Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Menu Icons v2

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic
scriptor
  • Members
  • 668 posts
  • Last active: Feb 15 2016 01:02 AM

I've tried to also copy both files into c:\programfiles\Autohotkey and paste them into there as well. So I've basically copied the two files (MI.ahk) and (ListIncludes.ahk) into 3 different locations:

1. in the same folder as AHKControl.ahk

2. C:\Program Files\Autohotkey

3. C:\Program Files\Autohotkey\Lib

I've pasted them into all 3 locations just to be sure. But still, when I launch AHKControl.ahk, it shows up in the task manager, but still nothing seems to happen and no icon appears in the system tray.

However, I examined the script, and I changed 'EnableTrayIcon = 0' to 'EnableTrayIcon = 1' and when launching the script, I do get a blue/yellow shield icon in the tray - but I'm unable to click on it- nothing happens when left or right-clicking on it. So I am trying here.

If you could offer another clue as to what to do next to get this working I'd be very grateful, thank-you

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

My next guess...

Required:
ListIncludes.ahk (placed in function library)
Menu Icons v2
AutoHotkey v1.0 or v1.1 ANSI/Unicode 32-bit. 64-bit is not supported.
Source: AHKControl

If you're not sure, run this script:

if (A_PtrSize = 4)
    MsgBox You are running AutoHotkey 32-bit.  AHKControl should work.
else if (A_PtrSize = 8)
    MsgBox You are running AutoHotkey 64-bit.  AHKControl will not work.
else
    MsgBox You are running a very old version of AutoHotkey...

You can switch using the AutoHotkey Setup script (Installer.ahk).

scriptor
  • Members
  • 668 posts

woohoo! It worked, thanks bud! Beautiful script!! I downgraded to 32-bit and now it works.

2 questions:

1. is there any difference between 32/64 bit versions of AHK in general? So far everything seems to be the same with my existing scripts (speed is the same, funcionality is ok so far). Should I be concerned about slower performance or compaitibility issues if I use 32-bit on a 64-bit Windows?

2. how do I hide all the other AHK tray icons (all my other scripts) and have just the AHKControl icon visible (that was one of the main points I set out to do- to eliminate all the other green AHK icons from the tray and have just one icon which would be the AHKControl icon (blue yellow shield))?

scriptor
  • Members
  • 668 posts

well looks like I've managed to answer my own question - I've just added #NoTrayIcon at the start of each script and now the only incon in the tray is the AHKControl icon. Awesome. So much easier to identify my script now.

That said, is there any reason I should be using the 64-bit version instead of the 32-bit?