Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

OutputDebugString implementation

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic
toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
  • Last active: Aug 20 2014 04:23 PM
Thanks.

@nduncan:
Please check your sound settings. I do not mean the volume, but:
On German OS: System Einstellugen -> Sound und Audiogeräte -> Sounds
On an english OS it should be something like this:
System Settings -> Sound and audio devices -> Sound

Are sounds set for the program events? You can test them directly on that tab.
Ciao
toralf

I use the latest AHK version (1.1.15+)
Please ask questions in forum on ahkscript.org. Why?
For online reference please use these Docs.

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Note: the line with *32 didn't worked for me. I went to the Sounds control panel, set it there and then I could report that the script worked fully for me... Some programs can alter these settings.
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

nduncan
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Last active: Oct 04 2009 08:43 PM
phil.ho

I had no idea that the codes (ie *32, etc) could be set. I cannot see anything relevant in Sound & Audio Devices of the Control Panel. Nor have I found anything with Google, two good Win XP books of mine, nor in Windows Help.

Many thanks for the suggestion , but please elaborate a bit

I also have a Realtek "Unknown Device" that I hadn't bothered with as I'm not into Hi-Fi, but I have written to the motherboard manufacturer to ask them for a fix.
oldie

nduncan
  • Members
  • 32 posts
toralf,

The two possibilities in English would be:

Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices

and

Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Mananger>Sound, video and game controllers, but I can see nothing relevant in either.

Phil.ho has said that you can set the sound codes directly, but I have had to ask him for for more details.

Did you see my message with the AutoIt3 info that you asked for? Phil.ho was a litlle disparaging in his reply. If you have seen it, would you think it worthwhile for me to try some simple scripting with it?
oldie

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
  • Last active: Aug 20 2014 04:23 PM

Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices

This is the one i mean.

I can see nothing relevant in either.

There shoud be settings for the events: "Simple beep", "Stop/error", "Question", "Exclamation" and "Asterisk(info)" and much more. They might have a different name. For Instance in german "Question" would be "Frage" and "Asterisk(info)" would be "Hinweis". These events must have the symbol of a speaker in front of it. Otherwise no sound is played when these events occur.

Phil.ho has said that you can set the sound codes directly

See above, he had to set a sound for the "Question" event to hear it. He didn't mean to specify "*32" literaly, it was just a shorthand for the "Question" sound.

Did you see my message with the AutoIt3 info that you asked for? [...] would you think it worthwhile for me to try some simple scripting with it?

Yes, I did see it. And it was as I expected, it is an extended Editor. And as I wrote before you can (maybe, since I do not know their editor) get the same functionality with PSPad. If you want, give it a try, maybe you find AutoIt better fitting your needs. Have fun.
Ciao
toralf

I use the latest AHK version (1.1.15+)
Please ask questions in forum on ahkscript.org. Why?
For online reference please use these Docs.

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Same as toralf... Since I have French systems, I can see only French names, but I can relate them to AHK's names:
Windows
	Afficher la bande Barre d'outils
	Agrandir
	Alerte de niveau de batterie critique
	Alerte niveau de batterie faible
	Arrêt critique
	Astérisque               [color=blue]*64[/color]
	Avis de nouveau message
	Commande de menu
	Connexion de périphérique
	Déconnecter le périphérique
	Démarrage Windows
	Erreur du programme               [color=blue]*16[/color] ?
	Exclamation               [color=blue]*48[/color]
	Fermer le programme
	Fermeture de session Windows
	Impression terminée
	Le périphérique n'a pas pu se connecter
	Menu déroulant
	Niveau inférieur
	Niveau supérieur
	Notification système
	Ouverture de session Windows
	Ouverture d'un programme
	Question               [color=blue]*32[/color]
	Quitter Windows
	Réduire
	Sélectionner
	Son par défaut               [color=blue]*0[/color] ?
I have much more, a software (Perforce) added two sounds to the Windows' sounds (boo! at least with a proper prefix), other softwares add sounds under their own heading.

*-1: Simple beep. If the sound card is not available, the sound is generated using the speaker.
*16: Hand (stop/error)
*32: Question
*48: Exclamation
*64: Asterisk (info)

I am not sure for two sounds, right now I am on a soundless PC...
I note that *0 is missing from the doc. It should produce the default sound.

Now, we are really off topic...
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

nduncan
  • Members
  • 32 posts
Thanks to all of you for your contributions. In spite of all my efforts the ahk sound codes still do not work. However I am now convinced that the problem is in my system - just might be that "unknown" Realtek device, although it seems unlikely. I'll get that fixed somehow

So let's move on and leave this thread that has gone on for too long.

As debugging is my priority and I have had two negative opinions on AutoIt's IDE I shall striuggle away with DebugView and pray that someone will come up with an AHK IDE before too long.

Thanks again to all
oldie