Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

RuneScape - How macros are detected by RuneScape?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic
majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM

FYI, it is easy to detect artificial mouse input using a mouse hook. AutoHotkey, for instance, implements mouse hotkeys using a mouse hook, and ignores any artificial events.

Can you xplain me pls, what app in queston should do to detect my artificial mouse input, if moving routine is sophisticated, for instance, moving from position (x,y) to position (p,q) could be done over set of curves that are result of real time non-automated mouse recording.
Posted Image

Not gonna tell ya........
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Is there a cheat to get through the censors in runescape??? And why the Hell does Runescape have so many censors??? I mean every one's supposed to be 13 and over, so who could it REALLY BOTHER THAT MUCH???????????????????????????????????????????????

trik
  • Members
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2010 11:48 PM
Yes there is, but it is not a cheat nor will anyone tell you how.

h4xx0r n00bl37
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Last active: Feb 25 2009 05:09 AM

Is there a cheat to get through the censors in runescape??? And why the Hell does Runescape have so many censors??? I mean every one's supposed to be 13 and over, so who could it REALLY BOTHER THAT MUCH???????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes that is true everyone is supposed to be 13 and up but most players aren't.

KenRayadon
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Boys, boys...

1. RS is made in java. They don't have a process- searcher, it would be too laggy to have one, and to identify every single procces, and knowing the process name of every macro.
2. RS has one type of protection, direct input towards servers are encrypted and you can't use that type of a bot, but macros that move your mouse and type stuff can't be traced.
3. Jagex aren't gods, they can't find and trace down every botter. I mean, it's impossible to separate a good botter from someone who isn't botting.

Theese are facts. Face it.

Banned for a week!
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I'm facing the facts that my account just got banned!

fg
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I'm facing the facts that my account just got banned!

I hope you create a new one. :wink:

andrei901
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Last active: Feb 20 2009 04:52 PM
people that are saying stuff about runescape and not about botting or how runescape detects bots, please go away.

i think that runescape counts how often mouse clicks come in. if there is a pattern that is noticeable to milliseconds, then theyprobably consider it a bot, because its impossible to do something repetitively and have it happen a certain amount of milliseconds apart every time, human reflexes have a latency of at best between 5-10 milliseconds.

there are the occasional GENIUS cheats, of which only 1 exists or existed in runescape, and it was called AutoRune. you really can't get a copy anymore, and the person who made it hasn't updated it in the past 5-6 years, and Jagex knows about it, but it was a basically undetectable macro. if someone manages to remake autorune, they deserve to be rich and famous.
-andrei901, your local wannabe AHK expert

Riley a 721
  • Guests
  • Last active:
If runescape can look at what your doing on your screen its spyware

IS IT NOt?

• Guests
  • Last active:

If runescape can look at what your doing on your screen its spyware

IS IT NOt?

im actualy only 15 but i do know that that wouldnt make it spyware , world of warcraft moniters your open windows constantly while active and they tell you openly that it does this , infact tbh you could come up with an argument that alot of things are spyware , but their not 8)

me10c
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Last active: Jun 09 2011 10:03 PM
hmm I wonder
if you make a script lets say for fire making. the logs are big enough to use random clicks from x to y and still click on the log but on different coordinates (lets say the log is 20, 20 big , you have 400 positions you can click).
if you set the script to click on the logs with random delay (2500-4500 ms is enough) at random place on the log and with some variations on the log burnings (burning path (you can start the 2nd load on the square north of the last one) and the patern you burn the logs (lets say N1 , N3 , N2 , N4 .. the next time N1 , N6 etc.) how the hell can they catch ya when you :
1) dont do the same clicks over and over
2) you dont click with the same speed
3) you dont click at the same places ...

menaphus
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • Last active: Jan 16 2012 09:51 PM
reguardless off the bot finding software, one thing is for sure:

it sucks

i got reported before when i was using simple software and i didnt get even a warning

just like world of warcraft, the majority of bots caught are found because players report them and considering the percentage of botters that are rookie coders i think you may aswell ignore the bot detecter, and if you get banned .... get a bot! :p

menaphus
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • Last active: Jan 16 2012 09:51 PM

Yes that is true everyone is supposed to be 13 and up but most players aren't.

yes and its hard fir them to trace perverts ect

SpiderGames
  • Members
  • 936 posts
  • Last active: Apr 05 2019 10:47 PM
Uses a timing system. If someone grinds the same area for 12 hours every single day...

Also they have "Random Events". Usualy the random events will poof u away. If you constantly beat them with the same patern, somethings up.

Also. The name "6Ds7S8dS" dosn't really help.
Posted Image
I know i have 6 legs. It's cuz I'm special.

• Guests
  • Last active:
So we're on the topic of botting. What if someone uses a machine of some sort outside the computer [hardware] to click the mouse. Is that detected by Jagex as well?