Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Comprehensive list of Windows hotkeys.

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic
polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Neat work jonny! :D

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
Would anyone be interested in my making this available for download? And if so, in what format?

Serenity
  • Members
  • 1271 posts
  • Last active:
This is a valuable reference. HTML/zip would be best I think. :)
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." - Mae West
Posted Image

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Hehehe... well, for one, I know a grand total of four html tags, (html, body, p, and a) and two, I meant something more like a text format. If you want html, just write a script to automatically download the first page every couple of days.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
This has become a better resource than I expected. Since hotkeys and keyboard shortcuts are so relevant to the goals of many forum visitors, I'll make this topic sticky. However, I don't think it should be sticky in the Support/Help forum, so I've moved it to Utilities and Resources. If anyone feels it should be somewhere else, please let me know.

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Thanks for that; I think I originally posted it in Support because it was going to be a request, but then it turned out differently. In fact, I expected you to do that. By the way, I'm still looking for hotkeys, especially in the area of applications! I plan to add winamp in the near future. Also, I've further tested Win + Escape, and it doesn't seem to work for me; once I get home (I'm writing this from my Palm :lol: ) I'll set it to untested, and if noone reports it working and explains how in a few days, I'll remove it.

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
New Winamp hotkeys, but totally untested so far, and I'm going to bed. See the bottom section of the original post for details on helping out, if you so desire. :D Also, still looking for feedback: post for download or no? If so, in what format?

dijiyd
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: Oct 22 2005 01:29 PM
Umm.. probably useless, but shift+insert is something of a universal 'paste'. Dunno where you would need an alternative to ctrl+v.

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Thanks. I've added it.

ohgee
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I'm running the Subject OS. I find the following:

Win+e: Brings up Window's 'My Computer'.
Win+f: Same as posted, i.e., ' Find all Files'.
Win+d: Brings up the 'Desktop'.
Win+r: Brings up the 'Run' window.

I haven't tried any other combinations, as yet.
Again, thanks for your help in my Support/Help forum problem.

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Thanks, ohgee. The combinations are already on the list, but some might find it useful that the standard Win hotkeys (everything but the ones marked "XP Only") work on 98 too.

shader
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Last active: Nov 16 2011 09:05 AM
Here an incredible useful one less known...

Control + "+"(plus key) in a form type window(like in the detail view of files in the explorer's window) with separators to adjust them to the minimum space ;)

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Wow, thanks. I'll add it.

dijiyd
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: Oct 22 2005 01:29 PM
Whoa that's mad. Where did you get this anyway?

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
All over the place. I've been compiling it based on tons of sources, most of which I don't still have available. (Take a look at how many times the first post has been edited) About a third of them are from the help of others in this thread, and about an eighth are from simply playing around with stuff and experimenting.