Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Hows Your Computer :)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic
polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
As Shoesize variably increments proportional to growth you should be using % or expressions.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

gtmattz
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Last active: Oct 18 2007 08:18 PM

And yea, go ahead and steal the sig, it was just something i put in there after a bad day of 'omgz help' topics in the help forum.

I'm not sure which I should find more funny, the fact that Sympathy will always be set to 0 or the fact that you probably did not know it was wrong. :D

The only thing that was wrong was that I omitted the parentheses around the comparison for the if statement. As I was not trying to write actual code when I made the sig, I did not think about it, but after your comments I have changed it.

If you need to know for certain, try running this code with different numbers for shoe size and IQ :lol: :

Sympathy := 1
IQ := 75
ShoeSize := 11.5

If (IQ < ShoeSize)
{
	Sympathy := 0

}

MsgBox %Sympathy%

Return

As for the increase in shoe size compared to age, my code only applies to adults, I don't want to judge children like that. :wink:
If (IQ < ShoeSize)

{

Sympathy := 0

}

ChalamiuS
  • Moderators
  • 176 posts
  • Last active:
MESA GONNA BUMP :shock:

Update!
I got a new 8xxx card guess which one :wink:

:idea: It got 2 8 in it and its cheap

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM
PC put together for fun recently:

functionality - DVR unit for recording/playback - TV

hardware:
QDI - Advance 10T - motherboard
Intel P3 - 1Gig processor
256 MB PC133 SDram
ATI 9600 series, 128MB AGP - video card/TV tuner with remote
TI 1394 card (used to optionally connect external Sony DVD burner)
160 GB Seagate IDE drive, 80 GB Maxtor IDE drive
Netgear FA312 NIC
Logitech USB wireless keyboard, optical mouse (collecting dust in a corner, batteries still installed/functional?)
no VGA monitor installed, connected to one of the A/V inputs on our TV entertainment system setup

software:
- XP Pro
- combination of Terminal services/Remote desktop, RealVNC used for configuration/updates if necessary from any PC on the network
- ATI Multimedia Center software for recording/playback on TV (impressive for functionality that does not require the use of the keyboard, mouse once set up - remote control only, misc. configuration done remotely using another PC on the network if necessary)
- custom AHK script used to playback .vcr files (or without script if recorded in mpg format) on any pc on the network from network share using Media Player (currently using version 11). In other words, I can watch a show that I had previously recorded on any other PC here when/if someone else has taken over the TV to watch something else :) .

Surprisingly very stable, considering the PC specs (spare parts), with excellent quality audio/video :) .

ChalamiuS
  • Moderators
  • 176 posts
  • Last active:
Im thinking about buying a low spec pc and use it as a server what would you recommend (i mean the specs).
:D

Gogogogo my 8800GT :shock:

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
It depends on what you want to have running on the "server" :)

ChalamiuS
  • Moderators
  • 176 posts
  • Last active:
Filehosting :
Music
Movies (*.wmv ffs :D)
ISO/IMG's (Personal backup. Its currently on a External HDD :( )

And maybe webhosting :shock:

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
well, the specs I listed above will work ok but it depends on how many people you plan on having connect to the server at the same time and how fast you want to be able to transfer files to/from the server for backup. Hosting movies and music on network shares for a small number of users will likely not require a lot of horsepower but it depends on how many other tasks the machine is attempting to do at the same time. A 100mb network works ok for what I need to do most days but I would probably upgrade to gigabit components if I backed up and restored a lot of ISO/IMG/GHO/etc... images on a regular basis. A simple webserver doesn't typically need a lot of horsepower but that depends on what content you want to host (sql, php, etc... ?), estimated traffic, etc...

Eventually I'll probably bump the spec for the PC I'm using to use a P4 - 2 gig (or higher) processor and 512mb (or higher) ram for a bit more flexibility and stability and use SATA drives to help with large file transfers. In general though, it's usually a good idea to add up the estimated requirements for each component that you'd like to have running on the server at the same time then add a certain % to compensate for addtional instances (if any), number of estimated connections, etc...

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Last active: Feb 07 2011 12:10 AM
I wish my ISP allowed me to host a website... I'm so cheap so I'd probably use a free DNS thing like dynalias provides.

Those two crappy linux boxes I think I mentioned before in this thread would be what I'd use :D
Changed siggy at request of ahklerner :D

ChalamiuS
  • Moderators
  • 176 posts
  • Last active:
Thanks corrupt. :D

@Elevator_Hazard

W-W-What you cant host a website :shock:

Elevator_Hazard
  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Last active: Feb 07 2011 12:10 AM
:shock: Crazy isn't it?

Makes me mad especially when you think its your router so you go ahead and do a bunch of stuff for the site then you realize its your ISP not letting you... No I can't use a different port other than 80 either because its against their TOS...
Changed siggy at request of ahklerner :D

Kazul
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jul 16 2008 02:21 PM
Use port 8080. Usually not blocked.

Anyway, for the computer...

E6600 running at 4.0ghz.
Technically 36GB of ram, 4GB onboard, 4GBx8 Iram cards (raid 0), spreading my computer across three motherboards (attached to the outsides of the case).
8800GT nvidia, tested, works 55/45 to a 8800GTX, for half the cost (GT has newer arcitecture than GTX).
8x18GB SCSI 15k HDD's, Raid 0 hardware+software (all into one single drive) (these are on top of the computer case now, as the GT is friggen huge).
One 750 GB normal hard drive to back up each of the above devices, located on seperate server (computer has BW-BOOTP chip for net card with an external switch to activate/deactivate).

One hickup and my system is toastied =D

Tested, 414 applications installed (including java, AVG, office, visual studio, adobe suite), Control Panel load time 133ms. Cant stand going slow. But I try to keep the computers appies to a minimum, dont really need that many.

Nice though, no need for antivirus, because one of the drives or irams is going to hickup before I find a virus I cannot remove manually =\
Defrags on Irams are in seconds, and SCSI's are maybe a few minutes.

infogulch
  • Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • Last active: Jul 31 2014 08:27 PM
Kazul, cool.

my laptop: Dell, Pent 4 M @ 2.4 GHz, 1GB ram, 14" mon (i think) but w/ 1400x1050 px res

.. and 20 GB hard drive (no, not 200, 20. lol) :shock: it's killing me too. :?

but it's uh, portable! ( for 30 min.. :lol: )

Deller
  • Members
  • 239 posts
  • Last active: Dec 08 2011 08:36 PM
AMD Athlon 5600 Brisbane Dual core 2.9 GHZ

Biostar gf 8200m2+ motherboard

2 gb wintec 1066mhz ram

nvidia 8800 GT graphics card

200 gb hdd

Ice_Tea
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • Last active: Aug 25 2010 11:11 AM
As I'm moving away in 2 weeks I built a computer, that I could use while I'm away from home, built it last weak:

2.53 GHz Intel Duo Core E7200
2 GB RAM DDR2-SDRAM, 800 MHz CL4
Gigabyte HD4850
Asus P5Q-E
2.25 TB (3*750 GB) 7200 RPM

WinXP Pro + Express Gate for Asus MB
770 € || 1 207 $

Really happy with the Express Gate, it boots my computer on 5 secs, but it only allows me to browse the internet and using skype and some other apps, but firefox is all I need if I need to boot up the pc quickly, I tend to keep my pc shutdown all the time...

Bought a awesome screen to the PC too, it's a TV+Pc screen... 22" LCD... I've planned to upgrade the whole system in 3 years when I finish my university, that's why I bought a cheap CPU and GPU...