Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Web application doesn't respond "correctly"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
occam49
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Oct 19 2015 03:33 PM

I am attempting to update a text field in web application

I am using. wb.document.getElementsByName("controlname")[0].value := myvariable,  to set the contents.

The field  on the screen does indeed update as expected with the contents of myvariable.

The screen has 'Done' button that (I'm guessing) submits then closes the page when I manually enter data in the field.

If I use the macro to update the field, the screen just hangs when I click 'Done'

What am i missing/doing wrong?

Jackie Sztuk _Blackholyman
  • Spam Officer
  • 3757 posts
  • Last active: Apr 03 2016 08:47 PM
Some eventlistener on the page is not 'seeing' the value you have set in the element as it is listening for keypresses and there for functions on some pages does not fire and are just harder to fill value into...

As I'm not at a PC at this time I don't have any links or examples for you but depending on your version of IE search for 'fireEvent' or 'CreateEvent'
Helping%20you%20learn%20autohotkey.jpg?d

[AHK] Version. 1.1+ [CLOUD] DropBox ; Copy [WEBSITE] Blog ; About

occam49
  • Members
  • 6 posts

using I.e 11.0

OK thanks ... i'll do some more digging ... its been hard to come up with right search keys to use "autohelp"  :( 

Jackie Sztuk _Blackholyman
  • Spam Officer
  • 3757 posts
  • Last active: Apr 03 2016 08:47 PM
Those will not be in the help file but on the forums

try this search https://cse.google.c...316:ywoq_rufgic
Helping%20you%20learn%20autohotkey.jpg?d

[AHK] Version. 1.1+ [CLOUD] DropBox ; Copy [WEBSITE] Blog ; About

occam49
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Update:

I added Wb.document.getElementsByName("controlname")[0].fireEvent("onchange") but that didn't make any noticeable difference.

In addition, if I manually type additional text in the text box before or after running the macro, the form is still hosed and doesn't respond properly to the done button!

Any ideas ??

occam49
  • Members
  • 6 posts
✓  Best Answer

OK ... the solution to the  problem ...

The application didn't like the characters << in the the text box. That's what caused it to hang when the done button was clicked.
I was using <<  and >> to identify the auto-typed text E.g. <<This is the autotext>>

I entered << manually and it hung so it was nothing to do with AHK or my script

WTF??? What freaking waste of time  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: