later does not disable UAC.

johnhill
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Last active: Jan 03 2018 02:49 AM

Thank you, Jack.

If UAC is enabled, BlockInput() apparently only works if the process is elevated; i.e. running as admin or with EnableUIAccess.

BlockInput Mouse/MouseMove is actually a totally different thing to BlockInput(); when enabled, AutoHotkey's mouse hook blocks mouse events, the same way that it does when you define a mouse hotkey.

N.B. Setting UAC to "Never notify me" on Windows 8 and later does not disable UAC.

Just test with Run Administrator. The BlockInput is working.

Thank you, Lexikos.