Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Compile_AHK II - for those who compile!

• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic
darklight_tr
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Last active: Feb 11 2014 04:32 AM

@vbmark - Compile AHK compiles in whatever AutoHotkey_L build you're using.  If you've installed the Unicode 64-bit, it will use that by default so that's why your compiled files are all 64-bit.  You can override that by using the AutoHotkeySC.bin checkbox and setting it to the 32-bit AutoHotkeySC.bin (Unicode 32-bit.bin).

@wzxiaodu - I have no issues with the links, though I may be moving them since SugarSync is becoming a pay only service next year.  Maybe SugarSync is blocked for you?

dammtools
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Nov 05 2019 01:28 PM

@vbmark - Compile AHK compiles in whatever AutoHotkey_L build you're using.  If you've installed the Unicode 64-bit, it will use that by default so that's why your compiled files are all 64-bit.  You can override that by using the AutoHotkeySC.bin checkbox and setting it to the 32-bit AutoHotkeySC.bin (Unicode 32-bit.bin).

Thanks a bunch dude. I was trying to figure out a way to do this and you clarified it.

jeff_
  • Members
  • 104 posts
  • Last active: Sep 19 2014 06:13 PM

Broken link? blank page

Drako
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2019 06:19 PM

@ darklight_tr

but then does it exist a way to actually make it impossible for anyone to decompile a script or not?

darklight_tr
  • Members
  • 31 posts

@jeff_ - I'll test the links later but as I said a couple posts before they were working fine for me the last time I tested them.  I'm currently using SugarSync (which I'll likely be moving away from) so I wonder if it is blocked for you.

@Drako - There really isn't a way to make your script decompile proof.  The included mpress.exe adds a degree of protection, but is likely easily worked around.

aobrien
  • Members
  • 77 posts
  • Last active: Mar 06 2014 04:42 AM

Hi Darklight,

I had the same problem as jeff_... tried to download ladiko's .exe from the first post of the topic (really frustrating). Then after an hour of debugging my browser I went to the last page (31) of this topic and it seems that you have taken over the project and the .exe is kept in a different server.

So basically, the very first (and most important) post of this topic is invalid. Can you ask ladiko to modify his first post (or if he is not around then ask the moderators do it) to mention that you are now the project owner and fix the download links so that new visitors don't have the same problem, please?

Thanks,

aobrien

darklight_tr
  • Members
  • 31 posts

@aobrien - Sorry about that.  I wouldn't consider myself the project owner now - I just decided to fix some stuff since no one was working on it anymore.

All - I am aware that the SugarSync links are dead since my account expired on 02/08.  I'll be moving them to a new server tonight.

UPDATE: Links are back up.

userabuser
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Last active: Mar 12 2014 03:24 AM

@aobrien - Sorry about that.  I wouldn't consider myself the project owner now - I just decided to fix some stuff since no one was working on it anymore.

All - I am aware that the SugarSync links are dead since my account expired on 02/08.  I'll be moving them to a new server tonight.

UPDATE: Links are back up.

Seems the link is broken again. Has anyone got the latest version of this?  Or is there something newer available? Been awhile since I've been on the forum..

newcomer
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Sep 01 2014 03:09 PM

The new links are in page 30 of this thead.

jeff_
  • Members
  • 104 posts
  • Last active: Sep 19 2014 06:13 PM

UPDATE 11/18/13 - v0.9.1.3 posted here.

Well, soon was about a year - sorry about that.  But here is v0.9.1.2!  I never publicly released v0.9.1.1 but included the release notes from it.  At this point I don't know if I will update Compile AHK anymore as progress is being made on embedding this functionality.

Compile AHK v0.9.1.2 (10/20/13)

Setup: Compile_AHK_Setup

Source: Compile_AHK_Source

Readme: Compile AHK Readme

Changes:

v0.9.1.2 (10/20/13)
--------

Compile AHK Changes:

-Compiled with AutoHotkey_L v1.1.13.01.

Setup Changes:

-Compiled with AutoHotkey_L v1.1.13.01.
-GoRC updated to v1.0.0.0.

v0.9.1.1 (04/23/13) - Internal Release
--------

Compile AHK Changes:

-Compiled with AutoHotkey_L v1.1.09.04.
-Fixed an issue where Compile AHK wouldn't start in newer versions of AutoHotkey_L.

Setup Changes:

-Compiled with AutoHotkey_L v1.1.09.04.
-MPRESS updated to v2.19.
-Fixed several issues where Setup would pick the incorrect path to the AutoHotkey folder on x64 systems.
-The Setup button now disables upon activation.

Thanks

jasondrake
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Aug 01 2014 06:22 PM

where can i download Compile_AHK by ladiko?

https://ahknet.autoh...e_AHK_Setup.exe

this link is broken.

Dougal
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Last active: Oct 09 2015 10:31 PM

where can i download Compile_AHK by ladiko?

Link in post above yours just worked for me.

Dougal
  • Members
  • 18 posts

I have just got this working after some issues.

When I tried to use Compile_AHK I kept getting an error that Unicode 32-bit.bin wasn't available. I finally worked out it was because I had previously used ahk2exe selecting Unicode 32-bit, and it appeared that this setting was being remembered, and the ahk2exe call from Compile_AHK was trying to use it instead of AutoHotkeySC.bin file copied to the temp folder from the selected file in the Comile_AHK dialog.

The fix was to run ahk2exe on a script selecting default (which seemed to make future calls use AutoHotkeySC.bin by default). Now Compile_AHK works fine.

Maybe the ahk2exe command line could append "/bin AutoHotkeySC.bin" to explicitly use that file instead of the last used by ahk2exe.

Hope this saves others some time.

Edit: Forgot to say, great tool. I had built a simple tool to give me version number and icon using GoRC and ResHacker, but this tool is way better. Thank you very much.

xxmarkxx
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  • Last active: Oct 12 2014 11:23 PM

I've been trying to use Compile_AHK to compile a script. Everything works great except that no matter what I've tried, I can not get my script to compress. mpress is in the compiler directory.  I try checking and unchecking NoUPX but both compiled scripts are the same file size.  I scanned my compiled scripts with PEiD and nothing was found.  Any ideas?  Do I have to rename mpress  to UPX or something?

Dougal
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Hi darklight_tr, any chance of taking requests, even though you aren't project owner? ;)

I sometimes have to compile both x86 and x64 specific builds to take advantage of extra memory or to access files from C:\Windows\System32 (eg pkgmgr.exe) without getting redirected to SysWOW64.

My current work around is to build the main script with no compile settings and 2 wrapper scripts that just contain the compile settings with appropriate exe_file and alt_bin entries and an include line for the main script. Then I can compile each of the wrapper scripts separately to generate x86 and x64 specific exes. Works, but slightly cumbersome.

It would be nice to retain the compile settings within the main script - maybe with multiple exe_file and alt_bin lines to generate the 2 versions or multiple [AHK2EXE] sections with option for x86 or x64 and exe name suffix.

When I get time I will have a look at the source and see if I can do it myself, but thought you might have already considered this.

Cheers