Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

How to generate a unique hardware ID / fingerprint

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic
Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM
The manufacturers often disable the serial number, due to the threat of boycott a couple of years ago. (You have to boot the machine in a special mode to access the serial, if it is there at all.) Some retards thought that it was a danger to privacy. The consequence is that now different programs make different fingerprints of the PC with complicated, proprietary ways. The privacy is not improved, but there are a lot of re-registration problems.

Sarah
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  • Last active: Oct 12 2009 05:42 PM
Well.. I did not know that! Sounds interesting ~

greynite
  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • Last active: Jan 12 2011 03:28 PM

I don’t have access to 64-bit Windows. The CPU instructions should still work, but Windows might prevent the function from running properly.

Works fine on my Vista x64:

---------------------------
CPUID by Laszlo.ahk
---------------------------
A = 0: GenuineIntel
A = 1: 0x6fb 0x20800 0xe3bd 0xbfebfbff
A = 2: 0x5b0b101 0x5657f0 0x0 0x2cb43049
A = 3: 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

(FYI, running as a local administrator, UAC off)

Update: Works fine with UAC on also. No UAC prompt.

Cheers,
Shawn

payal
  • Guests
  • Last active:
[sir
we are working on a project in which a finger print device will capture the image of a person and we have to store records of students

the peoblem with us is that we are not been able to generate the code that how we'll connect our program to that hardware device

plz reply soon

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM
Could you give some info about the HW device? They all have their unique way to communicate with.

Scratch
  • Members
  • 108 posts
  • Last active: Mar 16 2014 08:02 PM
getting the nics Mac adress with arp might be usefull part of creating a fingerprint and stuff like run ping -a 127.0.0.1 on the pc itselve to resolve/match the name of the localhost, or do a traceroute from the local machine to your server to catch if the pc is connecting from the same physical location or has moved or imposter pc on other location, especially catching a mac adress of a cable modem is usefull, otherwise if they spoof that, their internet provider network refuses to route it for them, the lack of (forged) packets reaching your server would be a clear indicator.

All of these could be spoofed by experts, but it does raise the bar substantially

Bluserver
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I like this thread. I've been thinking of this figerprint codes to make my programs secure.

However I cannot find a way to code it I try to use winlicense but it seems winlicense don't accept autohotkey and autoit scripts. Winlicense uses hardware lock like bios harddrive etc. If a code DriveGet can get the serial number of harddrives is there a code that can get bios version, serial etc? :roll: :roll: :roll:

processor ID
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Can somebody help here please (AutoHotkey_Lw)
http://www.autohotke...144.html#384144
I know that answer is somewhere in this thread, but I can't figure out it myself :oops: