Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

ahk alternative?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic
jethrow
  • Moderators
  • 2854 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2017 01:57 AM

But it is a torture to write and support something longer than 100 lines.

I just wrote a 193 line Macro for my employer - I enjoyed writing it.

I am care only about AHK weak sides...

Every language has its weak points - I'm not sure why you're here if that's all you care about.

No normal debugger, no normal ide.

Well, AHK is aimed at the Non-programmer. I wonder how many Non-programmers ever know what a debugger & ide is ... ... ... but for those that do, there is always SciTE4AutoHotkey.

Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2015 03:49 PM

@Tuncay: Don't feed the Trol :D

Yes, sorry sir. :)

No signature.

garkin_
  • Guests
  • Last active:

But it is a torture to write and support something longer than 100 lines.

I just wrote a 193 line Macro for my employer - I enjoyed writing it.

You are a BDSM guy, i believe. There are a lot of that type around this forum. And it ok to get fun from things that you like. But fun is not the same as creation and production.

I am care only about AHK weak sides...

Every language has its weak points - I'm not sure why you're here if that's all you care about.

Cause of strong sides? There are lot of languages and platforms that got nothing weak sides in comparsion to AHK, as languages. They are only lack of such graceful framework. AHK as language is a rough single-wheel bicycle in the middle of the highway.

No normal debugger, no normal ide.

Well, AHK is aimed at the Non-programmer. .

Python is realy grateful to novice, easy-to-start and usefull in real world language. AHK in comparsion to it is nothing and only made novice to learn different ugly constructions and another useless language. AHK was my first lang in 15, and i may say, if it was any other language all things were gone much easier.

I wonder how many Non-programmers ever know what a debugger & ide is ... ... ... but for those that do, there is always SciTE4AutoHotkey.

If you do not understand why need normal ide and testing enviroment - nothing to do here. Move along.

jethrow
  • Moderators
  • 2854 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2017 01:57 AM

@Tuncay: Don't feed the Trol :D

Yes, sorry sir. :)

Ditto ...
Posted Image

Elesar
  • Members
  • 696 posts
  • Last active: May 08 2015 09:51 PM

*Image Snip*

Saved to dropbox for future use, thank you for you useful contribution to the prolonged livelihood of our forums jethrow. :D

garkin_
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Well, you obviously ask on wrong place, as ppl here are AHK lovers (obviously) and are not very objective.

I need to ask sorry, cause i said nothing new in comparsion to majkinetor already said 3 years ago. Actualy i did not read topic before post my revelations, my mistake.

Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
@jethrow
Nice picture. Love it.

No signature.

Zod
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  • Last active: Jan 26 2012 08:02 PM
The ability to use AHK meaningfully and in large scripts is mainly a limitation of simple minded programmers. Aside from a few spotty built in commands ahk is solid and reliable. I have several over 10k line scripts that are used by hundreds daily without issue. Yes I think I just fed the troll. @Jethrow Superb pic bro

Lets be clear, I despise AHK. But its what the company I work for chose. I wont say its a bad language or to limited though. And even I must admit it has its strengths.
Posted Image Stolen from SKAN

• Guests
  • Last active:
You persuaded me. Python - misery. AHK to production.
Cool picture, bro.

Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
I have so many things to say, but knowing its a troll makes a discussion senseless... Here is the text form I have written off from the picture:

Please DO NOT Feed
                          the Troll...

Trolls try to disrupt, destroy
                    or change discussion groups
                       to fit their own agendas.

Trolls are pin heads.

These trolls like to visit and try to disrupt our happy forum.
        Their lowly reason for existence is to post provocative, hostile or annoying
         messages. They claim they're here to discuss but in fact are just here to
        cause trouble. Trolls have an exaggerated sense of their own importance.
      Trolls will frequently use a persecution defense when they are asked to cease
  their antisocial behavior. When someone asks them nicely to stop posting negative
       comments, they'll claim innocent intent and will scream censorship. They will
        claim that they are being singled out because of their unpopular viewpoints.

Trolls will only stay when they are fed or given attention.
      So please do not pet, respond to, or feed trolls.
         Doing so only results in their prolonged stay.

This post link: http://www.autohotke...p=465376#465376
Quoted for true and for saving reason. Please refer to this post, every time you see a troll (real trolls only!). Feel free to quote too.

No signature.

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
I can offer to this only one suggestion. For those who believe that AHK is not robust enough, or powerful enough, or even portable enough, to be useful in a production environment. I suggest that you use something like C/C++ to create your own Scripting language with all the bells and whistles that make your anality subside.

Using a Core programming language like C/C++ which has ports to virtually all major OS's will give you the widest possible distribution. Given that you know enough about the various OS internals to run on those OS's, it should be a relatively straightforward task to implement all the basic AHK functionality along with being able to correct all those "mistakes" and "oversights" some find in work they did not themselves produce.

Good luck with that. Personally I prefer to use what works rather than re-invent the wheel using stone tools.

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

Scoox
  • Members
  • 194 posts
  • Last active: Jun 09 2017 03:34 AM
I've been using AHK and now AHK_L for at total of 3 years, writing scripts pretty much every day, and I've never had to look elsewhere. Since AHK already meets each and every one of my needs, there is no point in me wasting life looking into alternatives when I already have a suitable system in place that, as an added bonus, I am very familiar with. :D

RegJump() - Jump to registry path in Regedit

HoverScroll() - HoverScroll() - Scroll controls without focus

Zaelia
  • Members
  • 754 posts
  • Last active: Jan 17 2015 02:38 AM
AHK for ever ! Impossible to replace, but if you want to investigate more...
<!-- m -->http://alternativeto...are/autohotkey/<!-- m -->
(by random, link found today with duckduckgo, google becomes rotten with too much suggest algo and tracking...)
Perhaps "Sikuli", seems noob&graphic friendly with cross platform...
"You annoy me, therefore I exist."

lordui
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active:

I like http://www.lordui.com for complex image support.

nnnik
  • Members
  • 1625 posts
  • Last active: Jan 24 2019 02:19 PM

I'm trying to write a serious Game in AHK.

At the moment I'm still trying to get some training in OpenGL and MCode stuff.

That things like these are possible makes me wonder wtf did this guy do that it isnt possible :D

Visit the new forum ahkscript.org.

http://ahkscript.org