Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Whats your favourite editor

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favourite editor?? (78 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favourite editor??

1. MED (3 votes [3.49%])

Percentage of vote: 3.49%

2. EditPlus (9 votes [10.47%])

Percentage of vote: 10.47%

3. EmEditor (7 votes [8.14%])

Percentage of vote: 8.14%

4. PSPad (40 votes [46.51%])

Percentage of vote: 46.51%

5. TextPad (10 votes [11.63%])

Percentage of vote: 11.63%

6. Notepad (17 votes [19.77%])

Percentage of vote: 19.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Sty!a
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Last active: Feb 11 2005 08:32 AM
My is the MED
Posted Image
Th!s !s STYLE

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
I like Notepad because it's simple, fast, and powerful; much like the whole AutoHotkey itself.

Martin
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Last active: Jan 06 2012 02:45 PM
I prefer NoteTab

- nice and small
- great for joining lines from emails etc.
- has great Yahoo forums for support in writing macros (Clips)
- has great little clip library (macro library) from AutoIt 2 which can be used with AHK

Regards,
Martin

Sty!a
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Last active: Feb 11 2005 08:32 AM
@martin vote :!: :!: :!: :mrgreen:
Posted Image
Th!s !s STYLE

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@ Chris,
as this topic won't meet the requirements for this section I'd prefer to move it to General Chat. Thx for listening. 8)

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
Titan,

Please tell me you at least use metapad over notepad. It is smaller and is far superiour to notepad. [Info]

As for me I used to be an anti Text Editor past metapad, but finally decided to find out what everyone liked about them. I tested multiple Text editors, MultiEdit, EditPlus, TextPad, etc... but PSPad won out.

thanks,
beardboy

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
LOL! I knew someone was going to say something about Titan's comment. Yes, I am one of the hordes who uses a notepad replacement (notepad², included with xplorer² installation), but I've learned to respect the opinions of others, even if those opinions hold enormously inferior Micro$oft products in high regard.

Still, I'd question Notepad being "powerful"... :D

Anyway, my editor of choice for scripting and programming is PSPad. Free, full-featured, reliable, blah, blah, blah, I'm not here to advert it. I use notepad² for everything else, though.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I like Metapad too. I should probably switch to PSPad for scripting, but old habits die hard.

@ Chris,
as this topic won't meet the requirements for this section I'd prefer to move it to General Chat. Thx for listening. 8)

I think it fits into this topic because it helps new users discover what the popular editors are.

Jon
  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Last active: Aug 30 2011 08:35 PM
I use notepad. I like it because it's very simple which alot of alternative editors aren't and I can't get used to multi-coloured code etc

saying that, it took me a very long time to get used to firefox and I never thought I would get to like the tabs but now it is my default browser and I dislike using IE.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
@beardboy
Thanks, I never knew about metapad before. I still prefer Notepad, I don't know why, just a peronal prefrence I guess...

I wonder if there will be a code lib for VisualStudio or Dreamweaver lol.

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM
Hmm... none of the above wasn't an option so no vote from me ;)...

I use Jens' File Editor most of the time :).

ranomore
  • Members
  • 171 posts
  • Last active: Mar 01 2013 01:41 PM
I like how one vote counts for 14 % of the total population. That's what makes AHK great...lots of users, and every opinion counts! (even BoBo's on a Mr. Hyde day)

I like EditPlus because it has a tabbed display, although the only others I've tried are PSPad and Notepad. It was also fairly easy to write an EditPlus syntax highlight file for a program I use at work.

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM

(even BoBo's on a Mr. Hyde day)

This is funny 'cause it might be true... maybe that's why he never registers. By day, the flamboyant and helpful BoBo, but by night (cue the darth vader music) the infamous Mr. RTFM! :lol:

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
@Chris

I know how you feel, I was the same way. All the developers at my work were using MultiEdit and I was staying strong with Metapad. I tested out MultiEdit but all the keyboard shortcuts weren't windows standard shortcuts. I liked the idea of having multiple files open and on different tabs, so another 2 years later I decided to test them all out.

@Titan
I got stuck working on a lot of Windows NT computers and got sick on not having things like ctrl+s to save the document (Now with AHK that wouldn't be a problem). I replace windows notepad with metapad on every computer I use, including the 1600+ computers I work on (I love freeware :))

thanks,
beardboy

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Jonny wrote:

darth vader

some of the posts make me even breath like him. :shock: My doctor said it's kinda "hyper-ventilating" :lol: