Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Auto-raise / mouse hover

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic
Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
All menus (context menus, file menu, etc.) should use the same class of window. Adding the window class used by Opera menus should be "universal" (for Opera.)

also there is another problem, 'recent documents' menu in 'start menu' or winxp seem transparent, when the mouse is there it activates the below window :S

Does this also happen with the All Programs menu? I think they are all 'BaseBars'. Try adding
GroupAdd, DisableHover, ahk_class BaseBar
The problem with this is that it also disables hover while a "task group menu" is open. (i.e. with the "Group similar taskbar buttons" option active.)

The script is probably trying to activate the BaseBar, but since it is not designed to accept the focus, it closes. (The start menu window stays active while a sub-menu is open.)

as for the "specify different hover time inside a window than the taskbar button hover time" can you implement it please?

I might, but not soon.

user
  • Members
  • 476 posts
  • Last active: Dec 23 2011 07:18 PM
the BaseBar solution worked perfectly, but I still cant make the script not to work for firefox and opera drop down menus

:(

also in the new script version the feature "ignore hover inside the same button if its not activated" is broken

last, can you tell me please how to disable the 'hover over window (not its button) to activate it" and the "hover over the minimize/maximize buttons at the upper right of each window" till the script will have an option to specify its own hover time

(custom hover time for hovering over the minimize/maximize buttons at the upper right of each window would be nice as well)

thanks

user
  • Members
  • 476 posts
any update please ?

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

the BaseBar solution worked perfectly, but I still cant make the script not to work for firefox and opera drop down menus

The script already disables hover while a Firefox menu is active. It works perfectly for me, but perhaps the window class (MozillaDropShadowWindowClass) is somehow different for you. Use the instructions in one of my previous posts to determine what the window class of the drop down menus are.

also in the new script version the feature "ignore hover inside the same button if its not activated" is broken

Works fine for me. I've changed nothing that would affect that.

last, can you tell me please how to disable the 'hover over window (not its button) to activate it" and the "hover over the minimize/maximize buttons at the upper right of each window" till the script will have an option to specify its own hover time

Read the script. All of the options are at the top, each with a comment that describes what it does. It couldn't be easier. (Also, I didn't intend to enable hover_any_window by default; I left it on accidentally after testing.)

user
  • Members
  • 476 posts
mm, this is the function that is broken:

<!-- m -->http://video.tinypic...r.php?v=520mfmf<!-- m -->

as for the problem with the drop down menus, wouldnt be solved if the script worked not with controls, but with windows? I mean it should focus-when-hover, not controls, but windows

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

as for the problem with the drop down menus, wouldnt be solved if the script worked not with controls, but with windows? I mean it should focus-when-hover, not controls, but windows

I'm not sure what you mean, but perhaps you don't realise that menus are windows. The script uses the window - not control - under the cursor.

mm, this is the function that is broken:

As I said, works fine for me. Edit: on both Vista and XP with classic style, using the latest version of the script, with or without hover_any_window enabled.

user
  • Members
  • 476 posts
lexikos have you fix this issue in the currect script version?
<!-- m -->http://video.tinypic...r.php?v=520mfmf<!-- m -->

EDIT: umm, this is what I am talking about
; However, clicking and then moving a small amount will still trigger hover.
apparently it cant be fixed, right?

also, is there a way to determine the parent window or to activate by process (eg, activate when hovering over some.exe)? because in many programs there are popups and they go to the background when hovering over the main program window

user
  • Members
  • 476 posts
:shock:

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

apparently it cant be fixed, right?

It likely can, but I'm not going to.

also, is there a way to determine the parent window or to activate by process (eg, activate when hovering over some.exe)?

Not without risking activating the wrong window.

I've done enough. I don't use the script, and have no further interest in developing it. You or anyone may use the script (Auto-raise) or its code however you like.

user
  • Members
  • 476 posts
ok thanks!!

LoSinG_LoSeR
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Last active: Dec 26 2010 07:13 PM
Great script, this will make life easier!

Would it be possible to add so you can close windows with Middle mouse button (like FF tabs)? That would be even better!

Thanks again.

user
  • Members
  • 476 posts

Great script, this will make life easier!

Would it be possible to add so you can close windows with Middle mouse button (like FF tabs)? That would be even better!

Thanks again.

check here
<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...topic14088.html<!-- m -->

this script closes taskbar buttons with right click (much more convenient and for those that dont have middle click)

you can open right-click menu (context menu) by ctrl + right click on a taskbar button

LoSinG_LoSeR
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Last active: Dec 26 2010 07:13 PM
Thanks for your reply, didn't work for me at first (I have a Swedish version of xp) but that was easy to take care of.

Thanks again.

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:
Well done lexikos!
This script is a Script showcase candidate.

:)

bb
  • Guests
  • Last active:
please tell me if anyone is interested to improve this script and implement new features :shock: