Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Is there a way to activate something at a specific time?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Hellamund
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I want to make some kind of an alarm thing but for my computer, but I looked through the list of commands and I couldn't find one that let you set a time for something to activate. I could just be missing it, or maybe this isn't possible. Could someone please point it out for me if there is one? :p

Helpy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
The usual advice is to use Windows' Scheduled Tasks, or some kind of cron program.
Otherwise, you can use SetTimer and watch the current time.

Hellamund
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I would use the Scheduled Tasks thing, but I think it sucks because I have to set a password to be able to make it do a task. :x The SetTimer thing can also be annoying, because I'd have to change it twice a week, or every time I want to use it, to fit my needs.

svi
  • Members
  • 237 posts
  • Last active: Mar 09 2015 06:34 PM

I think it sucks because I have to set a password to be able to make it do a task. :x

I agree!

There's an AT -command, which doesn't require password, but it's rather complicated to use (command line utility)...
How To Use the AT Command to Schedule Tasks

The SetTimer thing can also be annoying, because I'd have to change it twice a week, or every time I want to use it, to fit my needs.

Why not automate the changes?
Pekka Vartto

Hellamund
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hm, I guess that could work. I'm kind of a newb at this since I started using it like a day ago... so I don't really know anything about it. :?