Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Right Mouse Button Windows Explorer Drag

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
anotherautohotkeyuser
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Dec 22 2015 10:36 PM

Good afternoon everyone,

I have an issue that I can not fathom how to resolve. The following script breaks the right-button click and drag function in Windows Explorer. I have spent many hours trying to figure out a method that works, to see if there is an alternative script or setting or parameter that I am missing.

*$RButton::Click Right Down
*$RButton Up::Click Right Up
RButton & LButton::Send ^{Click Left} ; <-- Offending line that breaks the functionality.

I have also tried the following:

*$RButton::MouseClick, Right, , , , , D
*$RButton Up::MouseClick, Right, , , , , U
RButton & LButton::Send ^{Click Left} ; <-- Offending line that breaks the functionality.

and:

SendMode Input|Play|Event ;One at a time, not all together.
*$RButton::Send, {RButton Down}
*$RButton Up::Send, {RButton Up}

all with the same result.

The right-click and drag works fine without the third hotkey definition.

Any and all assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

AutoHotkey is a beast of a product; and I think I am just scratching the surface, so I could be missing something basic.

Thank you.

-rob-

Exaskryz
  • Members
  • 3249 posts
  • Last active: Nov 20 2015 05:30 AM

Try this:

~RButton::return
RButton & LButton::Send ^{Click Left}

I did test the RButton functionality and it mimics the behavior I get without this script running in Windows Explorer.

However, I Can't test the RButton & LButton hotkey as my touchpad prevents that (the whole thing is one button and the L/R distinction is based on where it receives the most pressure) and I Don't have my external mouse to test with.

anotherautohotkeyuser
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Dec 22 2015 10:36 PM

Hi Exaskryz,

Thank you for your suggestion. While that does leave the Right-click drag working, both fire when invoke the second one.

-rob-

Exaskryz
  • Members
  • 3249 posts
  • Last active: Nov 20 2015 05:30 AM

Hmm, check out this thread which seems to relate to your post: http://autohotkey.co...?p=55503#p55503(if it wasn't you that posted it, hehe)

It sounds like using ~RButton & LButton::Send ^{Click Left} should work for you.

nalbe
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Oct 29 2015 05:53 AM

Hmm, check out this thread which seems to relate to your post: http://autohotkey.co...?p=55503#p55503(if it wasn't you that posted it, hehe)

It sounds like using ~RButton & LButton::Send ^{Click Left} should work for you.

No, he wasn't =)

In my case, i want to try 'simulate' rbutton hold and release click in my script, but in this form it doesn't work:

RButton::
 GetKeyState, state, RButton, P
if state = D
   send {RButton down}
  else
   send {RButton up}
return

RButton & WheelUp::
 Send {Volume_Up 1}
return

RButton & WheelDown::
 Send {Volume_Down 1}