Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

RuneScape - How macros are detected by RuneScape?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic
trik
  • Members
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2010 11:48 PM
No, it is not. Jagex looks for trends, so that will probably get picked up as well.
Religion is false. >_>

SpiderGames
  • Members
  • 936 posts
  • Last active: Apr 05 2019 10:47 PM
Jagex picks up the click. They can't tell if it was automated or not. But if there are 4000 click in teh same spot with the same sleep inbetween they will think somethings up. Since RS runs of a grid baced moving system it can log your walking/running patterns. the best way to get arround it is to makeabout 7 different paths and to ranodmly take them. Also to have a comand such as this.

; a comand
Random, rand, 1000, 3000  ; 1000 must be the MINIMUM sleep time for thsi to work.
Sleep, %rand%
;the rest here

There has to be some variation in your paths and your timing.

A chat bot would also help.
Posted Image
I know i have 6 legs. It's cuz I'm special.

SpiderGames
  • Members
  • 936 posts

Is there a cheat to get through the censors in runescape??? And why the Hell does Runescape have so many censors??? I mean every one's supposed to be 13 and over, so who could it REALLY BOTHER THAT MUCH???????????????????????????????????????????????

Sorry for double post. Just noticed this.

RS is build on an all "server-sided" value server. When a person "hacks" or "cheats" at a game they can only changed "Client-sided" values. A client sided value is informationn saved onto your computer while you play a game. Serversided is when the values are saved on another computer. Runescape saves all values on the hosted Computer (where ever jagex HQ is) for this exact reason. No one can hack it.
Posted Image

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM
Nothings hack proof. Im not saying Ive ever met anyone that could hack it but its still posible.
aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run

trik
  • Members
  • 1317 posts

Jagex picks up the click. They can't tell if it was automated or not.

A click done with the mouse has a different signature than that of one done with AutoHotkey.
Religion is false. >_>

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts

A click done with the mouse has a different signature than that of one done with AutoHotkey.

Ya to a windows app. But remeber that this is in a web browser.
aboutscriptappsscripts

SpiderGames
  • Members
  • 936 posts

Ya to a windows app. But remeber that this is in a web browser.

Exactly. The browser can't pick up the click signature.

Nothings hack proof. Im not saying Ive ever met anyone that could hack it but its still posible.

I never said it was. It just really hack Resistant.
Posted Image

trik
  • Members
  • 1317 posts
... It IS in a Java applet. The clicks are being sent to the applet, therefore, it can get the signatures.
Religion is false. >_>

SpiderGames
  • Members
  • 936 posts
Can get but the amound of memory it would take to save them all would be emence. If you get reported they may check this tho.
Posted Image

trik
  • Members
  • 1317 posts
Let's say that each click is recorded. Even if each click takes up 50 bytes, and there are 10,000,000 clicks a day, that is only 480MiB a day. If they dump the logs every month, they would only use about 14 GiB. That isn't really a lot of space..
Religion is false. >_>

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
Gerrr! I started playing runescape again because of this thread and wanting to test out autohotkey on it. I cant stop now.
Anyway, your math looks off to me. 500+ ppl on each of like 200 worlds at all times (100000) and most people click about every few seconds. So how many 3 seconds are in each day? (a lot). But even after that its not that big but I don't think they would try that hard when they have so many random events. I was getting a random event every 10 to 30 minutes today.
aboutscriptappsscripts

SpiderGames
  • Members
  • 936 posts

Let's say that each click is recorded. Even if each click takes up 50 bytes, and there are 10,000,000 clicks a day, that is only 480MiB a day. If they dump the logs every month, they would only use about 14 GiB. That isn't really a lot of space..

Problem is they need to log everything else as well, Money, items, where they are placed, stats, Musics unlocked, quest, ect. Nothing is stored on your computer remember that. + there count for players is in teh millions. Altho everyone and there mother has 7 accounts...
Posted Image

kflemkgldmhgldf
  • Guests
  • Last active:
this is all bs.. runescape detects bots by using random events. if the bot gets caught in the random event and cant complete it runescape can track them down. Tracking mouse key clicks and stuff? BULL. its not possible it would cost too much money.

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
The smart move for runescape would be prevent bots from working by having high levels of input and tracking repetative motions and clickes, then using random events to stop the other bots. If you fail the random event many times or spend a large ammount of time on it then it can add you to a list of posible bot users. If the behavior continues then they can ban or suspend the user.
aboutscriptappsscripts

cerewa
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Last active: Aug 13 2009 04:46 PM
As far as I know, Runescape DOES NOT have the ability to check what processes are running, what's on your screen, or what you do with your computer outside of the Runescape screen.

What it CAN do, I think, is analyze the movements of your mouse while it is on the runescape screen. If your clicks hit an exact pixel location repeatedly, or if your mouse moves in a perfectly straight line between clicks, or if you delay a particular number of milliseconds between clicks you may get permanently banned with no warning. If you click on an exact color or two with 100% accuracy, they may be able to detect that. If behaves as though you never get bored and never sleep, you may get permanently banned with no warning. If you never say anything in the game or if you don't respond to players who talk to you, it'll increase the chances you'll be banned. If you fail every random event or if you log out every time you get a random event, you're likely to be banned.