Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Custom GUI Controls & GUI related

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic
majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM
This is the list of controls that are ready to use in your GUIs by simply including the modules in your script (or doing something similarly easy). I provided only controls that are encapsulated well. Those that require user intervention, badly or not document, obviously buggy etc.. are not included. I will add new controls to this list as they are created.

Custom controls

[*:rcxn8adx]Animated Gif [dll, 9KB]

[*:rcxn8adx]Baloon Tooltip

[*:rcxn8adx]ComboX

[*:rcxn8adx]Color Controls

[*:rcxn8adx] _diagramm_

[*:rcxn8adx] Forms Framework

[*:rcxn8adx]Graphic Button

[*:rcxn8adx]HiEdit [dll, 43KB]

[*:rcxn8adx]HLink

[*:rcxn8adx]IL_Button

[*:rcxn8adx]ImageButton

[*:rcxn8adx]IP Address

[*:rcxn8adx]MMenu

[*:rcxn8adx]QHTM (dll, 250 or 400 KB ))

[*:rcxn8adx]Property (dll, ~50kb)

[*:rcxn8adx] Radial Menu Modules

[*:rcxn8adx]RaGrid [dll, 29.5 KB]

[*:rcxn8adx] Rebar

[*:rcxn8adx]Rich Edit

[*:rcxn8adx]SB_SetProgress

[*:rcxn8adx]Scroll Bar

[*:rcxn8adx] SpreadSheet [dll, 42.5 KB]

[*:rcxn8adx]SysAnimate

[*:rcxn8adx] Tab2 With Icons

[*:rcxn8adx]Toolbar

[*:rcxn8adx]Tooltip()

[*:rcxn8adx]TreeViewX

[*:rcxn8adx]Tray

[*:rcxn8adx]XButton

Gui Related:

[*:rcxn8adx]Attach

[*:rcxn8adx]A_ThisGui

[*:rcxn8adx]Common Dialogs

[*:rcxn8adx]Colored buttons with GDI

[*:rcxn8adx]ChooseIconEx

[*:rcxn8adx]CreateFont

[*:rcxn8adx] Dock

[*:rcxn8adx]Dot Matrix Control

[*:rcxn8adx]Edit Control Fuctions

[*:rcxn8adx] GDI+ Library

[*:rcxn8adx]HotKeyGui

[*:rcxn8adx]HTMLText

[*:rcxn8adx]Hotkey_IfControlActive()

[*:rcxn8adx]Info Gui

[*:rcxn8adx]Lex' Mouse Gestures

[*:rcxn8adx]LVA (list view with colors)

[*:rcxn8adx]PopupXY

[*:rcxn8adx]Progress Meter

[*:rcxn8adx]tic-MakeICOBars

[*:rcxn8adx]Menu Icons

[*:rcxn8adx]Scroll Bar Functions

[*:rcxn8adx]Show Menu

[*:rcxn8adx]SetCursor

[*:rcxn8adx]Subclass

[*:rcxn8adx]Splash me

[*:rcxn8adx]Table Layout

[*:rcxn8adx]Toggle Menu

[*:rcxn8adx]TreeView functions

Some other GUI stuff

Lil' Builder

Color Buttons

Custom Message Box

Dynamic context menus [dll, ~350K]

RmChart

Micha's controls

Posted Image

Supercalifragilistic
  • Guests
  • Last active:
What do you think about adding the Micha's New controls on GUI windows (Buttons, Statics, HMTL, RTF...) to your list .
As the most of them are adaptation of CodeProject controls, they are note "pure" AHK ones, but they are very interesting. The RTF control, for example, is well done.

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
The DLL is bigger then AHK itself. It also depends on other dlls. Wrappers don't exist. (Users need to handle DllCalls). There is one wrapper for grid, but it is not documented.

The RichEdit will probably be created soon (by corrupt) without requirement for DLL.
Also, most of the controls are already available via much smaller dlls. For instance, RaGrid is only 20KB.

Second thing is that if you use one control, U must include them all....

All in all, doesn't go with goals set above:

Those that require user intervention, badly or not document, obviously buggy etc.. are not included

For the same reasons I didn't include very good RMChart - no encapsulation, docs etc.. and some other "controls" that are just proof it is possible to do, but not serious work.

So, the most important thing for me is ability to include control untouched - no jurking around the controls source code, and that it must not influence outer world.
Posted Image

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Good idea to list them!
It reminded me that I had to update also the AVI control, which I just done: it is now consistent with AniGif and IPAddress.
Find it at Add a resourced AVI to your AHK Gui
It is a bit hidden in a long topic, but I am unsure of the necessity of a new topic.
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
Ok, I added it. I think you should create new thread though.

I hoped that I can motivate authors to improve their wrappers.
Posted Image

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Last active: Feb 07 2011 12:10 AM

It would be good if we devise some standard so we can all stick to it for the sake of future simplicity.

Hmmm... Comments that must follow a certain standard and if the control requires a lot of documentation you could use Natural Docs, I fell in love with your MMenu documentation and I may start using Natural Docs when the need arises :D
Changed siggy at request of ahklerner :D

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Since this topic is a great resource, I've made it sticky. Thanks for putting it together.

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
I think that Titan's Captcha Control should be added on the list, all the code needs is maybe a few more comments telling the person using it what the parameters do in detail.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
This list seems to be real 3d party controls with wrappers for the dll calls. My captcha uses an array of Text controls for an abstraction layer, bots can quickly decipher it if they're programmed correctly. It would be useful to have a captcha control, if not with an external dll then perhaps using GDI. I'll study some PHP scripts and will try to come up with something.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts

This list seems to be real 3d party controls with wrappers for the dll calls.

MMenu uses a 3rd party control? I thought things that were made in autohotkey that simulate a control (like my hyperlink one) could technically be considered a control and so added to list. (My hyperlink one isn't on there because its not too good right now and a much better solution was found)

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts

bots can quickly decipher it if they're programmed correctly. It would be useful to have a captcha control, if not with an external dll then perhaps using GDI.

I fully agree, it is a nice proof of concept, but won't stop an AHK script... Beside, I am not sure of the usefulness in a Windows dialog: a Web application can be attacked by anybody in the world, but such dialog can be attacked only on the local computer, no?
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
Not many uses; it's often considered a nuisance. But there can be times when you want to prevent bots running your apps, like with macros or data collection forms.

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts

it's often considered a nuisance.

Most of the time, I don't mind, as I have full usage of my eyes (until some other people), but recently I was on a Web site on which I had to try four times before deciphering successfully the overly deformed characters...
An interesting alternative is to ask the user something a bot cannot answer, like a simple math operation, how many chars are in a string, etc., the idea being to take a random "challenge".

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts

I don't mind, as I have full usage of my eyes

Many men are colorblind (thankfully not I) so there's the issue of accessibility. As you said, when captchas are not configured properly they can be fustrating.

An interesting alternative is to ask the user something a bot cannot answer

Logic puzzles are stupid, a pattern can be learned just as quickly.

TheIrishThug
  • Members
  • 419 posts
  • Last active: Jan 18 2012 02:51 PM
While I don't really want to take this thread more off topic, some people at Microsoft came up with a different method then the standard captcha.

The test is to have the user say which picture has a cat or a dog in it. It is fairly simple for a human, but would be much harder for a computer to recognize what the subject of the image is.

It'll need to be "Of these pictures, which ones are cats?" and at least 4 pictures because only having one right answer and two pictures gives the bot a 1 in 2 shot at guessing right.