Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Compile_AHK II - for those who compile!

• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic
ladiko
  • Members
  • 290 posts
  • Last active: Jan 16 2012 11:46 PM
sorry, the mistake is fixed ... once again a comma too much ^^

the option to add other execution levels was introduced cause of a user's problem with a file named PatchKeyboard.(exe|ahk)

vista forces the need of admin rights if an executable has a filename with setup,install,update,patch,etc. in the filename or installshield,wise,inno,nsis etc. in some resource informations.

you can only override this behaviour if you add the execution level "asInvoker". If you add this, you can run the executalbe without administrator rights also if it has one of the other named attributes.

Rhys
  • Members
  • 761 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2013 04:53 PM
Oh my - I am not sure how I missed this, but it's great... Lately AHK Icon Changer hasn't been changing my Icons for me, so I'd been doing it manually with reshacker (problem is probably with my system, not AHK Icon Changer) but this does it perfectly!

Thank for providing a great tool!

ladiko
  • Members
  • 290 posts
Update vom 2008-04-17 v2
+ Changed: VersionInfo Language and Codepage / Charset can be changedDownload Compile_AHK
about charset / code page:
dont ask me where you can see it, was it does or what bad side effects it could have. ahk-default is "unicode" and this is preset. if anybody knows more, please tell me :-)

gui upgrade accoring to the last change, will be done later.

edit:

Update from 2008-05-06
+ Fixed: Added a line break to the installation path in the installer, if it is too long
+ Changed: If launched without parameters, the preset start folder isn't c:\ anymore

ScottMattes
  • Members
  • 195 posts
  • Last active: Feb 16 2015 01:43 AM
I just stumbled onto this thread and I am very interested.

One problem with the compiler that comes with AHK is that my routine to display hotkeys and substitutions doesn't work - it relies on reading the source.

My code is a mod on code I found here, but it reads the source and creates a string with the hotkey and the command

i.e. "#p:: ; do screen print and paste it into paint" displays "Win-P do screen print and paste it into paint"

and ":*:]xyz::Now is the time" displays "]xyz Now is the time"

Does this compiler have an option, or is any work being done towards an option, to create a menu item for the compiled version of a script that will display the contents?

Thank you.

chadross
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2011 12:00 AM
This is a great tool...

I use AHK from a USB Thumbdrive, would it be posible for the installer to allow you to select the path to AHK if it doesn't find the default installation. This would also require the use of some releative paths in the code i imagine.

Keep up the good work. :D

mandiom
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Last active: May 25 2008 05:12 PM
"Problem loading page" when I try to download :(

ladiko_too_lazy_to_login
  • Guests
  • Last active:
try again now?!? i've got the same problem on wednesday. if the problem still exists, ask titan - the owner of www.autohotkey.net - or try with another browser.

See
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Too bad it said page not found. It might be down. Hmmmm.... :?

Z Gecko
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Page is not down for me,
i just downloaded with success.

There might be a problem with your browser or Firewall :cry:

mandiom
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Last active: May 25 2008 05:12 PM
I tried again and now it works :D It was down 2 days ago :)

shajul
  • Members
  • 571 posts
  • Last active: Aug 01 2015 03:45 PM
bravo.. very nice script!

imo, this should be added to the wiki topic

Script Listing Catalogue under the section AutoHotkey_Related -> Tools

This may also replace the standard compiler!!
If i've seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants

my site | ~shajul | WYSIWYG BBCode Editor

ladiko
  • Members
  • 290 posts
Update from 2008-05-25+ New: Installer supports command line parameters for silent installation. List of parameters with /something
+ New: PortableApp: Compile_AHK etc. should be in the same folder like AHK2EXE.exe, f.e. X:\PortableApps\AutoHotkey\Compiler
+ Fixed: If an icon file from another folder should be copied to the script folder, this task wasnt processedDownload Compile_AHK

I use AHK from a USB Thumbdrive, would it be posible for the installer to allow you to select the path to AHK if it doesn't find the default installation. This would also require the use of some releative paths in the code i imagine.

you can install it, wherever you want. the only problem is: AHK writes InstallDir to registry and Compile_AHK reads this regkey. I changed it this way: if InstallDir isnt found in the registry, it only has to be in the same directory as ahk2exe.exe. pls try it! :-)

Does this compiler have an option, or is any work being done towards an option, to create a menu item for the compiled version of a script that will display the contents?

maybe i'm a little bit retarded, but i dont get the point of what you want :(
you want a hotkey or system tray context menu item that shows the current compiled script's source code? hmm my script doesnt compile anything. it uses the default compiler ahk2exe.exe and is limited to it's ahk-related functions. my script only gives access to ahk2exe.exe's command line options and some resource editing. maybe i could add the related script file as a resource to the compiled script, but how to show it ... hmm?!? refer to <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...hp?p=147202<!-- m -->

chadross
  • Members
  • 13 posts

you can install it, wherever you want. the only problem is: AHK writes InstallDir to registry and Compile_AHK reads this regkey. I changed it this way: if InstallDir isnt found in the registry, it only has to be in the same directory as ahk2exe.exe. pls try it! :-)

Ladiko: One problem, the Compile_AHK_Setup.exe still requires the registry key to be set, so I can't add the Compile_AHK to the Ahk2Exe directory; however, when i run the Compile_AHK.ahk from that directory it works almost perfectly. I need to be able to specify the path to resource hacker. as I have this elsewhere on my drive.

ladiko
  • Members
  • 290 posts

Ladiko: One problem, the Compile_AHK_Setup.exe still requires the registry key to be set, so I can't add the Compile_AHK to the Ahk2Exe directory; however, when i run the Compile_AHK.ahk from that directory it works almost perfectly.

changed.

I need to be able to specify the path to resource hacker. as I have this elsewhere on my drive.

what's the problem with reshacker.exe and gorc.exe in the compile_ahk folder on your thumbdrive? 400kb disk space? it is to much work to change this, cause i would have to add a settings dialog for this and add entries to the settings file (save defaults button) and also had to change the settings file behaviour cause YOU need a global settings file e.g. in the compile_ahk folder cause the atm used folder in A_AppData is useless for you and your usb thumbdrive. other people dont have write access to the compile_ahk folder (if they work with a non-admin account), so A_AppData is useful for this people etc. and i'm to lazy to do this work cause of ~400kb disk space, sorry!

Update from 2008-05-26+ Changed: possibility to continue installation if A_AhkPath is empty
+ Changed: Possibility to continue compiling if ResHacker.exe or GoRC.exe is missing
+ Changed: Replaced all occurrences of "Compile AHK" to "Compile_AHK" and "Compile AHK Setup" to "Compile_AHK_Setup"
+ Changed: internal behaviour of the "Compile" button changed from WinWaitClose to a normal subroutineDownload Compile_AHK

chadross
  • Members
  • 13 posts

changed.

Thanks, much appreciated

what's the problem with reshacker.exe and gorc.exe in the compile_ahk folder on your thumbdrive? 400kb disk space? ... and i'm to lazy to do this work cause of ~400kb disk space, sorry!

No problem. :wink: I didn't realize it was such an invasive request otherwise i would never have asked.
You accommodation of my request is much appreciated. It works perfectly for me now. Keep up the great work.