Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

www.autohotkey.de

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic
jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
Any further posts on this subject should go in the German forum!

AGermanUser
  • Members
  • 82 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2010 06:06 PM
I sent the translation of the quickstart tutorial to toralf by PM. He should have it right now.

EDIT

Check. :) I've read the changed posting.

Quick-start Tutorial - www.autohotkey.com/docs/Tutorial.htm

like this?

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Please re-read the above post, AGU. I've edited it.

Edit: Yes, that's perfect, thank you. It'll be open soon, I promise! :lol:

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Can't german users just use Google's webpage translator!?

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
  • Last active: Aug 20 2014 04:23 PM
I just realized, that it will be very difficult to just translate into plain text.
Because Chris HTML sites are full of links, it is very difficult to get the translation into it.

Here is what I suggest. We start with a bit modified english page.
-> each page consist of two column.
In the left and right are english at first. In the right each translator can change the english to german. This will keep the links and the formst. And noone has to know HTML in detail.
I have prepared already two HTML sides.
HOME and Tutorial
I can do the rest of the pages too. If I can send them to jonny, then everyone can start to translate. But please stop sending me pain text. I will not be able to put them into the html in months.
Ciao
toralf

I use the latest AHK version (1.1.15+)
Please ask questions in forum on ahkscript.org. Why?
For online reference please use these Docs.

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
I'm currently getting the English site copied to the domain, with the changelog and forum linked to this site. Everything else has relative urls. If you are familiar with relative urls, it shouldn't be too hard for you, especially if you download what I already have on there and build from that. I'm in the process of getting the directory structure and site on the public domain too, but that will be a little longer (probably soon, but I'm going to get some coffee now :wink: ). Btw, Chris, if there was a bandwidth spike today, I'm very sorry. I accidentally downloaded the forum along with the rest of the domain, and it was going for about ten minutes before I stopped it. First time I used HTTrack. :?

Arne
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I've transleted the Index you can download it here!

arne

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
  • Last active: Aug 20 2014 04:23 PM
@jonny: OK, since you download the pages again. I will stop to work on mine. I will start again as soon as we are setteled on one way.

Could you please add these HTML commands to each of the pages. That would help in the process of translating the pages and for others to re-edit it:

Add after the first H1 headline (after ) the following:

And add before the
(which is close to the end of each htm file):

Then copy all that is between these two added parts behind the last and add afterwards:

This will make the pages a two column page. On the left we can keep the original english HTML text. And into the right HTML text we can add the german by overwriting the copied english text.

For re-edit/checking the translated column we can use the left column easily to check if the translation kept the correct meaning. The column can be later delted when we are sure that it is nicely translated.
Ciao
toralf

I use the latest AHK version (1.1.15+)
Please ask questions in forum on ahkscript.org. Why?
For online reference please use these Docs.

Arne
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Why don't use a frameset? it's more comfortable!
you can scroll the two pages if you need.
only make sense if it's only for translating!

arne

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I'm glad for all this interest in translating. Here are some replies to posts in that other thread:

What about this!

That's nice. I like the use of the country flags as an easy way to switch languages at a glance.

I haven't heard Chris yet on whether he needs an extra domain for hosting it, but I could at least put it up for now. I'm just assuming for now, but do you want to host this new German site too? I don't really care either way...

In the long run, it's probably best for a German speaker to at least have the ability to change the pages and add content (maybe this is already true via your FTP setup). Perhaps Toralf and/or BoBo have the time. In the short run, whatever you and others want seems fine.

Ok, I will start to coordinate this. If anyone disagrees, please take over.

Feel free to change the content and layout of any pages you wish. There is no need for an accurate translation either: if you wish to present something in different words or structure, feel free to do so.

This is about as close to a wiki as we're gonna get, since it seems noone has any experience in that area.

I don't want to give up on the idea of a wiki. Although I've never used one, I think it's pretty easy to set up either on your domain or mine (or perhaps one belonging to someone in Germany). That could really get the ball rolling in terms of attracting more volunteers, which might eventually allow all the documentation to get translated.

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Sorry to anyone misled by my post above; I was unexpectedly delayed. I was going to post a copy of the English page, but instead I'll simply put a copy of Arne's page up. My next project will be to integrate his page into the English page, and hopefully get an intuitive structure for updating; but I'm not sure about the frames/columns. Like I said, I've had no experience with html, but your directions were simple enough that I think I could probably do it. It does sound like a good idea, but it might also make updating a little trickier. I've been considering just making a public domain that is also the main domain, but then it'd be a security thing and I want to avoid that. I suppose if anyone is willing to help with the html (greatly appreciated), I could temporarily change the main domain's password and give it out on a per-person basis.

On the other hand, I could also redirect my efforts to a wiki; if someone is willing to provide simple directions (or directly help), that'd be cool. Keep in mind I've never worked with stuff like this before. :?

Also, if anyone has other suggestions on how this project should be approached, feel free to voice your opinion. I'm with Chris on this, I don't really care how it's done; but I will do all I can to make it happen. :)

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Arne's index is now on the domain temporarily until I get a working framework for the site. Most of the pages already have relative urls (Thank God for text parsing!), I just need to fix up Arne's for the rest of the pages and we'll have a good starting point. Then again, that too could only be temporary until a wiki's set up.

ranomore
  • Members
  • 171 posts
  • Last active: Mar 01 2013 01:41 PM
This is the installation guide.
http://meta.wikimedi...e:_Installation

This is the link to the wiki software itself (included in the installation guide).
http://meta.wikimedi.../wiki/MediaWiki
I don't know anything more about it, but the people who wrote it do!

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Thanks ranomore, I'll take a look at it as soon as I can.

www.autohotkey.de
  • Guests
  • Last active:

If Chris actually has an AutoHotkey.de or similar url, that would be rocking, but I doubt it.

Try it, again & hail the chief ! :D