Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

RuneScape - How macros are detected by RuneScape?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Just wanted to ask how RuneScape detects macroing?

• Guests
  • Last active:
It checks if you use a nick at this forum, and if not - you're busted. It's that simple! :wink:

• Guests
  • Last active:
Well I've heard that Runescape detects if you click many times at the same point on the screen...

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Click pattern and frequency, bot-like mouse movements, player interaction, anti-random attempts, are probably the more common methods of detection. They could also use a process scanner and/or hook with HIDs at the driver level but I doubt that.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

BcBll
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Makes me wonder, what are bot-like mouse movements and how do they detect them..

Rhys
  • Members
  • 761 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2013 04:53 PM

Makes me wonder, what are bot-like mouse movements and how do they detect them..

Probably clicking the same pixel on any interval... Any human is unlikely to hit the same exact coordinates too often even if clicking the same button over and over.

• Guests
  • Last active:

When the mouse is useually moved by the user it moves to its target position over the screen, throught various points on the screen. The mouse makes little stops on these points and can be detected while makeing these stops (for example, move mouse over a menu in a program, and see how the menu buttons change, as if the mouse would be stopped on them, when the mouse moves over the buttons). Bots, in the other hand, move the mouse by instantainiousely placing the mouse to another position on the screen, and so the mouse does not stop on any other points on the screen except the point where it is moved to. So the bot-like mouse movements probably means the instantainious repositioning of the mouse on the screen. RuneScape probably detects, if the mouse does not move over the screen (makeing little stops between start position and target position), before reaching its target position.

i3egohan
  • Members
  • 403 posts
  • Last active: Feb 15 2012 12:07 PM
detects supisous mouse movement over the java window, detects click time, remember when your making a script, think what stuff u would do if you were actually training that skill.

Chris........
  • Guests
  • Last active:
do they see the things you type even if you don't send the nessages? and are they able to see what you're doing on other programs that are open at the same time?

trik
  • Members
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2010 11:48 PM
Only if ther use a client like WoW, which actually does that.
Religion is false. >_>

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: Jul 29 2016 12:40 AM
Any app can detect macroing using blacklists - there are finite number of macroing tools, and unless you made a new one, only for you....

It can get quite sophisticating, for instance measuring artificial mouse movement, but you can scrable it a bit anyway....

So, basicly, to detect macroing (and pirated versions) you have to go lower when software atitude is in question then those that make macros, and you are affecting only people who don't do any of that. For instance, Blizzard went very very low when privacy is in question, it does dirty things on your computer. Something that deserves a law campaign very badly, and firm to go down forever, IMO.

Thats why no sowftware should be bought, ever, except maybe the one that u use to earn money (even that not necesseraly, as they usualy don't sell what they market) :!:

dmsuperman
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Jan 15 2008 06:03 PM
Overall, it's a bad idea to script for runescape. They're bound to catch you eventually, unless you spend a long time making it as real as possible, and even then why spend all that effort just to advance yourself in some pointless game? I love runescape, don't get me wrong, but writing scripts for it is pointless. It'll get blocked and you'll get banned.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

Overall, it's a bad idea to script for runescape. They're bound to catch you eventually, unless you spend a long time making it as real as possible, and even then why spend all that effort just to advance yourself in some pointless game?

I disagree. The way most RPGs are designed is to be repetitive and slow paced for added longevity. This ultimately leads to greater profits for the developers from long term subscription fees. Clever people see past this and write programs to automate common and mundane tasks so they may excel and reap the benefits without having to work as much for it. This may seem like an unfair advantage but one could argue that taking money, often from children, through false advertising and bad practices such as this one is also similarly immoral, if not even more so.

Sweatshops in the virtual gold market is a totally different issue and I hold different opinions about it.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

not going to tell you....
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Yes, I agree with you on the fact that Runescape uses longitivity of their programs, ( like questing and earning money ) to make it harder to finish your work. They always seem to put the product out just beyond your reach to make you play more. And since people hear that being a member of Runescape allows you to make money quicker, they pay and pay to try to get something that is just out of their reach. Like Money, questing is another way to steal your money. They make the quest seem so easy at first, then you get hooked. The quest keeps going on and on, and since your subscription is expiring, and you want to finish the quest, you re-submit. And once you do, you'll realize that this quest is like a never ending waste of time. There goes $5.99...... You get wanna finish that damn quest so frikkin bad....You are thinking that you are almost done.... The sukker you into those deals. You think you're done about 90% of the time that you do the quest. Then when you finallly finish, you have to do ANOTHER quest to get this awesome award.... Then another...
There goes $5.99...... But I feel the most for the young children who waste their money trying to finish some vicious cycle of Jagex's Greed.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
FYI, it is easy to detect artificial mouse input using a mouse hook. AutoHotkey, for instance, implements mouse hotkeys using a mouse hook, and ignores any artificial events. Afaik, the only way around it would be to use a virtual mouse (like some programmable gamepads have, or by running the game in a virtual machine.)