Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Comprehensive list of Windows hotkeys.

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic
a3u2t2o2
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Dec 13 2011 08:25 PM
List of all registered hotkeys.

I have tested
Ethervane ActiveHotkeys ahk_class TFormMain
Version 1.0.
And it works for me.

It shows me all hotkeys.

But now I don't know what they do or which application is connected with it.

Four learning I also need good tool.

i am wrote a vocabulary trainer (online in php) not pretty but sp do you like to help with it?

Very fast. multiple choice .... Some features i missing ... And the design/layout isn't really good.

So you like to help?

Example: <!-- m -->http://dosqlweb.de/p.../?fach=SyncLife<!-- m -->

may later i could gife you more reasons whey i think its the best.

sorry of my enlish ( i am from germany)

• Guests
  • Last active:
By the way, 'Win' is the key that shows the icon of a 'sheet' divided into four squares

JimW
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Last active: Jul 22 2014 11:27 AM
Win + Shift + Right: If you have dual monitors this will move the active window to the other monitor.

I know this works in Windows 7 but not sure about others.

user guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Ctrl+A Highlights all

Honest Abe
  • Members
  • 310 posts
  • Last active: Jan 08 2015 08:56 PM
Shift + Right-Click: adds "Copy as Path" to a file or folder's right click menu.

Win7 (x64)
Look up commands faster by using the AutoHotkey Help File's index.
Start→AllPrograms→AutoHotkey→AutoHotkey Help File

Dano86
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jun 25 2014 10:21 PM

I have just recently gotten a windows 8 laptop and I am wracking my brain trying to figure out what the hotkey combo is to pull up the system info window.  In win7 it is Windows+break(good way to remember is windows is broken).  Can anyone help me out with this??

Thank you in advance.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM

I have just recently gotten a windows 8 laptop and I am wracking my brain trying to figure out what the hotkey combo is to pull up the system info window.  In win7 it is Windows+break(good way to remember is windows is broken).  Can anyone help me out with this??

Thank you in advance.

My laptop doesn't even have Break so I can't even test it.

In Win8, the builtin hotkey Win + X brings up a power user menu, perhaps you can find it in there.

newmancyriac
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jul 18 2014 11:05 AM

Wow  that  is  a  good  job, These  are  very  hard  to  remember. but  by  experience we  can  remember. Please  include  some  imporatnt short cut  in  ubuntu  also  see it here  will  help  the  users  from ubuntu.

BULLDG
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2014 12:03 PM

Does anyone know how to find out what a Particular key is assigned to what Program. It would be great to to be able to run a Program, Press a key and be told what it's assigned to?

Any ideas? I have Snagit comPlaining that one Particular key is already in use by another Program and I have no idea what it is and this listing above does not helP.

While writing thisPost, I see that same Program has re-assigned something. I no longer have a lower case P. That's why you're seeing all the caPital P's. 

Rebooting now!

magerber
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Feb 09 2015 10:03 PM

I just found this list via a google search, and I now have about 4 additional sticky notes for the bottom of my computer screen with shortcuts I can use regularly.  Thanks to all! 

I am not sure that the master list is still being updated, but I have a hotkey shortcut that I don't think is listed here yet.  I have personally used it in Windows XP and on my current system, running Windows 7. 

Ctrl+Tab+Esc:  Starts Task Manager directly.

(When you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del a screen opens up showing a number of options for the user, including "Start Task Manager" at the very bottom of the list.  The hotkey combo above bypasses this screen, and opens the Task Manager screen immediately.  Since I learned about this hotkey combo, I use it in about 95% of the instances when I would have used Ctrl+Alt+Del in the past)

SCare
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jun 15 2015 08:59 AM

Thank you both very much. I'll try to get around to adding or revising them as soon as possible, since I want this list to be very complete and I've also started pointing outsiders to it as well. 

create a store online shopping clothing electronics holidays daily deals