Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Compile_AHK II - for those who compile!

• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic
ladiko
  • Members
  • 290 posts
  • Last active: Jan 16 2012 11:46 PM
it is %ProgramData%\Autohotkey\Compiler
so on vista it is:
C:\ProgramData\Autohotkey\Compiler or %
and on win xp it is:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autohotkey\Compiler

cause if you are a non privileged user, you dont have write access to %programfiles% - this is why another (crappy) path is used at the moment =/

mandiom
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Last active: May 25 2008 05:12 PM
Thanks, I found it...

So everything in the Compiler folder, right?

ladiko_too_lazy_to_login
  • Guests
  • Last active:
the folder AutoHotkey under %programdata% was created by compile_ahk

ladiko
  • Members
  • 290 posts
Update from 2008-04-03:+ New: icons can be picked from resource files like dlls and executables
+ Changed: AllwaysOnTop now uses icons instead of text
+ Fixed: "Set AHK-Version" wasn't disabled on startup, if versioninfo was disabled

Trubbleguy
  • Members
  • 122 posts
  • Last active: Jan 15 2017 10:50 AM
Deleting the previous install folder is a must in Vista, not sure about xp sp2 but until i manually deleted the install location for the latest version amd then installing fresh it would not work

ladiko
  • Members
  • 290 posts
normally this is not needed. if the setup is started with administrative rights, all content will be overwritten. maybe some of the files were open or opened by another program? but then it should be impossible to delete them manually.

what's the error if you try to install again?

another thing:
i want to add two message boxes and i'm unsure if the following texts are good english:

1.) which one is better:

+--------
| Shall the selected icon file "%IconName%" be copied to the script's folder?
| [Yes] / [No]
+--------
or
+--------
| Shall the selected icon file "%IconName%" be copied to the script's folder and use the copy?
| [Yes] / [No]
+--------
or
+--------
| What do you want to do with the icon?
| Yes: use the icon from its original folder
| No: copy the icon to the script's folder and use the copy
| [Yes] / [No]
+--------
or a custom msgbox gui with buttons like: [use original] / [create copy]

2.) if the user in 1.) select to copy the icon and it already exist:
+--------
| Do you want to overwrite the icon file "%IconName%" ?
| [Yes] / [No]
+--------

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

1.) which one is better:

The first and third sound okay, but I think a custom GUI would be best. The second doesn't sound right.

What is the benefit of copying the icon?

Do you want to overwrite the icon file "%IconName%" ?

That sounds fine, but I'd suggest using a layout similar to the Windows Vista Save As dialog:
MsgBox, 52, Confirm XYZ, Filename.ext already exists.`nDo you want to replace it?
XP is more like:
MsgBox, 52, XYZ, The long path of that file you just selected\filename.ext already exists.`nDo you want to replace it?

ladiko
  • Members
  • 290 posts
thank you for your reply (-:

the benefit ...
i added the function to extract an icon from a resource file (maybe you've heard about that ;-) ) . if this is the case, the icon is copied to the script's folder. so the only files that are outside of the script's folder, are directly selected ico-files.

my next step would be replacing hard pathes in the saved ini-file with a variable like %CompileAhkDir% that also works if you move the script's folder to another folder/drive/computer.

result:
you have a portable source folder with everything inside (was a requested feature).

a custom gui like this is ok?
+--------
| Do you want to use the icon from its original folder or create a copy in your script's folder and (use it from there|use the copy)?
| [use original] / [create copy]
+--------

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

a custom gui like this is ok?

Yes. :)

instantrunoff
  • Members
  • 115 posts
  • Last active: Oct 10 2011 07:19 PM
this latest version gives me corrupted .exe's, and i overwrote the previous version. would you post the previous version for me please ? :)

ladiko
  • Members
  • 290 posts
Update from 2008-04-05:+ New: icons can be copied to the script's folder and pathes in the .ini files are now relative --> portable script folder
+ Changed: the icons on the icon tab are now sorted like inside the compiled file
+ Changed: renamed the shipped icons from AllOnTop(On/Off).ico to AlwaysOnTop(On/Off).ico
+ Changed: the values ICON_%A_Index%_SET are not longer saved in the .ini files
+ Fixed: Bug in Setup-GUI on non-Vista systems
+ Fixed: Wrong file names in setup's error messages
Old versions:
2007/09/09 <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... _Setup.exe<!-- m -->
2007/09/11 <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... _Setup.exe<!-- m -->
2007/09/11 <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... _Setup.exe<!-- m -->
2007/09/12 <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... _Setup.exe<!-- m -->
2007/09/16 <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... _Setup.exe<!-- m -->
2007/12/03 <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... _Setup.exe<!-- m -->
2008/03/08 <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... _Setup.exe<!-- m -->
2008/04/03 <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... _Setup.exe<!-- m -->

instantrunoff
  • Members
  • 115 posts
  • Last active: Oct 10 2011 07:19 PM
When the previous versions of Compile_AHK didn't work either, I found out that Threatfire was causing the problem even though the compiler processes were "allowed." I've written PC Tools about the problem. Disabling Threatfire allows the AHK EXE to compile properly.

ladiko
  • Members
  • 290 posts
do you know what's the problem?
compiling with changing the icon files, compiling with changing version info or compiling at all?

does somebody know if double quotation marks are allowed as password for compiling with ahk2exe? if it is allowed, how to escape the double quotation mark? for the command line?

Update from 2008-04-06+ New: Compression level: None
+ Changed: now the ini file is only written if you compile
+ Fixed: New projects had `%IN_DIR`% in outgoing executables path
+ Korrektur: compression level of Ahk2Exe.exe saved and reset after compilationUpdate from 2008-04-06 v2+ New: Credits GUI by AGU & LaszloUpdate from 2008-04-08+ Fixed: Icon settings were not saved in defaults.ini
+ Fixed: handling of double quotation marks in password corrected

Trubbleguy
  • Members
  • 122 posts
  • Last active: Jan 15 2017 10:50 AM
OUT_FILE= in the ini file is being a pain for me, i write a main exe for one company, and then copy it to another folder with the ini file, where the same exe compiles with different plugins, which is for a different company...
I need NO path set for OUT_FILE as they are always in %A_WorkingDir%, can you remove the path and just leave the filename please, if i dont manually change the ini file for that ahk it fails on compile or overwrites the main exe i created in the original folder (where original ini pointed).because sometimes i do this for 5 or 6 different compiles of the original ahk, i dont want to have to setup the ini file for each company every time i copy the ahk and its compile ini file.

Razlin
  • Members
  • 454 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2014 06:21 PM
Hi ladiko.

I just noticed an error in your
Compile_AHK_Setup.ahk

I dont know if this can cause errors in the compile_ahk.ahk but when it asks you where to save the compiler in
c:\ decs settings \all user\ ... ... there is a [...] button to select folder.

just a note that this button doesnt actually change the path

I dont have "rights" at work to save stuff in all users and the [...] doesnt work.. Ill see if I can change it hopefully it wont affect other parts of the script.
-=Raz=-