Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Internet Explorer / Windows proxy function

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic
chipmanners
  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • Last active: Oct 15 2017 07:12 AM
I was wondering if this supports proxies that need a username and password to access them?

Thanks,
Chip

misterhay
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Oct 30 2009 01:21 PM
Just wanted to say thanks and let you know that I used some of these ideas to construct a GUI for some teachers in my school division. It allows them to disable their proxy settings when they take their laptop home, or change the the proxy to the one in the building they're visiting

peterm
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Last active: Jul 04 2013 05:24 PM
Thanks alexbiz, just what I needed. I spend many hours in hotel rooms and my company VPN does not allow streaming. Now one click and i can switch the proxy off and stream radio. :D

A side question, can one run two explorers, one running VPN and the other not?

thanks
P

alexbiz
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Oct 02 2009 07:43 PM
It depend how your vpn is configure, but I'm 90% sure that you can't because as soon as you establish a connection with your vpn, a part of your traffic will go throught this connection.

btw, any idea to make this GUI work on firefox?

Visioneer
  • Members
  • 287 posts
  • Last active: Sep 17 2017 10:07 PM
I have 3 questions.
How do you remove (clear) the address, and port?

How would you check/uncheck the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" checkbox?

Would this work with all versions of windows 98 to 7?

Thanks

mystery-helper
  • Guests
  • Last active:
USAGE-:
OFF - setConnectionAddress()
ON - setConnectionAddress(0.0.0.0:8080)

setConnectionAddress(IPPORT = ""){
  BOOL = 1
  if IPPORT = "" { BOOL = 0 }
  if BOOL = 1 { regwrite, REG_SZ,HKCU,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings, ProxyServer, %IPPORT% }
  regwrite, REG_DWORD,HKCU,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings, Proxyenable, %BOOL%
  dllcall("wininet\InternetSetOptionW", "int", "0", "int", "39", "int", "0", "int", "0")
  dllcall("wininet\InternetSetOptionW", "int", "0", "int", "37", "int", "0", "int", "0")
Return
}

• Guests
  • Last active:
Great function! That will save me about 30 seconds per day for the next two years :)

Cheers,

alex

JHdoesAHK
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Sep 11 2014 12:27 AM

Thanks for this!  

I updated it so that it only needed to read the registry once in order to update and then read it again to confirm the update.

Here's my updated TOGGLE block from the original:

} else if ($state = "TOGGLE") {

; Read the current proxy setting
			$toggle := regread("HKCU","Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings","ProxyEnable")
			; ProxyEnable value will be a 1 or 0
			; This will always change it to the opposite
			$toggle := 1 - $toggle

RegWrite,REG_DWORD,HKCU,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyEnable,%$toggle%

$toggle := regread("HKCU","Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings","ProxyEnable")
			if ($toggle = 1) {
				$status := "Enabled"
			} else {
				$status := "Disabled"
			}
			MsgBox % "Proxy: " . $status

}