Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

v1.0.25 released: Complex expressions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Although this release has been extensively tested, quite a few low-level changes were made. It is recommended that mission-critical scripts be re-tested prior to adopting this version.

Here are the changes for v1.0.25: http://www.autohotkey.com/changelog/

The main feature planned for the next version is the ability to pass parameters to subroutines and receive return values.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
i've yet to check the regular expressions but i've been through the changelist, and it sounds great!

congrats on the first release of 2005!!

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
The Expressions documentation doesn't seem to be up on the Variables page yet. I'm downloading the new version now, though, it shouold be in the help file. (right?)

Edit: Nvm. I'm just really impatient. :lol: Gr8 work, btw.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

i've yet to check the regular expressions

There are no regular expressions yet, just plain expressions. Regular expressions (pattern matching) are tentatively planned for the version after the next one.

3tones
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Last active: Jan 21 2008 10:38 PM
So I suppose I should wait to upgrade the embedded AHK script in my grandpa's pacemaker? lol Seriously, though... what do people have as "mission critial" AHK scripts?

Atomhrt
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Nov 13 2006 09:18 PM

So I suppose I should wait to upgrade the embedded AHK script in my grandpa's pacemaker? lol Seriously, though... what do people have as "mission critial" AHK scripts?

They could be scripts, compiled or not, that are used in your company's production environment. I have read that some are using them in this way.
I am he of whom he speaks!

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I have read that some are using them in this way

Yep, confirmed. Currently migrating some of our core processes to use AHK. Supported customers with workarrounds etc. ...

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
Usually that means scripts that mess around with files on your disk, instead of just tinkering with the mouse, or a window. Also, scripts that do potentially dangerous things, like killing processes, configuring (system) .ini's or the reigstry, or working with messages.

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
I have a script I wrote working on 1600 PC's. If something went bad, it could be really bad. ;)

thanks,
beardboy

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
1600! ..now thats some number!
imagine 1600 PCs start acting up at once! :twisted:

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat